main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth! Moons of Munnipor! - Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (no tags)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Merkurian , Jan 9, 2016.

1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I saw the movie again after work. And I must say...

I noticed a few moments during which Wanda isn't comfortable with what she's doing. First, when she's torturing the sorcerers behind Wong, and, second, when she has decided to kill Wong. I already noticed that she was trying to hide that she knew deep down that America was right that she would remember killing her and be remorseful about it. It goes to show what a talented actor Elizabeth Olsen is. Benedict Cumberbatch is really good at acting with his eyes, as well. Lots of subtle acting in this film. Rachael McAdams did a good job with this understated expression on her face after Stephen said to her, "Don't let anybody hurt that kid." It seems her Christine was surprised that a Dr. Strange would care about anyone else besides himself.

And can we talk about how the Darkhold turned Wanda into a demonic helicopter mom? When Wong was questioning her choice to kill America, she said, "For Billy and Tommy, to protect them. What if they get sick? In the multiverse, there is a cure for every illness." What a concept.

I gotta admit that those trailers and TV spots really fooled me. I thought that Zombie Strange was going to be this demonic, horrifying force of nature. Well, he was for Wanda, but not for America or the audience. Ha ha. And when we first saw the Wanda variant with our Wanda on the floor, I was like, "What is going on here? Why is she on the floor?" Those TV spots led me to believe that Wanda variant would be the evil Wanda. But she turned out to be far more emotionally stable and empathetic. In the end, our Wanda was ashamed and crippled by the realization of all the horrible things she had done throughout the course of this film. Yet the irony is that I'm getting a poster of her from the end of WandaVision, the film poster for this movie, and a Scarlet Witch dress. Maybe I can wear it for Halloween or something. It's similar to my Ahsoka Tano dresses.

I just wonder what kind of incursion Stephen caused and where it is occurring.

2. Dr Silva

Dr Silva Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 23, 2021
    What if an evil Thor returns from the multiverse who the heck can stop him lol, thats the pandoras box theyve opened with all the multiverse stuff lol

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Never mind evil Thors or Darkhold-wielding Thanoses... with "dreamwalking" a thing now, let's see Nightmare. :cool:

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I believe the Illuminati said the incursion caused by 838 Strange caused the destruction of an entire universe, killing trillions.

5. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I believe what Satele is referring to there is actually the incursion that 616 Strange caused, as referenced by Clea in the mid-credits scene.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No. The Illuminati specifically say that 838 Strange confessed to causing the destruction of an entire universe because of his incursions.

7. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    And then, during the mid-credits scene, Clea refers to a different incursion caused by 616 Strange. Presumably one caused when he used the Darkhold to dreamwalk in Defender Strange's corpse, I guess.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Well when it comes
    to the incursion Clea speaks of, it could be anything occurring at any time during SMNWH, MOM, or a combination of both. Until more information is given we're just guessing.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right.

WONG: "That spell travels the dark boarders between known and unknown reality."

I think Clea's warning ties back to that and using Defender's body.

Jedi Merkurian and Thena like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think no matter what thread you post in we disagree lol.

11. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I know about that one. It's probably the one we saw in Sinister Strange's universe. I'm talking about the one that Clea mentions at the end of the film to our Stephen.

Thena likes this.
  12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  13. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    If a variant of Loki could be an alligator or crocodile, why can't a variant of Doctor Strange be a cat? :p

14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  15. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013

You know what's funny, though? I actually think Mount would make a pretty solid Reed Richards. [face_laugh]

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Bet he was dying to say something

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    i think this idea is older. Hell, Loom was a magic music game and that was in the 80's.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah "Music Note Fighting" has been a thing before but a lot of the shots in the teaser are very similar to the music note flashy explodey fight scene in the film.

20. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Just looking at this thread title again, and I really hope that at some point before his tenure as Doctor Strange is over, we get to hear Benedict Cumberbatch yell "By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!"

21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    STRANGE: Are you happy?
    WONG: Of course I'm not Happy. Happy's over at Stark, remember? I am Wong, I'm the Sorcerer Supreme. You really must have knocked your head hard while you were dreamwalking!

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    That’s the one thing I miss in his Strange. I love those spells.

bstnsx704 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Here's some more footage though:

24. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

I can see why Elizabeth Olsen said Xochitl Gomez has so much energy.

Juliet316 and Thena like this.
  25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I love Xochitl - hope she has a long career ahead of her