main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Hints of Lucas' initial plan for sequel trilogy revealed - Broken Luke and Rey/Kira

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mercer590, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/george-lucas-sequel-trilogy/

Skywalker training a new disciple named Kira (who was later renamed Rey). The idea was that, 30 years after the fall of the Empire, Luke had gone to a dark place and secluded himself in a Jedi temple on a new planet. The paintings show Luke meditating, reassessing his whole life. There is a jedi killer shown aswell (kylo), and a sith ghost looming over luke while he meditates.(snoke?)

Personally I like that this idea made it to the films. the broken luke is all part of luke's hero journey like in mythology which George pulls a lot from. I still dont like the way he became broken in TLJ and how he kinda just gave up rather then reassessing his life but im starting to like this concept more. Also interesting to note that George was gonna scrap the EU aswell.

Thoughts?

whostheBossk and TKLS like this.
  2. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    It's interesting that broken Luke and Rey were George's idea. There's also art of George's version of Ach-to. Georges version is a lot bigger and looks more like the prequels.

kalzeth likes this.
  3. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually I think broken Luke was still Rian's idea because the concept art of it has a Sith ghost which George was against happening

4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    George would definitely have scraped the EU as well, Clone Wars already proved that. Though it's possible it would have been an partial scrapping/major retconning rather than the clean break we got.

I think broken Luke was at least considered during the concept phase that Lucas was part of. Yes, he's against Sith ghosts but if this is from the early TFA concept art then this was more of an idea phase where they were throwing stuff out there (like the Jedi/Sith hybrid Anakin/Vader ghost)

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    This is being discussed in the ST Released Films forum. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.