main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Higher. Further. Faster. Together: Captain Marvel (+ The Marvels)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I was unsure about Brie being cast as Carol in the beginning as well. Mostly because I wasn’t really familiar with her, so didn’t know what she’s like. She was good in both Kong: Skull Island and Free Fire. But it wasn’t until I saw her real life personality that I was sold. I get the same vibes from her as I do with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, especially from her social media.

Marvel seems to be fantastic at finding actors who match their Marvel character’s personalities in real life. Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man. Paul Rudd as Ant-Man. Chris Pratt as Star-Lord. The list goes on. Brie will fit perfectly into this universe.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Slight updated change to the Captain Marvel film logo, as it now has a starry effect between the words "Captain" and "Marvel" like her uniform.

[​IMG]

And despite this tweet from last year,

[​IMG]

Brie Larson is denying she sign a seven movie deal with Marvel.

Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  3. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  4. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  5. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    For size:

[​IMG]

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I remember payphones...

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    ♫ You use to call me from a payphone... ♪

8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Heck, I remember when the theater I work for used to have payphones.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I remember when a pay phone was considered fancy schmancy because most of them had numbered buttons instead of a rotary dial like our phone at home did. And yes I remember when the pay phones also had rotaries.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Okay, look. Payphones (and there are still some around today) didn't disappear a hundred years ago. It's not a thing to remember them yet.

Darth Punk likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "You have a collect call from "Mom, come give me a lift home!!" Do you accept the charges?"

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yep, did a lot of that after track and baseball practice. Don't know if it was common everywhere but kids at our school thought it was funny to dial 911 on the payphones then hang up, so that the next unsuspecting kid to try and call their parents would have to convince the 911 operator that there was nothing wrong (I was one of those "lucky" kids one time).

13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I did the same thing when I was high school for the first two years whenever I had to lift after school for football (which was almost everyday until lacrosse season started). You have a collect call from "Mom can you pick me up please" I think was a stable for our generation. Of course my dad would always give me quarters so I could go home but I never used them. Why? Because I always wanted to hit the vending machine after lifting. My mom to her undying credit never told my dad that the quarters he gave me to call home was being used to hit the vending machine. I did use them when I called him from the mall to be pick up but honestly my buddies and I almost always saw a movie before we left (part of our ritual) so they had a good idea what time I was getting out so they usually pick myself and my friends (the parents took turns who dropped off and pick up) shortly after the movie ended.

And @cubman987 we never did that. Our thing was to call the local bowling alley and asked if they had "9 pound balls". You can fill in the lame junior high idiot male joke afterwards.

It's one of the things about growing up in the 80's/90's. You just spent so much time hanging out waiting for a ride or something. I think the bonds that were made at times like those are something that is lost in today's youth at least what I see with the students I see/work with everyday. But that is a topic for a different day/thread.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  14. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I love how the Captain Marvel thread has now become the '90s reminiscence thread. :p

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    that's going to be doubled when the movie hits hahahaha

16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    So, Djimon Hounsou is reprising his role as Korath, and he's also in Shazam, which will be released the following month:

What makes that particularly interesting is that Shazam was originally known as Captain Marvel (and is still unofficially referred to by that name). So, from a certain point of view, you can say Djimon Hounsou is in two Captain Marvel movies. :p

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So reshoots for Captain Marvel are underway. Nothing spoilerrific from the leaked set photos. We do see more Coulson though.

I would expect the next trailer to drop around the NCAA Football Championship game, as that's when the Black Panther trailer dropped last year.

Jedi Merkurian , BigAl6ft6 and Luke02 like this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Super Bowl?

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That might be too late, as it's only a month before Captain Marvel hits theater, and the ad cost. Although, Super Bowl might be when we get a tease for Episode IX or more footage of Avengers 4.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime

I am not feeling any teaser for Episode IX other then the title until April and Star Wars convention. I can easily see though additional footage on the teaser trailer to Avengers 4 (which I think will come out next week) and a Captain Marvel full length trailer around that time too, perhaps during the NCAA national title game like you suggested earlier.

@Rew

A nineties nostalgia thread?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Rew likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, I remember it was around this time in 2014 when we got that first teaser for The Force Awakens.

[​IMG]

Nothing for Episode IX thus far. So, the Super Bowl could be a great spot to drop a teaser to help build the anticipation for the first EP9 trailer for Celebration. If not Episode IX, perhaps Disney will drop the first teaser for The Lion King. I heard the opening of Lion King has been screened at some film festival.

22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime

Yeah I was kinda hoping we would get a Black Friday surprise teaser trailer for Episode IX like we did in 2014 for TFA but that was really Bob Iger who really pushed Lucasfilm to at least show what they were up to since not only were the fans getting restless but also were the stockholders since it's the sale of Lucasfilm happen two years prior for four billion dollars and there hadn't been a single shot of footage shown yet. This time I think there isn't the same amount of anticipation both with fans (like I argue many times before, many people including myself had been waiting since 1983 to see Episode IX therefore nothing can top that type of anticipation) and shareholders plus Disney has so many important film vehicles next year (Avengers 4, Lion King, Toy Story 4, Dumbo, Spidey 2, Aladdin, etc) that are obviously going to be out before Episode IX that will get priority trailer wise.

23. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    An outlier that started an industry wide trend that has largely subsided back to the norm of the 6 month promotional window.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    A set pic of Clark Gregg in full Coulson regalia taken during reshoots:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I remember agent coulson