main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Hippo!!! Marvel’s Moon Knight [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Master_Lok, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Smart.

She’s very cute, but I’ve been put off by them now because the Maya Lopez bobble head I bought was too top heavy and couldn’t stand up on its own.
    What I would like for Mattel to make a Scarlet Scarab as they have other famous femme characters.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Like the cat that ate the...pigeon by ErinPtah on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------

that's an acronym for what?

I have another one from another re. the same thing* that's a bit more salty about it. That commentor don't seem to found of the whole Catholic Guilt thing, based on some of the posts from this year.
    * from 4 years ago, just so peole know that it's not that new

And I'm not trying to to argue for one or another, just providing links and comments that I think could be of interest

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  3. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    D.I.D. = Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD).

Matt’s Catholic guilt, understood. I appreciate the links.

Just rereading some of the last DD run and was leveled by Chip’s concept of Matt thinking
    He’s not worthy of God’s love and will never go to Heaven.

The irony is Matt’s father did not want Matt to fight but make something of himself (Matt did, he became a lawyer), but still followed in his father’s violent footsteps.

So Marc regretting his choices of falling into violence then following Khonshu, instead of becoming a rabbi like his father is akin to Matt’s journey.

Religion became a thing that both men lean on and molded into their own ideology to compensate for failing their fathers.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Oscar Isaac is a treasure. Such a talented man.

6. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I really enjoyed this series. I suppose part of the reason is it felt less Marvel-like to me. I really hope there's a season 2 because I want to meet the other personalities. It feels like the fun is just getting started, so I hope they don't leave it there.

Konshu is so "evil" lol. He has basically found a way to cheat free will by preying on someone with DID. He protects the travelers of the night but is fine with Jake killing people who work at the hospital during the day. But he waits until people have actually taken an "evil" action before enacting his um vengeance, not to be confused with justice. I found all the gods in this show entertaining because of their seeming nonsense morals/scales, their godly equation of this is simply ineffable!

I really liked how a lot of the action was skipped because another personality took over and thought that was used really well in the series. I can't think of anything I didn't like really, other than the insane asylum/afterlife time stretched a bit too long imo.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah, nice to hear F. Murray Abraham was nominated for his voice work as Khonshu. He and May remain my favorite aspects of the series.

Jedi Merkurian and Thena like this.
  8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    F Murray Abraham

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Scarlet Scarab needs her own show. The gods must answer our prayers! ;)

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  10. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    But
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Thena like this.
  11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Thank goodness he failed [face_relieved]

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Nice try. :p

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  14. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Was thrilled to see this.

nilzo antonio and Thena like this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    If there is a s2, may they let Oscar be as weird as he wants. His satirical, manic weirdos are my favorite characters of his. And if they do that, I’ll tune in.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Jedi Merkurian and oncafar like this.
  17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, hopefully S2 will play up the strengths of Oscar even more but, at the same time, try to address the lesserness of Moon Knight himself. We have a hero that is super interesting outside of the suit. They really need to find a better way to capture and convey that while he's in the suit so that him suiting up actually is more satisfying.

Jedi Merkurian and Rew like this.
  18. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I find him in the suit least interesting really... Although I would be interested if one of his personalities started getting a back door upper hand on Konshu such that he has more autonomy in the relationship, and can actually sort of start being a super hero on his own terms. But admittedly I think one of the reasons I like this show is that he wasn't much of a super hero and Konshu didn't really have morally sound reasoning either (although he was more morally sound than that crocodile goddess obviously) to back Moon Knight as a super hero (Konshu wants a servant to carry out his vengeance, not a super hero in their own right). I've been getting a bit Marvel fatigued, getting tired of super heroes, so OI's character was refreshing in that he didn't feel like a super hero but more like man with a fascinating inner world and fascinating adventurous relationship with an eccentric god just trying to get by in life juggling all his personalities and part of that involves saving the world when necessary as that's part of just trying to get by lol. Even Scarlet Scarab didn't feel like a Marvel super hero, but more like a goddess avatar. I felt this whole story could even take place outside the Marvel universe. It felt original and refreshing in this way.

And I did want to say the hippo did really make the show... without the hippo and the afterlife bit this whole thing would have been less amazing... The hippo is like the whole spirit of it... embodied... and was a wonderful character

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Sarge likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Or just make him an occasional sidekick to the Scarlet Scarab, and/or do monster things with Werewolf By Night. Now, I’d prefer May and Gael to have their own shows over a second season of Moon Knight.

22. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    This can only mean one thing! Season two will give us 15 more minutes of Moon Knight on screen![face_party]