main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Hobbit Appreciation Day - Two Towers viewing, Jan 18th ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    You?ve seen it once. You?ve seen it twice. Ah who?re we kidding, you?ve seen it a half dozen times. But strap your swords on, pack your bags and bring a fishy for gollum ?cuz we?re off to see it again.

January 18th, we?re having a FanForce movie night to see Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers ? and absolutely everyone is invited. Bring your friends. Bring your folks. Bring strangers you bumped into on the subway. The more the merrier.

The PlanTM is as follows:

We will be gathering at our Episode II lineup theatre, the Grande at Yonge&Sheppard. We'll meet inside the centre, down in the food court at 3:30p.m. and watch the first available matinee showing of LotR:TT.

After the movie, we?ll likely head out for some food. As those of you who lined up know, establishments that are half-decent and can accomodate us all are not easy to come by in that neck of the woods. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for after-film munchies, now's the time to bring it up.

So the nitty gritty details:
    Where: food court, Yonge & Sheppard Centre
    When: 3:30pm, Saturday January 18th. Watch first showing of Two Towers to come along.
    Food: Catch nice juicy fish and eat it live and raw without any nasty taters. Or find a nice place to eat that can accomodate our group. Whichever is most convenient.
    See you all there.

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Sounds like fun.

I wonder if Duker Duck will finally get it in gear and see the flick...

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    i got no money but id love to go, ill see what i will come up with

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    ditto for me. I hope I can make it!

5. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Can I afford a fourht veiwing??? I would appreciate a fourth veiwing, but I don't know about the funds.

6. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I think I might have to work that day...doh!

7. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm in. I'll bring the mystery sweater along and see if it belongs to anyone.

8. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm in! I still need to see TTT about 30 more times before it leaves theatres.

Sabrina

9. bacardijedi

bacardijedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Hi you guys,

Unfortunately, I can't make it. You see, I have a big teaching job in a little place called St. Maarten, which is a hot island south of the Dominican Republic. I'm leaving on the 18th, unless I chicken out, which I feel like doing every day. Anyway, I propose we have a gathering there-the most expensive movie night ever! Really, I'm going to miss everyone, and going out for movie nights and stuff. I'll be back in June when school ends. I'll e-mail or PM you guys with my address when I have it so you'll all know where to show up. Meantime, have a great time on Saturday! Have a good winter and spring. And come see me whenever you want! I might call someone's cell on Saturday if I can. That would be fun.

10. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm in :)

As for St. Maarten... I would be so in for that (if I miraculously received a large amount of funds by the tooth fairy or something). That's sooo cool, have a great time there (and remember us huddled up here in freezing cold Canada)

-Glenn

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Glenn, you MUST stay out of the light, when dealing with her! Nasty and tricksy she is. She'll probably have to sell some of those teeth on Ebay or something...probably making a tidy profit from it.

12. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Hummm. . . . Duker hasn't seen it yet? I will be in TO that day, I wonder . .

AMi

13. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Indeed, Duker hasn`t seen it yet. I think he`s holding out to see it with his dad; A Rings fan before any of us were born.

Apparently your scheduled for character creation, or so Duker is planing...

;)

14. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Oh yes, but I think there may be some time when we could go see a short3hourmovie. . :D

I will have to talk to our boy Duker, I can't believe he hasn't seen it yet, I saw it opening night at midnight! My first midnight showing! :D

AMi

15. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Yeah its all up in the air, its a coin toss wether we drag you to our frined Kyles, the theatre or stay in Dukers area.

Between you and me, I`d love to see the movie for the fifth time and then chill out with dinner with the long line hommies.

But Duker is set on making you an arcane archer...

So;

Here`s the plan. We both convince him to forego the game till after the movie, then we`ll roll up your elf...

16. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    That's what I'm thinking, I think I have the money for the movie, possibly not for dinner, and I'm spending the night in TO, so it doesn't matter how long the game goes into the night.

:D A forth time would be a dream!

AMi

17. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Good...good....I foresee this weekend will work. I`m looking forward to creating your character...in time, you will call me...Game Master....

:p

18. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    i forgo the master and call him miester, anyways i have only seen ttt once, wouldnt mind seein it again though, then if u guys are rp'n i wouldnt mind hangin with yas

19. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    We still have you dwarf character Dan, come on down.

20. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Elves are the way to go! ;) Game master? Humm, I wonder what Duker would have to say to that. . :p

AMi

21. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Amidala Wannabe;

"Your gravely mistaken. You'll not addict me as you have my friends."

Darth Digital;

"Oh no my young player character. You will find it is you who are mistaken. About a great many things."

Duker Duck;

"Her roll of D20 dice..."

Darth Digital;

"Ah yes, a role-players weapon. By know you must know your friends can never be turned from the power of the RPG. So will it be with you."

:p

22. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Anyone else going to be able to make it on the 18th? Any lurkers, it could be a good opportunity to meet up with fellow fans.

23. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    I can come, yet I don't know anyone, and this is, hmmm, my third post.

24. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    I may come to the movie but not the dinner...I'm low on funds...curse OSAP and their reassessments :p

25. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    See, I have enough funds to attend, yet I don't know many of you. Well now I've left about a million and one messages, so I think I can withdraw that statment. hmm.. we will see.
    And about dinner, well, Sheppard centre has a wonderful food court, yet I eat there everyday for lunch, hmmm then again mabye not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.