main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Hobby Time] Escape Rooms

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Mar 15, 2020.

1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    So for my past birthday when my mom and brother took me to an escape room. It being the first we ever did, we failed pretty badly.

Since then me and my brother have done two more, and we are going to do our fourth one tonight.

The first was a WW2 code breaker themed room. Probably the hardest room we have done. One day we will return to beat it.

Next was a gold mine theme at the The Escape Game near the Braves stadium, which being our second room we asked for plenty of hints. We passed the room with literally a minute left. They did give us a few extra minutes because something was broken that wasn't our fault so they had to fix it. Plus we got a free badge that reminds me of a pokemon gym badge so that's what I consider it. Only for escape rooms.

The third we took a friend, and we had a family assigned with us to a room that was a murder mystery on a train called the Murder Express. This one at Project Escape Atlanta. We finished with with about 25 minutes left, almost beating the record. I'd say it was the easiest room of the three, but of course having more people helped.

Tonight we are returning to the same place but to do a Medival themed room.

So yeah, once a month we are doing this, so it's become a hobby now. Have you done any escape rooms and how was it?

2. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Well we failed the room. Close to beating it but oh well. Like an Indiana Jones room trying to find the grail. Really hard with two people but it is doable.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I did some art heist one a year or so ago with some friends. We failed but were actively solving the last puzzle when we ran out of time. The clues were not necessarily very helpful because the monitors weren't paying the best attention to what we had already figured out or not. Regardless, I'll say the following as summary comments.

1. These are reasonably fun. I could see you doing them with family members and having a good experience.
    2. It is an absolutely terrible idea to run around with a bunch of people in tight quarters in an infrequently cleaned area in the middle of a pandemic. Why on earth would you do this now? Please wait 6 months to a year.

4. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    There’s gonna be a lot of people doing escape rooms out of their own houses when this self-isolation phase finally passes, trying to navigate through mounds of pizza boxes and juice bottles and of course stockpiled toilet paper

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  5. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    @Jabba-wocky it was only me and my brother. And this particular place I get emails on their sanitation procedures and everything which, irregardless of pandemic, is a good thing to do anyway

6. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Things have opened back up, but with a lot of restrictions. We're heading to do one tonight. I'll post our results later

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh please, don’t trouble yourself.

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Nothing screams sensible move like being locked in a small room with a load of people attempting to escape it within a time limit whilst running into each other and climbing through small tunnels.

You may win but everyone else loses

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What the ****?

10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The best part about escape rooms is that tons of people aren’t in a closed spaces running their filthy fingers over everything.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  11. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    They're doing delivery escape rooms to homes round our way. 70 quid and you get to try and escape from your living room. We were thinking about doing it for my daughter's birthday in a few days but I think I might just set up an old fashioned treasure hunt that involves friends and family.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

Just make a fort

[​IMG]

Loads of fun, I wish my kids still did it.

The escape room kicks in when it inevitably collapses and smothers you

13. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Okay back. But tight rules are in place for everything. All the employees wear masks and gloves, and stay 6 feet away from you, plastic barrier, etc. Only private rooms, which means usually you can get random people in your group to be in the room as well, but now it's only with the people you signed up with, and it was just me and my brother. Also extra time to set up in between sessions for cleaning everything. Like we had to wait outside the building in the rain till they sanitized the area where the group was just sitting down on the bench before us. They wouldn't let us in till they did.

So again we attended the Escape Game place at the Braves stadium. Previously we did Gold Rush there and passed with like a minute and fifteen seconds left or so? Well this time we did The Heist. Again they asked if we wanted a lot of hints which we did...and we barely passed with 30 seconds. So I got my second badge from there which reminds me of a pokemon gym badge for some reason. 3 more rooms there to beat till we get all 5.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Did they make the Georgia black man escape from deranged white people room yet?

15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  16. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Well with the gift cards we had we tried the Enigma room once again.

And we failed. Again.

We were right at the answer though to leave the room. We just got stuck on codes for locks. That's what killed us. So, third time will be the charm hopefully

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    After that are you aiming for the intubation challenge?

It looks like you are.

Thats not a challenge you want to fail though

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  18. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Uh no. This place the guy never showed up. He stayed behind the camera to talk to us remotely. Plus we had to wear gloves.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is this an escape room or a sex cam?

heels1785 , FatBurt and Darth Punk like this.
  20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Gloves are pointless if you pick your nose with them on and touch everything.

21. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    So today we're going to try for our third pokemon gym badge, aka escape room badge, at the place near the stadium. The Special Ops one this time.

22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Gotta catch em’ all

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    FatBurt likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Please please please just make fake commercials instead, Arlol.

24. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    If I had the equipment and computer I could. If we have our own escape business in the future I will

25. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    We passed. Barely. With 7 seconds left. We got behind by a couple puzzles we had to do that were complicated.

But let me tell you, I loved this room. Easily my favorite now, and it's my proudest badge I've earned. I even got a shirt.

But seriously, check this one out if you're ever there.