main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Higher. Further. Faster. Together: Captain Marvel (+ The Marvels)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm liking what I've seen so far, call me excited :)

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

3. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    A rug and a little makeup seems to go a long ways for SLJ. Even in those leaked set photos that have been around for months he looked much younger (and a lot heavier) though admittedly they were at some distance.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Faicial expressions help too, everything about this Fury is softer edges, at least in this photo. Very much not like the Fury we see in the 'present day' MCU.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, something tells me Fury will in for a rude awakening, especially if...

Ben Mendelsohn's character is responsible for Fury losing his eye. Harkens back to the line he told Captain America in TWS about the losing an eye the last time he trusted someone.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I enjoyed nerdist news breakdown of the photos.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I really knew nothing about Captain Marvel until I read a digital comic of hers available for free on Amazon Prime about a month ago. She seems like a really cool character.

8. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I didn't notice this in the shots yesterday.

[​IMG]

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This is going to be the best Green Lantern movie, EVER!!!

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, Master_Lok and PCCViking like this.
  10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    OUCH. :D

I still hope DC does a John Stewart GL movie.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    My comments wasn't as bad as Deadpool putting a bullet in Ryan Reynolds head. :p

According to Geoff John's production company's, Mad Ghost Productions, webpage the Green Lantern film is in development and...
    I recall reading an article awhile go noting that Captain Marvel would have to change it's origin story or not be an original movie because of its similarity to Green Lantern.

Here's the synopsis.
    [​IMG]

I really didn't like the EW cover photo of Captain Marvel, but the image above is pretty awesome. Although, I'm sure Ethan Hawke thinks the tights are silly. Well, at least Carol Danvers doesn't have metal claws.

I would expect the first teaser trailer for Captain Marvel to either drop on Monday Night Football or Good Morning America in a couple of weeks. I would have guessed Jimmy Kimmel, but it's been awhile since Disney dropped a MCU trailer on Kimmel probably because it's a late night show and doesn't get the maximum punch until the next day.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    What are Captain Marvel's powers anyway? From what I gather on Wikipedia, it just looks like super-strength, flight, shoots beams from her hands....so she's Goku?

13. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    She can also "go binary"

[​IMG]

So yeah, Goku.

I believe in some iterations she also has a form of extrasensory perception (like Spidey sense).

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I keep thinking they're going to "Secret War" in Captain Marvel that a character we've known for the MCU was a Skrull all along. It'd be way simpler if every hero who got dusted was a skrull. Bonus points for maximum MCU TV screwover if it's revealed that Coulson has been a Skrull since the 90s. (Of course, generally when Skrulls die they turn back into Skrulls at least in the comics)

No SuperSkrull with the powers of the FF, though, that's owned by Fox... for now. Muha-ha-ha-hah-aha-ha!

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe there was more to project T.A.H.I.T.I. (it's a magical place) than has ever been revealed. May's orders for observing Coulson for 'dangerous' behavior was always odd to me.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/07/captain-marvel-ben-mendelsohn-skrulls/

Why do Skrulls sound like Australians?

There’s a certain kind of earthy correctness to an Australian delivery. So I think that’s probably what tipped it in favor of me. And then my other guy sounds like Don Rumsfeld. Don Rumsfeld’s a good kind of read for my other guy.

The inspiration for a Marvel villain may be the most good Donald Rumsfeld has ever accomplished. His comments make it sound like there's gonna be at least a bit of Secret Invasion thrown in there.

PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
  17. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Friday"s are usually recap days of the last week of shows for Kimmel

Bilbo Fett likes this.
  19. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I remember reading something about that as well not long after the movie was announced. From the articles that have come out over the past week I'm getting the impression that they're going to introduce her as part Kree part human from birth rather than an alteration of her DNA by some sort of accident. That's going be an awful lot like Peter Quill so they're still gonna have to work at making it feel original if that's the option they've selected.

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That maybe why it starts with her already with the Kree and there will be subsequently be flashbacks to her time getting her powers.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Quill's origin was largely hashed out in flashbacks as well, outside of his "abduction" at the start of GotG.

In the comics one of the advantages the Kree had over the Skrulls was their genetic capacity for mutation. They may take the opportunity in CM to introduce mutation resulting in enhanced abilities as a concept (if not in name) to the MCU.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that's basically the backstory for the Inhumans on AOS, or at least the GH serum. Some Kree are obviously different from others. With their hands in the genetic cookie jar all the time, it wouldn't be very different for them to expand on that aspect.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone is forgetting her ability to unintentionally spawn numerous angry reddit threads.

Jedi Merkurian and Bilbo Fett like this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I thought that was Monica's version?

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I would expect the Captain Marvel teaser to drop during the week of Sep. 24, which is a week before Venom.

And then the full trailer around the week of December 14 to be attached to Mary Poppins.

BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.