main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Historical Fiction] A SOLDIER'S WIFE

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by PetraKenobi, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    PM LIST:

PROLOGUE

Pain filled my senses, and my leg. I had to have been shot, yet I didn?t hear the bullet. As I collapsed to the floor, my eyes traveled to the stone walls of the Alamo chapel. My ears picked up the sound of firing rifles and guns, the sound of men dying or being killed. Just moments before, I had looked out of the window and had seen Davy Crockett shot and killed in the compound. A tear slipped from my eye as I remembered the man; very honest, yet with witty sayings and good grammar considering his background; a backwoods hunter who had some of the tallest tales I had ever heard told about him. He was a legend, not only among his own people, but of the people of the United States. And he was a man from my own home state of Tennessee who went on to become a Congressman. As I lost consciousness, my thoughts drifted to that of my husband, Almeron Dickinson and my daughter, Angelina Elizabeth. My husband, a Captain in the Texas army, was fighting or, as I dreadfully realized, had fought on top of one of the walls of the Alamo. Where was Angelina? I thought. Perhaps another of the other people hiding with them had care of her. I lost consciousness, and merciful blackness enveloped me.

I've been asked by a mod to close this thread. while this ticks me off, i'm doing it and anyone who reads it and wants to read more, PM me and I can PM you the story little by little. and you can always ask why this ticks me off. I don't mind telling you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.