main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Highlander] Child of the Universe * DDC 2013 * COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Hazel, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww I love the introspection! It can't be easy for any of them :( Can Immortals reproduce?

Hazel likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    No, Immortal can't have childreen. All they can do is adopt.

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yes, that was soul searching in a word defined. And I have to agree with Claire here - I can't imagine having such a fleeting affair - or so many of them throughout one's life, like Ben. Although, that may be his own form of coping. Still! Wow. :(

I hope that Claire's waiting pays off - even though I am sad and happy for Max in a bittersweet way. I look forward to her meeting him again. :)

=D=

Hazel likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Mira! They will be meeting again.

As for Ben's stance in the matter, i think his is healthier because he's not afraid to allow himself to love even knowing he'll end up loosing the other person. Then again, he's a LOT older than Claire.

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was an awesome glimpse at Claire's adventures. And wow, we are already hitting modern times! [face_thinking] I can't wait to see what's in store for her next. :)

Hazel likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Wait a second...you mean she is immortal AND she can eat everything and anything without gaining an ounce?! That just doesn't seem fair. Please tell me that she at least suffers from eternal teenage acne. [face_not_talking]

:p

[face_laugh]

Nice update!

Hazel likes this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Mira_Jade - Yeah, i skimmed over the nineteenth century because although it is historically significant, it's not so much for Claire's story. It's just more of the same. Now in the twentieth century everything changes -the world and Claire's life. There is a lot to cover.

Jedi_Lover - Well, immortals don't get infections so ... no. :p [face_laugh]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Claire is soooo lucky. She can eat cheesecake and burgers and home fries/steak fries, fried chicken, chocolate, and never gain a pound. [face_sigh] That's just too marvelous for words, foodie that I am. Hazel, you are giving us such great glimpses of history. Just enough detail but with Claire's unique perspective. =D=

Hazel likes this.
  10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Seriously! :p I second all of this :D

Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] Okay, actually what I meant is something along these lines: 'I can catch a cold, I just can't die from it' (Duncan MacLoud)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent post hitting technical breakthroughs of the early 20th century. =D= That last line: how true that is. :(

Hazel likes this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice! When my sons talk to me I feel like I have lived for centuries. "Mom, do you mean when you were a little kid there were no personal computers, or microwaves, or iPods, or DVR players?!"

I tell them, "That's right! We had a thing called a typewriter, we used an oven to reheat leftovers, we listen to music from a heavy boom box we carried on our shoulder and if we missed a TV program we had to wait for it to rerun later that summer between network seasons!"

Stang! I don't know how I survived my childhood. :(

;) Nice update!

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Jedi_:Lover

Great update, Hazel! Short but sweet :) Doesn'tbode well for the next ...

Hazel likes this.
  16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Nat! And yes, the next entry will not be a joyful one, what with the war and all.

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Amazing update. Glad Claire got to help those she could. She's not as literally devastated by horrible things it seems. I.e., she's strong enough to face them without running away. Sad there's usually only one way to get that way. :(

Hazel likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    The War to End All Wars...yeah right. Right after this is the Spanish Flu epidemic. Now I am hearing that the estimated deaths could have went as high as 100 Million. That was not a good time to be alive. Nice update.

Hazel likes this.
  20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think most of all, I wish it had been the ultimate culmination of human violence - as we would all find out in less than thirty years time, it was just the beginning.

I love this line! And I like seeing Claire's personal growth.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks girls! I wasn't very inspired for that entry and the next few ones will be more along these lines. As I research it I'm finding the first half of the twentieth century to be really depressing history wise, but I fell I need robcover it because it is a growing period for Claire.

Also, I need to take a week off of so the next entry will be in the week next to this one.

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm sure the worst is over...I mean two major tragedies in a decade...what else could possibly happen? Oh yeah, the great depression and WWII.

I'll tell you the people who lived in the early 1900's must have thought it was the end of days.

My Mom once told me her brother would come home during the depression with donated bread from local bakeries. My grandmother thought he might be stealing so she went to the baker to make sure. The baker said, "I gave him the bread. I felt so sorry for him. He told me how his father died of the Spanish Flu." The trouble was my grandfather was alive and well. My uncle was a bit of a flimflam man. o_O

Nice update.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, Claire has seen too much :( I hope that she can find joy again, and I know she'll appreciate even the teensy good, "ordinary" moments. [face_thinking]

Hazel likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oops, double post. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.