main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth! Moons of Munnipor! - Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (no tags)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Merkurian , Jan 9, 2016.

1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Official Release Date: November 4, 2016; part of Phase Three of the combined Marvel Cinematic Universe

Starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange MD, a neurosurgeon who discovers sorcery and alternate dimensions in the aftermath of an horrific car accident. Also starring Chiwetel Ejiofor as Baron Mordo, and Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One. In as-yet unnamed roles are Rachel McAdams, Michael Stuhlbarg, Scott Adkins, and Mads Mikkelsen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    I've been a Dr. Strange since I was a teenager playing D&D, and I'm geeked that there's finally gonna be a Strange movie. I ain't gonna lie though, in my "dream casting," when this movie was first announced way back, I envisioned Mikkelsen as the Baron Karl Amadeus von Mordo, and so I'm disappointed that the role goes to Ejifor. I'm also concerned that they're calling Mordo an "amalgam character." But apparently Mikkelsen is playing a villain of some sort, and Marvel has yet to (in my opinion) screw up, soooo...

3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I can't believe Bandar Snozzcumber has managed to latch onto the MCU. Is there anything he can't do?

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    So Dr. Strange in November and then Rogue One in December? It's the year of Mads Mikkelsen!

This is probably the furthest limb the MCU has gone out on thus far. Of course, I said that about Guardians of the Galaxy and look how that turned out. This could either be something fresh and different from the spandex and cape thing or a bit too much. Not a huge Balthazar Cucumberpatch fan, but I'm keeping an open mind and I'm actually kinda looking forward to it.

Anyone ever see the made for TV Dr. Strange movie from the 70s?

Definitely gonna check that out before I see this.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How odd that they're remaking a beloved Peter Sellers/Stanley Kubrick production and fitting it into the MCU.

6. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    I wonder if it turns out that either the Eye or the Orb of Agamotto are one of the Infinity Stones?

7. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Also, with Mikkelsen described as being a villainous sorcerer with his own ideas and possible rival order, maybe he's playing Kaluu?

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I know I read something fairly recently to suggest that the Eye was one of the Infinity Stones, but I can't remember where. Maybe a CBR thread?

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'm slowly warming up to this, but it will all depend on Cumberbun convincing me he's Stephen and if they handle the magic right (rather than just the Quantum Mechanics / Physics Feige has been bathering about.)

Visually, I like what I am seeing so... we'll see.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So will Dr. Strange's blood have magical resurrecting powers in this?

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Would be more believable than his last role

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was thrilled when I heard they were finally going to do a Dr. Strange movie. Less so when Bennie got the part, but I've been warming up as pictures of him are being released. The longer hair and facial hair help to cover his weird head.

13. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I wonder if we'll see this guy in the movie:

[​IMG] ?

Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  14. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Some of the concept art involves the Dark Dimension. Could Rachel McAdams be playing the role of Clea?

15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I don't think so, I believe she'll be a point-of-view character to tether Strange to the real world. I think Clea would be a much more interesting way to go, however.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Didn't they already say Night Nurse?

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    She's a fellow surgeon from what I read. Someone from his past as a doctor not unlike the doctor that was in the animated Doctor Strange movie several years ago.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    There was a Strange comic that teased his origins -I think the New Avengers Annual- from the summer of 2014 with Marco Rudy doing the art in which Stephen was working with a woman who was another Doctor at their hospital.) So perhaps they're using that story as a basis for Rachel's character?

and I love that they nailed the sanctum sanctorium window for the film. Looking forward to seeing that set / etc. in full.

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    If there's a sequel, I'd love to see the Silver Dagger/Death story arc. That, or Hippocratic Oath.

20. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    If you're eager to see something Dr. Strange-ish to tide you over until the film comes out, there's always this:

starring Jeffery Combs (Dr. Herbert West from the Re-Animator films) as the kinda-but-not-sorta Sorcerer Supreme!

(Funny story: Full Moon Entertainment did have the film rights from Marvel to make a Dr. Strange movie, but when they lost them, they just made Dr. Mordrid instead, from what they had planned for the movie. I remember watching this on Cinemax years ago, thinking ,"This is so very much a Dr. Strange movie!", little realizing how kind of right I was. It is Dr. Strange, with the serial numbers filed off.)

21. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Could that casting be anymore Wong?

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

I utterly forgot, but I have seen this movie was a was a young one.

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Congrats to BW (I don't know who he is... but I'm sure he'll be just fine.)

Double the eggs Benedict. :p

Sorry...I'm hungry and will show myself the door which I hope won't lead into the Dark Dimension.

25. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Re: Benedict Wong playing Wong. At least they didn't cast Emma Stone. Because if he's a Wong, he don't wanna be white.

I still haven't watched it (plan to before the new one comes out), but I listened to a review of it on the Now Playing podcast. Sounds trippy.