main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Higher. Further. Faster. Together: Captain Marvel (+ The Marvels)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Coulson! With each new trailer this is looking better and better! Got my tickets for IMAX!

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I'm sure some people will start saying Marvel cut this one specifically to silence all of the critics of the first two trailers but it ended up being pretty consistent with the footage description that came out of the con in Brazil a few weeks back. But this was an improvement over those all the same.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, cool trailer. Doesn't have the same character focus as the first two trailers but does give you a better idea of what the film overall will be like.

Although the trailer opening on the jukebox reminds me too much of the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom teaser trailer that got such heavy play in theaters a year+ ago.

Also, man, every format is getting their own exclusive poster now. Used to be you just got a freebie at the IMAX is you were early enough on opening night.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    This may sound odd but while the focus of the first two trailers was very much on Carol I think they focused, probably too much, on an aspect of her story moreso than Carol as a character. It feels like the marketing hook of both of them was the mystery of her forgotten past. Presenting her as more of a blank slate to reinforce that mystery. I think that's what gave birth to all of the "she has no personality/can't act" criticisms. They were still unwarranted criticisms to draw from a few minutes of footage but I can understand where they came from.

Rew likes this.
  5. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Easy Bob ... a lot of people are looking forward to the movie but it hasn't exactly broken any records yet (though I suspect we'll start seeing those Fandango advertisements posing at news items within the next day or two). I know you're eyeing a presidential run at some point but there's no need to start bloviating like a Trump.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Rew, Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I thought the first trailer was dreadful, the second better, and this "special look" was quite good - trending in the right direction! None of my criticisms were of Brie, moreso of the cheap and sloppy sound editing contrasted with the awe-inspiring visuals.

High expectations for CM.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Kevin Feige at the Golden Globes this week said they were still in post production for Captain Marvel.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Stephen Colbert just gave unexpected advertising for Captain Marvel in his monologue with clips and everything.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Just watched that too, heh. "Sorry, I've been watching the trailer all day."

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Eeeew, Skrulls. :p

11. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    If you're spoiler adverse you may want to avoid the set visit articles that are starting to make the rounds. Some of them have info that some will probably consider a little too far into spoiler territory with implications beyond just Captain Marvel, but for Endgame as well. Unfortunately some articles are putting it in their titles.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    that look was nifty, dug Connection by Elastica in it a bunch. I'm tapping out on trailers, though. getting a wee bit too much being shown cuz they're repeating the big action shots but a lot of the little character moments (basically the Nick Fury / Carol buddy cop movie stuff) is getting shown a lot and I wanna go in fresh for those bits.

13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Are you referring to the articles that mention Captain Marvel is capable of time travel and learning what exactly happened to Nick Fury's eye? If not, what spoilers are you referring to?

14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah

15. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Well the long range tracking came out today.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-captain-marvel/

$140M - $180M is quite a bit higher than I was expecting. My gut feeling (which isn't worth a whole lot) was that it would do well for an MCU intro movie but nothing like the bonkers results of BP. Numbers similar to Ragnarok are what I've been thinking so far. Hopefully it holds.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  16. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    And Djimon Honsou is in both movies.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    New posters - they're large.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    You missed the most important one heels:

[​IMG]

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I had to leave some news for you to break, Bilbo. :p

Bilbo Fett and Master_Lok like this.
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    He does look slightly not cat here.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    looking at the posters with them glancing all off in different directions, Ben Mendelsohn's Skrull and the Cat are the only ones who didn't fall for the "Oh my God! Look over there!!" trick.

23. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017

That's more than a little comic booky and kinda takes me back to my own personal introduction to Carol. For size:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I like that cover a lot: All about the powers.

And, yes, very comic book-like.

25. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017