main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL History Center Exhibition Out of this World: Extraordinary Costumes from Film and Television

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by OCHistoryCenter, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCHistoryCenter

OCHistoryCenter Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2010
    Hey Everyone! My name is Christina and I am with the Orange County Regional History Center in Downtown Orlando. Just wanted to post a thread to let everyone know about our upcoming exhibition called Out of this World: Extraordinary Costumes from Film and Television This exhibition will have costumes from some of the most popular sci-fi, fantasy and adventure movies of all time. Below is some information on the exhibition including a link to our site. So come and check it out and be sure to tell your friends

Thanks!
    Christina

Follow us on -
    Twitter: @historyctr_cfl
    Facebook: History Center

Out of this World: Extraordinary Costumes from Film and Television
    February 6 ? May 16, 2010
    Discover new ways of seeing characters as defined by their costumes in this exhibition featuring more than 40 costumes and objects spanning 60 years from "Star Wars," "Blade Runner," "Terminator 2," "Indiana Jones," "Star Trek," "Ghostbusters II," "Batman," and many more of the most popular films and television shows of all time. Out of this World examines how costume design incorporates color, style, scale, materials, historical traditions, and cultural cues to help performers and audiences engage, in new or accepted ways, with the characters being portrayed. For more information visit thehistorycenter.org

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Thank you so much for posting this, Christina! I think I may have met you at last year's Jim Henson Exhibit opening- I was wearing a jacket with a giant Stormtrooper image on the back. We've also got information about the Out of this World exhibit on our Grand Florida Alliance message boards.

Folks, I highly recommend the ORHC. There are lots of fascinating displays year round and this traveling show looks like it will be especially interesting for genre fans.

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I was able to go to the exhibit and their opening block party on Saturday and can say it was well worth it. My favorite items included the Blade Runner costumes and Alec Guiness's jedi robe from the original Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.