main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Highlander The Source/Highlander The Comics

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by darth-sinister, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    If they were wise, they'd be wearing cups even with clothes on. It isn't like your average pair of Levi 501's are going to stop a well-sharpened Katana from slicing off Little Methos.

2. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    That whole horseman of death thing was caused by him loosing 'little methos' relatively early in the game. That was his way of coping with the loss.

3. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Just found this thread!! :eek: :D

I've always loved the Highlander movies (except #2, which was stupid to say the least) and TV show. Adrian Paul is right up there w/Christopher as a lead. [face_love] I'm eagerly awaiting the next movie!

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    New update from Wizard #173, about the first arc in the Highlander comic series.

Written by Michale Avon Oeming (Thor: Blood Oath) and Brandon Jerwa (G.I. Joe) with an as-yet-unnamed artist, Highlander picks up five seconds after the ending of the first film. While hero Connor MacLeod struggles to cope with the absorption of the evil Kurgan's memories, he also has to deal with Kurgan's return! Gabrielle Dell'Otto (Secret War) provides covers for the series, which launches in April with a special 25-cent price.

5. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    Sounds interesting. I take it this comic will attempt to close the gap between the Connor and Duncan universes some more?

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That I am not sure. I know that they've said that it will incorperate stories from the films and the series. But I don't know if this first story arc is set in the first film only continuity or if it's set in the series timeline.

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Arrgh! [face_plain]

Highlander has got more continuity issues than the Ballentine Post RotJ EU novels.

8. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, it's hard not to when you've got two major characters running storylines in movies and tv. It's bound to get continuity's panties in a bunch.

9. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Just before filming, a contest was well to see who could go visit the set of HL5. Some of the photos on page one are from them. Here is their set reports, better late than never.

http://www.highlanderworldwide.com/thesource/ruthreport.shtml

http://www.highlanderworldwide.com/thesource/laurareport.shtml

It's got some information about the film, but it's mostly talking about how the filming went and their experience in Lithuania.

10. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    Cool pics. Cool site period. Looks like a real tight-knit cast and crew.

11. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/Coolwater/review.jpg]

The article from the latest issue of SFX magazine. It contains the story's plot in more detail.

12. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    OK so the plot is they're looking for the original Immortal?

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The plot is that it's within the next ten years. The world is not the same as it used to be. Duncan MacLeod is a man who is wandering the world once again, when he comes across a group of Immortals who had joined together in search of the Source. Something or someone (i.e., the first Immortal) who knows about the Immortals and could provide answers. Legend has it that it's the kind of thing that mankind has searched for throughout the ages. The Spear Of Destiny, the Rosetta Stone, the Fountain Of Youth. Each Immortal has a reason to look for it. Among the group is Duncan's former lover Anna, who has gone off and joined these Immortals for her own reasons. Methos is there for his own reasons, partially though because he's the oldest known Immortal and very knowledgable in the ways of the world. Joe Dawson is also involved as this is a big deal for the Watchers. Duncan is affected by the changing world and wonders if he has made a difference or not. If he can make a difference. Soon Duncan learns that there is an Immortal known as the Guardian, who is pursuing our heroes. He is unlike any other Immortal that has ever been known to exist. Like Jacob Kell, he is not interested in winning the Prize. He kills for his own reasons. Possibly either to protect the Source or for pure pleasure. And Duncan must reassess his life and how he has chosen to fight and how he will continue to fight.

14. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    You sound like a commercial. :p

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    [image=http://users.myexcel.com/metromonte/wayback.jpg]

"Quiet, you."

16. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    Sounds like an interesting arch. I forget, are these movies going straight to DVD or are they going to do the rounds in theatres.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Don't know. It hasn't been announced officially yet. With a budget of $15-16 million, one would assume that it'd be theatrical. LGF wouldn't agree to it if it was going to be just DTV. Course, that's an argument some of the people on the Highlander boards say. It all depends on if LGF wants to risk a theatrical run.

18. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    Hopefully they'll give the first one a chance, and base the theatrical releases of the following chapters on the success of the first one. With the right trailer, I'm sure Highlander can muster up some descent box office figures.

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    This better be shown in the theaters! I've waited a long time for another Highlander movie. From what's been posted here so far it sounds promising. [face_praying] Hope it stays on track.

20. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    As much as I love the TV series and enjoy the movies (yes even Highlander 2 & 3 [face_blush]), I can't say I've ever waited for the release of one of their films. I did go to see part 2 in the theater (twice [face_blush]) and looked forward to End Game's release on DVD when I heard about it. But I can't say I've ever spent time on a fansite waiting to catch every last tidbit of info or a glimpse of a character in costume or something like that.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I did want to go see Endgame in theaters, but finicial difficulties at the time prevented me. By the time I could, it was out of theaters where I live. Course, given that the theatrical cut was all messed up, I guess it was good. Hopefully LGF will be more forgiving regarding a theatrical cut, if it goes to theaters. In terms of content, all four films have been sliced up to varying degrees. With the even numbered films getting the worst of it.

22. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002

I've enjoyed the Highlander movies and TV show for a very long time, so, yeah, I get a bit excited when a new one is coming out. Do I scour the 'net for news on it? No. Nor do I wait for every tidbit available - I reserved that for ROTS. :D

However, Adrian Paul is just one reason to look forward to the movie. Ok, a =P~ reason. I'm not blind, after all. ;)

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Okay, I updated the first page to include the box cover art from the films released on DVD and VHS. The films, both series and all four series into movies. During the run of the series, four 'tv-movies' were made. Episodes of the series complied into a film style release. The first and tenth episodes were done up and billed as "Highander: The Gathering". "Unholy Alliance", "Counterfeit" and "Finale" were altered into a movie back in 97. Each had new opening credits made specifically for each of the trio of films. Each featured scenes from other episodes edited in, to creat a narrative that stood on it's own. UA replaced one flashback for a montage of scenes regarding the character of Xavier St. Cloud. CF had various scenes with Duncan and Tessa Noel, in the second half. "Finale" had intergrated footage from the episode "Methos" into the film's opening credit sequence and the flashbacks inserted into the story proper.

But the more important item, I've gotten two page scans of Methos from the new film.

[image=http://www.actiontattoos.com/highlander/methos-source2.jpg]

[image=http://www.actiontattoos.com/highlander/methos-source.jpg]

24. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Oh good grief, that man is beautiful. [face_love] Thank you sinister!

25. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    The only reason my wife started watching Highlander the Series with me was to see Adrian Paul in his wet sweaters after each quickening. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.