main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Holy Force, Batman!" Crossover/AU, JA, H/C, Qui/Obi-angst (2008 Winner Best Crossover!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by p_stotts, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Oh, I cannot believe our perfect padawan and oh so clean Obi-Wan
    has fallen into a pile of do-do[face_laugh]

Most information about star wars is in wikipedia it is an interesting site and I get a lot of good ideas for stories from there.

2. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks! I corrected the spelling. Oh, and hey, congrats, Gkilkenny! You got the 100th post! =D=

3. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    This is a short chapter, but since it's finished, I'm going to post it tonight -- and yes, it's a cliffhanger. So sue me. ;) There'll be more tomorrow. Promise.

Chapter 14 ? Who Rescues the Rescuer?

Oh, Force! I can?t breathe. His training gave him the ability to hold his breath far longer than most individuals, but even a Jedi had his limits. A pair of strong arms slipped underneath him from behind and lifted his head and shoulders out of the muck, then eased him to rest against a pair of muscular thighs. Pain shot through his torso at the movement. Some of the excrement-ridden water got into his mouth. He coughed and sputtered, causing more pain to rip through him. His body couldn?t decide whether to scream out in agony or toss up the remains of his last meal. In the end, it did both.

?If I didn?t smell so bad already, I?d probably be upset about your puking all over me again,? a voice above him said.

?Robin,? Obi-Wan croaked out in a voice barely above a whisper. ?You? okay?? He looked up, but couldn?t see more than a shadowed silhouette in the dark, even with Force-enhanced vision.

There was a long pause. ?How do you do that??

?Do what?? Obi-Wan turned his head to the side and spit more gunk out of his mouth. Pain spiked through his chest and he groaned.

?Try to stay still,? Robin said. ?I?ve got you.? After a moment, he added, ?Don?t take this the wrong way, but it feels kind of nice to know you?re not all that perfect. Although?,? he paused a second, ??you did get hurt saving my life. Damn! You are perfect! How do you do that??

?I?m not so perfect.? A thought suddenly occurred to him, and he chuckled, then winced at the pain caused by the movement.

?What?s so funny?? Robin asked.

?I just thought about how my epitaph would read if I die here.?

?What??

?Obi-Wan Kenobi; senior Jedi padawan; age 19; apprenticed to the legendary Master Qui-Gon Jinn; winner of the padawan saber competition five years in a row; decorated for bravery seven times?? He snorted. ??drowned in six inches of human excrement.?

Robin bent down and leaned his forehead against Obi-Wan?s, his shoulders shaking with suppressed laughter. ?I? I see what you mean.?

Pain spiked through Qui-Gon?s legs and torso. He grabbed his chest and hunched forward. ?Obi-Wan.?

A light touch on his arm sent relaxing warmth flowing through him. He drew in a deep breath and straightened up. ?Thank you, Master.?

?Hurt your padawan is??

Qui-Gon nodded. ?I believe so, but he is alive.?

Yoda pointed at the viewscreen to a waterfront area populated by large, rundown structures. ?There.? A small water speeder bobbed up and down on the currents next to a wooden walkway that jutted out over the water. One human male sat behind the controls.

Qui-Gon steered the transport to land by the water?s edge. ?There?s no time to waste. We have no choice but to reveal ourselves to one of the locals. I just hope he?s the only one who sees us.?

He kept the cloaking mode engaged, but couldn?t mask the noise made by their landing. Quickly powering down the engines, Qui-Gon grabbed a med-pac and opened the hatch. Yoda hobbled behind him until the two stood at the edge of the wooden walkway, looking down at the small water speeder.

A white-haired elderly gentleman looked up at them and said in a calm voice, ?Are you looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi??

Qui-Gon rarely felt surprised at anything, but this took him back a moment. The Force gave him no warning, so he answered in just as calm a tone, ?Yes, we are. Would you happen to know where he is??

The old man pointed beneath the walkway. Qui-Gon spotted a ladder and climbed down until he was even with the opening a large drainage pipe. He got one whiff of the air coming from the pipe and grimaced, then looked at the old man. ?Sewage??

?I?m afraid so, sir.?

With a sigh, Qui-Gon looked up at Yoda, who had his eyes closed and was humming softly to himself.

?My goodness,? the old man said with just a hin

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Holy bat-Force that was some epitaph Obi thought up. I have to admit I was loathe to click on this cross-over as good cross-overs are hard to find.

I found one.

I must admit Batman will always be Adam West and the 60's TV show to me. Always, so occasionally the characters seem a bit different - but of course the movie Batman is nothing like the 60's one.

I love the way you integrate Obi-Wan into the world of crime-fighters-extraordinaire - and of course, who's on top? Our Jedi.

Qui to the rescue!

5. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Welcome Valairy! Glad you're enjoying the story so far. So you're a product of the 60s too, hmm? I must admit, I am most partial to Batman Begins and am looking forward to the newest one coming out this summer. But all the versions are fun to watch. Tune in tomorrow for more Bat fun! Same Bat channel... same Bat...er, well, maybe not the same time, but tune in tomorrow anyway. ;)

6. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Oooh. Poor Obi Wan!!!!! His master has to get there FAST! At least Robin is there trying to keep him awake.. Imagine if Robin wasn't there and he did die like the epitaph he made up said. :/ Yuck.

I can't wait for the next chapter!

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ahah! I'm glad I clicked back on this for some reason, and got two posts in one day! [face_dancing]

?If I didn?t smell so bad already, I?d probably be upset about your puking all over me again,? a voice above him said. [face_sick] Ah, poor Robin! :p

?Try to stay still,? Robin said. ?I?ve got you.? After a moment, he added, ?Don?t take this the wrong way, but it feels kind of nice to know you?re not all that perfect. Although?,? he paused a second, ??you did get hurt saving my life. Damn! You are perfect! How do you do that?? [face_laugh]

?Obi-Wan Kenobi; senior Jedi padawan; age 19; apprenticed to the legendary Master Qui-Gon Jinn; winner of the padawan saber competition five years in a row; decorated for bravery seven times?? He snorted. ??drowned in six inches of human excrement.? [face_laugh] Oh dear, I hope it doesn't come to that! :p

A white-haired elderly gentleman looked up at them and said in a calm voice, ?Are you looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi??

Qui-Gon rarely felt surprised at anything, but this took him back a moment. The Force gave him no warning, so he answered in just as calm a tone, ?Yes, we are. Would you happen to know where he is??
    :D What a perfect way to introduce the Jedi to Alfred. [face_love]

With a sigh, Qui-Gon looked up at Yoda, who had his eyes closed and was humming softly to himself.

?My goodness,? the old man said with just a hint of startlement.

Yoda opened his eyes and looked at the man. ?Yoda, I am. Help me you must.? He levitated himself down into the water speeder. ?Find Obi-Wan?s attacker we will.? He looked at Qui-Gon. ?Find you padawan you must. In need of help he is.?
    [face_laugh] Even the sight of Yoda barely ruffled Alfred, I love it! And now he and Yoda are going after Two-Face together, woohoo! [face_dancing] I can't wait for Alfred to see Yoda in action! :D

?Yes? sorry. Was talking with Master Qui-Gon. Uh? he says?? A loud buzzing started in his ears. The tunnel grew even darker.

?Stay with me, Obi-Wan!? Robin chaffed his hands over Obi-Wan?s neck and cheeks. ?Hold on! You don?t really want that epitaph, now do you? Obi-Wan! Say something!?
    :eek: Oh no! Hurry Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan needs you! [face_worried]

I can't wait to read more tomorrow, of course. :D

8. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    *gasp* Earth is being invaded by aliens! Not really.

Qui-Gon and Yoda are heading to help Obi-Wan. Yes!

How will Dick feel about Obi-Wan after he saved his life?

Won't Bruce be surprised to meet Qui-Gon and Yoda!

*must resit urge to sing 'Yoda'*

I'm not sure how far back Batman goes on the big screen but his comics go back to at least the 1930a.

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

I'm going to post it tonight -- and yes, it's a cliffhanger. So sue me. All your updates are cliffhangers[face_laugh] and my nails are getting shorter now that Obi is injured.

Bamm! Zapp! Oh no Obi-Wan's been zapped.

Qui-Gon to the rescue, hurry up I sense Obi is in a bad way if he is talking
    epitaph's[face_worried]

100 posts its a good story.:cool:

10. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I was expecting Zucco, but then I remember that the movie is different from the comics. Uh-oh, Obi's in trouble. That boy is a magnet for it. Great job.

11. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ?Obi-Wan?? Robin said in a louder, concerned voice. ?You still with me??

?Yes? sorry. Was talking with Master Qui-Gon. Uh? he says?? A loud buzzing started in his ears. The tunnel grew even darker.

?Stay with me, Obi-Wan!? Robin chaffed his hands over Obi-Wan?s neck and cheeks. ?Hold on! You don?t really want that epitaph, now do you? Obi-Wan! Say something!?

:eek: They're so close to helping him.

Evil authors and cliff hangers go hand in hand. :D

12. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Bwahahaha! [face_skull] I'd better get to writing. Been so busy all day, I haven't had time to even look at the next chapter. I'll be at a workshop tomorrow and Thursday so, sorry, no posts then. I'll try my best to get chp 15 done today.

13. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    This chapter is a bit short, but I didn't have a whole lot of time to write today. As I said before, I probably won't be able to post again until Friday. Until then, enjoy!

Chapter 15 ? All Together Now

?Come on, man! Don?t do this!? Robin shouted.

Obi-Wan coughed and drew in a ragged breath.

Robin blew out a sigh of relief. ?You scared me there for a minute.? Splashing footsteps echoed behind them ? heavy splashing footsteps. Robin turned his head, but couldn?t see a thing in the darkened tunnel. ?Batman?? No answer. ?This just keeps getting better and better.? He wanted to stand and face whoever was coming, but if he let go of Obi-Wan, the other man would drown. ?I just hope Two-Face didn't decide to come back and finish the job. Whoever said, 'I?d rather die on my feet than live on my knees' obviously never encountered this situation.?

Whoever was coming, rounded the last curve in the tunnel. A flash of green ignited their surroundings just long enough for Robin to get a glimpse of a large man in a cloak, with shoulder-length dark hair and a beard. ?Who the hell are you?? He really needed to work on that diplomacy thing.

He heard more than saw the man kneel down in the muck beside them. ?Funny, I was just about to ask you the same thing,? a cultured voice spoke in the dark.

?Man, talk about déjà vu.? Robin shook his head. ?You?ve got to be Obi-Wan?s master.?

?I am.? The green light flared to life again. It looked like some type of colored laser sword. Robin recognized the hilt as something similar to what hung from Obi-Wan?s belt. ?Here.? He handed the weapon to Robin. ?Hold it straight up just like this.? The man placed his hands on either side of Obi-Wan?s face and closed his eyes.

Robin looked at the slabs of concrete piled on top Obi-Wan?s legs and lower torso. He winced in sympathy. By the looks of it, his right hand had been crushed as well. ?This should have been me, but he pushed me out of the way.?

?That sounds like something Obi-Wan would do.? The older man opened his eyes and looked at him. ?He?s unconscious and has lost a great deal of blood.? He shrugged out of a canvas pack and placed it behind them, near the tunnel wall where it would stay dry. ?I?m going to ease him into a healing trance, so he won?t feel the pain when I shift this debris. Just keep supporting his head and shoulders like that.?

?Okay.? Robin?s communicator beeped in his ear. With all that had happened, he?d completely forgotten he had the thing with him. He tapped the device. ?That you, Batman??

?Robin! Are you all right? Where are you? Your tracking device isn?t functioning.?

?Yeah, I?m fine. I followed Two-Face to a sewage tunnel that comes out under pier 19. He threw a hand grenade that caused the tunnel to collapse. He got away, and Obi-Wan is hurt pretty bad. You better alert Doc.?

?Batgirl and I are at the tunnel?s entrance now. What?s Obi-Wan doing with you? And how bad is he??

?I don?t know where he came from. He just showed up behind me and pulled me away from the grenade. It exploded and brought down half the tunnel on top of him. His master?s here with us now and trying to help him.?

?Ar you sure he's Obi-Wan's master?"

Robin recalled the greeting he and Qui-Gon had just exchanged. "Yeah, I'm sure."

"We?re at a tee in the tunnel??

?Turn right. We?re just around the bend.?

A light shown from around the curve, followed shortly by Batman and Batgirl.

?Obi-Wan!? Batgirl gasped. She knelt down beside Robin, while Batman knelt opposite Obi-Wan?s master.

The master straightened up from his bent-over position and glanced at the new arrivals. ?I?m Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan?s master.? He took his weapon back from Robin. The green laser retracted back into the hilt before Qui-Gon hooked it back onto his belt. He then turned and grabbed the canvas pack, handing it to Batgirl. ?Would you hold this, please?? He opened it and pulled out what looked like a syringe of some type, only without a needle. ?I?m going to g

14. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Thank goodness that Qui-Gon came in time. Poor Obi-Wan. He's such a martyr.

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    ?Who the hell are you?? He really needed to work on that diplomacy thing.

He heard more than saw the man kneel down in the muck beside them. ?Funny, I was just about to ask you the same thing,? a cultured voice spoke in the dark.

?Man, talk about déjà vu.? Robin shook his head. ?You?ve got to be Obi-Wan?s master.?
    [face_laugh]

Robin walked beside Qui-Gon, keeping an eye on Obi-Wan.

The Jedi master glanced at him and smiled. ?You and Obi-Wan have become friends. I sense how worried you are about him.?

Robin started to rub the back of his head, but stopped just in time when he remembered what coated his hand. ?Yeah, well, I didn?t exactly act like much of a friend until this happened. To tell you the truth, I was kind of jealous of him.? He snorted. ?He seems so perfectly in control of himself, even when he?s hurt like this.?

Qui-Gon nodded. ?You are not the first to have that misconception. My padawan has his faults, like anyone else.? A small grin teased his lips. ?He hides them well.? He glanced down at the unconscious man in his arms. ?Sometimes too well.?
    [face_love] That's our Obi. And I'm glad Dick finally came around, I don't think anyone can dislike Obi for long. [face_love]

Robin turned to find Alfred strolling onto the pier ahead of a disheveled-looking Two-Face, his hands handcuffed behind his back. Beside Two-Face floated a small, green, gnome-looking creature with long ears and tufts of white hair sticking out all over his head. He was dressed similarly to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, right down to a miniature laser sword on his belt. "Scratch that," Robin said. "They do have a few surprises left." [face_laugh]

I'm excited to see Yoda in action! :D But I'm also worried about poor Obi, I hope he's going to be okay! [face_worried]

16. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Gotham's newest superhero: Yoda

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The Jedi master glanced at him and smiled. ?You and Obi-Wan have become friends. I sense how worried you are about him.?

Robin started to rub the back of his head, but stopped just in time when he remembered what coated his hand. ?Yeah, well, I didn?t exactly act like much of a friend until this happened. To tell you the truth, I was kind of jealous of him.? He snorted. ?He seems so perfectly in control of himself, even when he?s hurt like this.?

Qui-Gon nodded. ?You are not the first to have that misconception. My padawan has his faults, like anyone else.? A small grin teased his lips. ?He hides them well.? He glanced down at the unconscious man in his arms. ?Sometimes too well.?

:eek: Do dish, Qui.

=D= Aw, right, Robin/Dick - you're man enough to admit it.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, another great chapter and now Yoda in action.
    I hope Obi-Wan will be safe but with Qui-Gon around he should.

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Scratch that," Robin said. "They do have a few surprises left Either he is learning how to control his emotions or nothing is going to shock him anymore. I loved Alfred's reaction (or lack thereof) to Yoda- it was so...Alfred.

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    It is nice to know that Qui-Gon knows his padawan very well.[face_love]

Alfred is such a gem I have always liked him.:cool:

Another great post=D=

21. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Hi all! I'm baaack! I'm working on the next chapter and will post sometime today, so check back.

22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I can't believe I missed an update!:eek:

I feel a little sorry for Bruce since he will be dealing with three people that can and will do strange things.

Yoda caught Two Face??[face_laugh] *imatates Yoda's voice* How embarrassing, how embarrassing!

Can't wait for their fight!

Robin's reaction to Yoda was priceless.:eek: :confused: :eek:

23. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm glad Qui-Gon got there in time to help Obi-Wan, even if he's not quite out of danger yet.

I liked Robin's reaction to Yoda. [face_laugh] Seems the Jedi are keeping them all on their toes!

More please! :D

24. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Okay! All caught up now! These are great-- I can't see what happens next!

25. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Okay, here's what you've all been waiting for. Enjoy!

Chapter 16 ? David vs. Goliath

Alfred guided the speedboat in silence, following the dock line. Yoda sat in the passenger seat, eyes closed, humming softly to himself and speaking only to give directions. The irony of an alien giving directions to a local wasn?t lost on him.

?Your name,? Yoda said in his high-pitched, gravely voice, ?what is it??

The questioned startled Alfred, although years of training and discipline kept the emotion from his expression. ?My name is Alfred, sir.?

Yoda nodded. ?Related to Obi-Wan how, are you??

?Related? I am in no way related to Master Obi-Wan. I am Master Way? er, Master Batman?s butler and head houseman.?

?Empathic, you are.?

?I beg your pardon, sir?? Alfred?s stomach flip-flopped. What was it with this creature that made everything suddenly seem out-of-balance? He had never slipped up on Master Wayne?s alias like that before.

Yoda glanced at the passing warehouses, then turned his gaze to Alfred. ?Sense the emotions of others you do.?

That statement took him aback. Yes, he?d always had a keen sense of people. Even as a boy he could tell when someone lied to him. He thought of Master Wayne ? a true representation of the phrase, ?Still waters run deep,? so much strength hidden just below a calm surface. Master Dick resembled a thoroughbred racehorse at the gate ? spirited, nervous, emotional ? all that restrained power compacted into one body, just waiting to burst out. Then there was Barbara ? beautiful and delicate-looking, sleek, sharp? and as deadly and precise as a Samurai sword in the hands of a master. He refocused his attention on Yoda. Never in his life had he sensed such peace and serenity in an individual. ?I see what you mean, sir.?

?Trusted Obi-Wan immediately, you did??

Alfred smiled. ?I suppose I did. Master Batman, however, was quite skeptical at first, but he came around. Mistress Batgirl took to him immediately after an initial rocky introduction. Master Robin, however? has a rather brash personality. I believe he did nearly everything possible to alienate Master Obi-Wan. Master Obi-Wan, however, never took the rebuffs personally. I believe he was at first perplexed by Master Robin?s attitude, but he never seemed bothered by it.? Alfred frowned. Now why had he said all that? He?d never spoken so openly about his family before, not to anyone.

?Betray your trust, I would not,? Yoda said, as if in response to Alfred?s thoughts. ?There you should stop.? He pointed to where a collapsed pier jutted out from the dock.

Alfred guided the boat over to a place where he could tie up under a lone utility light and turned off the engine before looping the bow line around a rusted iron hook protruding from a wooden support pylon. Here, the waterline nearly reached the height of the pier, so the boat could be seen by anyone, whether in the water or on land.

Footsteps echoed over the deserted docks. A moment later, Two-Face emerged from the shadows between two run-down warehouses. When he spotted Alfred, he smiled and slowed his pace, casually pulling a pistol from under his coat. ?Well, well, well, an old man in a bright shiny speed boat, all alone on the docks.? He flipped a gold coin with his free hand. ?Must be my lucky night. First I kill Batman?s little birdie and then you provide the perfect escape.?

Yoda, who was below Two-Face?s level of sight, stood up in his seat and stepped onto the pier. He leaned on his walking stick with both hands and said, ?Alone he is not. Touch him, you will not.?

Two-Face stopped short and stared at Yoda a long moment before looking back to Alfred. ?What?s this? Your trained frog??

Yoda banged the end of his stick on the wooden planks. ?Your captor I am.?

Two-Face pointed his gun at Yoda, fired -- and missed.

One moment Yoda was standing on the pier, looking wizened and frail. The next, he had a laser sword in his hand and jumped into the air, evading the shot and landing to his oppo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.