main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Higher. Further. Faster. Together: Captain Marvel (+ The Marvels)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, Sep 4, 2018.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I only think he was a Skrull cuz about 30 seconds later there's a Skrull (science guy) outside simming the mom playing with the kid. Could go either way.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think Talos would have gone into the house before the Science Guy could sim the mother. And he's pretty much right there.

Diggy likes this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The neighbour was very obviously not a skrull, and I don’t know how the joke could go over anyone’s head.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Finally saw this. As most Marvel movies go for me I loved it. This movie had massive eye candy and some jolly laughs and tugging heart string moments.

To bad it was followed up by Endgame crapfest.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  5. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Jedi Daniel likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting that they claim it moves from the 90's to "present day". CM1 clearly suggested a pre-GOTG1 story to be next so I wonder if they're fudging "present day" to mean late 00's/early 10's since that's mostly present day (especially since Endgame would still be a year or two in the future from when this article says the film is expected to be released) or if it'll span multiple periods/use a flashback structure of some kind?

Kind of a missed opportunity if that's not the case, though- using CM2 to show Carol's lost years between CM1 and Endgame would not only further enhance GOTG via Ronan but make her absence and reappearance during the Infinity Saga seem less awkward.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I suspect the line about Kree sleeper cells will be a set up for Captain Marvel 2. They'll still be after the "weapon" as Ronan put it just without Ronan involved. The present day gives them the opportunity to make SWORD a major part of the film the way SHIELD was for The Winter Soldier and also allows for a grown up Monica to appear.

BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.
  8. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I think Ronan's remark in CM isn't that hard to work around. The first GotG depicted him as having become too much of a radical for even the Kree government. So him striking out on his own and abandoning that is an easy sell. It's Carol's line about going after the Supreme Intelligence that's a bit harder to brush aside. Is the SI still ruling over the Kree by the time of GotG? It didn't seem to be way back then. Setting CM2 in the modern day kinda leaves all of that hanging.

But at the same time I would get the motivation to go with skipping over that, for now at least. SWORD, Carol as an inspiration for Ms. Marvel, another prequel not having the added benefit of being sandwiched between two movies the likes of Infinity War and Endgame and having a clear path towards informing the current overarching narrative of the MCU. It makes sense.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Here's my guess at the gap between CM and GOTG: Captain Marvel is somehow responsible for forcing the peace treaty between the Kree and the Nova Corps. Maybe she'll severely weaken or eliminate the SI. Ronan could be to the Kree what the Resistance was to the New Republic in the ST. It would explain why the Kree ambassador rejected the Nova Corp's request to stop Ronan.

Sarge and AhsokaSolo like this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's the thing- everything everyone has just mentioned isn't dependent on CM2 being post-GOTG1. Setting it in, say, 2013 still allows Ronan to be involved, the peace treaty to be started and could show the beginnings of SWORD to setup what we saw in FFH and for Monica to be an adult.

PCCViking likes this.
  11. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    It does seem strange to me to set Captain Marvel 2 in the present MCU. I've read rumors that CM2 will be like a Civil War movie, where it almost feels like an Avengers movie more than Captain Marvel, but I just hope that is wrong. I think making Captain Marvel an integral part of the peace treaty between the Kree and the Nova Corp does seem like important story that they set up. Also, in terms of Carol's character development, they need to show her taking on the Kree/facing them. I almost think it's more important, though, that they set up SWORD for the Avengers/Earth story. I guess they can do it with a line and leave the rest to our imagination, but that's kind of dull to just never tell the story of humans building a massive space station with the Skrulls to protect Earth.

Oh plus, I still am disappointed that they destroyed Xandar off screen. That was my favorite MCU world and it seems ripe to get developed further, particularly if they're ever going to bring in Nova. Although now that I just went through all that, I suppose they could save all that back story for the Nova film/story, and just not tell it with Captain Marvel... Or make Captain Marvel a supporting character in it.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I still think we'll see the decimation of Xandar at some point, maybe a preamble for Guardians 3. As for Captain Marvel 2 being set in the present day, complete guess, maybe it was a happy accident, the original filmmakers get a D+ Captain Marvel-ish TV show to cover all that ground between the two movies and CM2 jumps to the present to keep things rolling.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder if Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are involved in the Ms. Marvel. Would make a lot of sense.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Unless it's just to direct a few episodes, I doubt it. Ms. Marvel is pretty far along in development already and starts shooting in 3 months.

15. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Is
    Nick Fury with SWORD in the post-credits scene of Far From Home?

Also, isn’t adult Monica confirmed to be in WandaVision? It’s gonna be really interesting with all of the Disney+ series being required viewing for the MCU moving forward. Phase 4 will be massive and more “Everything is Connected” than ever.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Not 100% confirmed I don't think but very very likely given set pics have already revealed SWORD. The ship he was on was likely the MCU version of the Peak.

RokurGepta likes this.
  17. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yes and based on some of the set pics ...

... is a SWORD agent.

RokurGepta likes this.
  18. RokurGepta

Oct 23, 2010
    [face_dancing] I mean, I didn’t think my hype for the MCU could become even more real than it’s already been all along, and then you guys go and tell me stuff like that [face_party]

Any chance we’re getting Abigail Brand? Or am I just getting greedy now?

19. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Dunno about the wishful thinking. But this is the basis for what I mentioned:

You can see the SWORD emblem on her ID badge.

[​IMG]

20. RokurGepta

Oct 23, 2010
    Oh I trust everything you guys posted is true. The “wishful thinking” was specifically about my last question about
    Abigail Brand

21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah I read what you put under the tag I just haven't seen anything about it so far.

22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    [face_rofl]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Trailer tomorrow.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

this will be fun.

an army of flerkens!

starfish, Master_Lok, Sarge and 6 others like this.
  25. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I'm more excited for this than Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. Sucks we have to wait until November, but we'll get to see Kamala and Monica on the big screen. Looks like Brie Larson, Iman Vellani, and Teyonah Parris were havin' a good time. I loved the first movie, and I can't wait for this one.