main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Highlander] Child of the Universe * DDC 2013 * COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Hazel, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Seemed necessary, but just like someone in combat situations, it's still something they have to adjust to emotionally. :(

Hazel likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Off with his head! You need to do a crossover and give her a lightsaber. ;) Nice update!

Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, there is a lot of adjusting necessary. It's definitely not easy being immortal.

Ooh! Be careful with that plot bunny: it would have to involve Highlander 2, placing the planet Zeist somewhere in the Outer Rim. I can see it now :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh wow. But what an awful baptism by fire for Claire here. :( I hate that she had to go through that, but it was really just a matter of time . . . I am interested to see what life throws at her next. =D=

Hazel likes this.
  6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It's sad that she has to go out on her own! She obviously found her own way, but I agree with Mira: What a baptism by fire.

Hazel likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

NYCitygurl likes this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad that Claire found healing and time ... like that phrase/expression: lingered alone =D= Eight years ... [face_thinking] I can just imagine she hadn't realized that much time had passed in the world outside. [face_thinking]

Hazel likes this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Who could resist wolf puppies. [:D] Nice update.

Hazel likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sometimes we all need to get away and balance ourselves. Unfortunately we are not immortal and can't aford to stay away for that long.

I love puppies. I've been thinking of getting one.

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Napoleon was dead set on taking over Europe and his army had reached my little nook of the world.

I love this line. Very powerful! I can't wait for the next post :D

Hazel likes this.
  13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm still trying to figure out where Claire would go from here. I might have to start posting every other week soon. I'm just saying it so yoy girls won't be surprised if that happens.

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    What a chilling, almost cold entry for Claire. :( You are doing a great job showing the ups and downs with an immortal life. I loved the touch of the wolves - it gave the chapter, and Claire, a very human feel. :) The 'punch' of Napoleon's campaign was a place for her to pick up again in time. I am eager to know where this chaotic time takes her.

Another great update! =D=

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Mira_Jade! I wasn't sure about the wolves, but i needed something that would help her heal.

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Awkward! :p Hey...umm...sorry I shot you.

NYCitygurl, Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] Very awkward! I wonder where they're gonna go from there... [face_thinking] ;)

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great post and very thought provoking.

Claire doesn't feel like any/every immortal she meets is a potential or even actual enemy. But she has a gut instinct she's apparently going off of. She felt immediately comforted by Darius whereas the others she met set off red flags. ... Does the guy she shot remember that she did that to him? I figured it would make it very crazymaking psychologically to remember all your various demises. :p Now this would be a very weird crossover: Dr. Who and the Highlanders. [face_laugh]

Hazel likes this.
  20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jade_eyes - at this point, Claire is terrified. She knows she doesn't have the skills to win in a duel and she doesn't want to die (not anymore) . Plus the fact that she spent 8 years without human contact did not help her social skills.
    As for this guy, i was going to introduce another canon character at this point, but now that I've thought about it some more i think I'll turn him into an OC because it will provide me with more liberty with what to do with him and develop a more interesting relationship.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Now THIS is going to be an interesting conversation to follow, that's for sure. :p

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's the beginning of something alright! I'm just not sure what. :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel, Max sounds on the gorgeous side ;) :) That lopsided grin is waaaay too scoundrelly [face_laugh] [face_mischief] because he recognized Claire all along. :D Looking forward to their adventures in America.

Hazel likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Max sounds a little Han Solo-ish. I like it!

Hazel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.