main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends HOME, a young Yoda story. Last Post and Epilogue MAY 24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jodiwent, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Great job again jodiwent. It was good to read that more than just kodo and yoda survived. :)

Keep up the great writing. Don't feel too bad, my computer at home off-line because the stupid modem sucks.

Thanks again.

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    YOU WON! YAY!

-Best Non-Human-
    Yoda, Home- a young Yoda story by jodiwent

YAY! :) Congratulations!

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Sorry no post, yet.

Thanks GKilkenny, Jaya, H_L, maychorian, & darth gershand WELCOME Aya-Na-Bashu

Thanks to everyone who voted for Yoda :D

Congrats to may who won a few and Gkilkenny was nominated too.

Darth real life as been a *****

Hope to post soon

4. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Congrats Jodiwent. You and your story definately deserved the Award. I absoultly love your story!

5. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh my am I glad I'd stumbled over this. It's a great story. I laughed til I'd nearly cried when I read of Kodo being caught inside the snack machine. Poor baby.

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Thanks again darth_gersh. I'm glad you found it too Jauhzmynnthe more the merrier.

I am sorry it took so long to post, but my Dad has been in the hospital. He is home now and okay, but he can't drive & my Mom doesn't drive so I'm the responcible adult here now - - scarry.

------------------------------------
    Home part 14

The sight that greeted Healer Adas nearly made him drop the tray of food he had brought for the boys. The older brother held the little one up to the bacta tank and Kodo emitted that humming sound. What bothered the healer was the churning of the fluid within the tube that Kodo's activities were creating.

"What are you doing?" The healer was perturbed. "Get away from there."

Yoda opened his eyes and stepped back from the tank. As soon as his hands left the dura-plast, Kodo stopped humming and looked at his brother with curiosity.

"Not hurting him," Yoda said.

Indeed Kodo's sounds were doing just the opposite. Paak had been in one of the most peaceful states he had ever been in. When Kodo stopped humming, the instruments on the tank indicated Paak's breathing rate sped up.

Paak's eyes popped open. For a moment he was disorientated. He could not understand why he had been pulled out of the peaceful place he had been in. He had been floating on a gentle river. When he woke up, he found himself under the water feeling as if he were drowning. In the moments of his confusion, Paak flailed and hoses came loose; Alarms went off.

Adas went into healer mode and activated the tube's lift mechanism. By the time Paak was out of the fluid, hanging halfway out of the tube, he understood where he was. He pulled off the breathing mask and took a deep breath.

"Put a fork in me," Paak joked. "I think I'm done."

The three who had seen Paak's ordeal breathed in relief as well.

"We are not cooking you Padawan Paak," Esco, who had come to see why the alarms were going off, said. "And I'm sure you are far from 'done'."

The master healer knew it would be days before the young Jedi would be finished with the bacta treatment. "We do however need to change the tube fluids. Esco looked at the green brothers and asked, "Are you responsible for this?"

Yoda didn't know what to say. He had a very guilty look on his face, but didn't feel it was their fault. He didn't want to blame Adas either.

Adas spoke first. "No Sir," he offered. "It was my fault."

"Don't cover for the younglings," Esco told. "It doesn't help them."

"I'm not covering for them. I misunderstood something and it induced a panic state in the patient."

Esco activated the rest of the removal cycle. As he did this, he examined Adas with his eyes. "I know that many young healers make mistakes; I myself made a few." The master healer's words sounded forgiving; his tone did not. "You are not an apprentice any more. You know no to agitate a patient, and how rare this substance is to be wasting it. I will have to write you up for this."

Adas was helping Paak keep to his feet as he replied, "I understand Master Esco."

"Do you think you can handle things from here."

"Yes Master."

Esco bowed; Adas nodded his return bow as the master healer left again. Adas did no look happy as he helped Paak to an exam table.

"Sorry I am," Yoda offered. "Get you in trouble, we did not want to."

"It wasn't your fault," Adas said. "Master Esco had had a problem with me for a long time."

Adas continued to readjust the wires and tubes on Paak, but something else surprised him. He looked puzzled. On seeing this puzzlement, Yoda asked, "Wrong is something?"

"No," Adas admitted. "Something is very right." He pressed on Paak's chest where the projectile had struck. "This is amazing," he said under his breath. He closed his eyes and used the Force to examine Paak's internals. Adas opened his eyes and looked at Kodo. Again he muttered, "amazing."

The healer handed the padawan a cover robe and asked, "do you think you could walk a little bit?"

"I can try," Paak answered. Paak's legs had a different response, he c

7. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Aw, lovely. I like Adas very much. [face_love] He's a determined one. And Kodo draping himself over Paak! [face_laugh] That was cute.

Great job, jodi! Keep it up.

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Way to Go Adas, dont be afraid of Esco, your doing the ight thing

Not a miracle just Kodo he is amazing,

I checked my favourites and realised this story had disappeared
    off the page[:D]

Glad your Dad is OK!

Can you PM me please for updates.

9. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Awww, I'd hug them both. I hope your dad's doing alright.

10. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Kodo with the super healer powers, with Yoda yet to discover how powerful and wise he will become. Once again great job. Hope your dad is well on the road to recovery.

darth_gersh[face_cowboy]

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I hope my sithy computer doesn't cut me off again.

Thanks everyone for your concern about my Dad. He is doing better and will go to see the doctor again tomorrow to see what's what.

This post is shorter than I wanted, but I figured it was better than no post.

----------------------------

Home part 15

The group of refugees being guided by Master Chee were within easy reach of the spaceport's boarders, and the Jedi check point. Chee was still not taking any chances. The raiders were not organized or brave enough to take on the Jedi, or any of the security units of the planets represented by the off world traders. What worried Chee was that he felt the raiders might see this area as a last chance to get at the 'greens' before they reached the safety of the Republic zone. He was right to worry.

Unlike the last time when he placed his attention on the people he was helping, the Jedi Master's attention was everywhere. He sensed they were being followed. It was only one, but he knew it was one of the orange people's soldiers.

"Hide," Chee told the green people. "Stay quiet."

He had warned them before about not panicking as the first group had. Preparing them seemed to work. They did not move out of their hiding places even when they saw the Jedi return with an orange person scruffed in Chee's hand.

"Stinking outlander!" The soldier demanded, "let go of me!"

Chee replied, "I don't think so."

Back where he found the soldier, Chee had disarmed him. Taken hold of his collar, and carried him along. No matter how the soldier wriggled, or kicked, he was not getting away from the human.

"You can come out," Chee shouted. "There's only one, and I've got him under control."

Slowly at first, the green beings came forth. When they realized the soldier was indeed under control some of the green people ran forward to strike the solder. Some grabbed sticks; one beaned him with a rock.

Chee lifted the orange man up out of reach of the refugees and asked, "still want me to let you go?"

"No - - no," the soldier pleaded.

"Go let him," the green leader said. "Deal with him we will."

Chee answered, "there'll be none of that."

"One of the soldiers he is."

"Killed people he has."

"I have no doubt of that," Chee said. "Still, he may have information that could help bring this conflict to a halt."

"Then beat it out of him let us," the green leader said as he jumped up to grab the soldier's ankle. "Hang him from the nearest tree we will."

Chee pulled the green man off of the orange one. The Jedi held the green leader by one foot and looked him in the eye, even if it was upside down.

"Don't ask me to do something like that," Chee requested. "He will be dealt with later, as will his comrades. It is not my place to execute him, or let you harm him because you can."

Another green being asked, "on whose side are you?"

"Side - - " Chee wondered. He couldn't say he was on no side. He certainly wasn't on both sides. "Sides have nothing to do with this. I am doing my duty as a Jedi knight. Right now, that means getting you to safety and him to galactic authorities.

"Him let us have," someone still demanded. They stepped towards Chee. "Defend ourselves we have the right to."

"Yes, you do have the right to defend yourselves. But this is not defending."

Some of the green people still advanced. Chee did not want to have to hurt the people he was defending. He looked at the green beings sternly and asked, "Do you want to become like him?"

This stopped the green beings in their tracks. Everyone stood still as Chee continued to speak.

"These people have killed many of your people because you were peaceful or helpless. Now that he has no weapon, do you want to become like him and his kind?"

None of the green beings answered. Chee put down the green leader and continued, "I don't think so. A small friend of mine told me you were peaceful farmers, people of the land, and caring of your families." Chee placed the orange soldier on the ground and told him, "don't try to escape, or t

12. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    [face_dancing] Way to go Kodo!

13. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Woohoo! Great post! Yay for little Kodo. :)

14. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Hurrah for Master Chee, and hurrah for Kodo!

Great post. Keep writing!

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Brilliant

"If you will kindly remove the child from the patient," Esco requested. "I will see about this humm humm business."

Adas reached for Kodo and said, "okay little guy, off you come."

Just gotta Love the little guy KODO[:D]

well done more soon

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    "That's an interesting fashion statement Padawan Paak," Esco commented when he saw the young Jedi's green accessory."

I need one of those so called fasion statements. Especially for my sore shoulder!

Yeah jodiwent! [:D]

17. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    First I want to say thanks to everyone who has replied and the lurkers too. You guys are great!

I havn't forgoten this story, or the other ones[face_blush] I just have been terribly busy at work, and haven't been writing. I'm embarassed at how long it's been since I last posted. The bulk of the double shifts I've been doing are over now, so I should be getting back into the flow of posting.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Worry not Jodi, long as you continue to post we will continue to rad.

Add my wishes of wellness for you dad with the others. [:D]

19. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Hello, Hope all is well jodiwent. Hope to hear from you soon!

20. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Thanks Leona and darth_gersh I've defeated Darth Writher's Block and Darth Real Life to bring you a post. Sorry it took so long.I hope you like.

p.s. check out my Obi&Qui Halloween short story too;)

While Adas went to get the hover chair, Esco turned his attention to Kodo. ?How old is - - ?

?My brother,? Yoda finished the healer?s question.

?Yes.? Esco cleared his throat, embarrassed at not knowing the boys? names. ?Your brother.?

Yoda stood there not answering.

?So, how old is your brother??

Yoda still did not answer.

?It?s all right if you answer him Yoda,? Paak advised.

Yoda hopped up next to Paak, and whispered his own question. ?Why need to know how old Kodo is, does he??

Paak whispered back, ?I suppose he wants to know.?

?Know he may want, but for what purpose??

Paak was impressed with Yoda?s depth for his age, but didn?t understand his anxiety of Healer Esco. Paak could feel a huge amount of anxiety coming off of Yoda. Then the young Jedi thought to himself, ?Then again, I don?t know too many kids who aren?t anxious around healers.?

Esco asked another question, ?is something wrong??

?Yoda?s only been around humans for a few days,? Paak explained. ?I suppose he doesn?t quite trust strangers yet. I think he suspects your motives.?

Esco directed himself to Yoda. ?You trust Padawan Paak; why don?t you trust me??

?A Jedi Paak is,? Yoda answered.

?But Healer Esco is a Jedi too,? Paak told Yoda.

Yoda still looked at Esco with suspect. Esco seemed very different than the few Jedi he had met so far.

?It?s true,? the Master healer tried to convince. ?I am just as much a Jedi as your friend here.? This did not seem to reach the skeptical youngling. ?I am interested in your brother because he is very unique. I have never seen even the most skilled healers do what he has done.?

By this time Kodo had already crawled back onto Paak, and proceeded to hop from the young Jedi?s shoulders onto his head, then back down to the other shoulder. In short, he was using Paak as his own personal jungle gym. The Master Healer?s curiosity would have to be quelled later. Yoda was not in any mood to answer any of the man?s questions, and Adas returned with the hover chair.

?Let?s get you into a comfortable room while you wait for the transport home,? Adas chirped as he entered the room. He was unaware of his interruption of the standoff between Yoda and Esco.

Paak stood up with Kodo still on top of him and said, ?I actually feel well enough to walk myself. I?m not even sure I?ll be sent back to Coruscant.?

?Humor us, and use the chair,? Esco said. ?We still don?t know what?s happened to you. I saw the extent of your injuries. And as far as going back to the Temple, that is protocol for someone who has been as severely injured as you were.?

?But I feel fine,? Paak protested. He knew no amount of protesting would change the protocol. The council had been very unyielding lately. The code was to be followed at all times, and closely. ?But I suppose I must follow the protocol.?

?Yes young one,? Esco agreed. ?We have protocols for reasons.?

Yoda knew that there was something unsaid going on between his friend and the healer. He still didn?t understand most of what they said. When Paak gave in and sat in the hover chair, he motioned for Yoda to join Kodo on top of him. Yoda hopped on for the ride. He may have been getting away from the Master Healer, but before Adas pushed the boys off Esco gave Yoda a look that seemed to say, ?we are not done with our conversation.? The healer had not said a word, but Yoda knew that Esco interest in Kodo was not going to go away.

As the boys went on their way, Esco reached for his com-link. ?Prodit - - ? he called. ?This is Esco, I want you to send some information to my personal station here on the med-ship.? He listened to his assistant?s response. ?I need any and all information you can on the status of refugee children, and how they are being dealt with.? The Master He

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Master Chee seems to be getting the runaround.
    Let hope they get to the Temple soon
    all of them.
    [:D]

22. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Ahhhhh, feels so good to get back to a great story, its like Ice cold lemonaide on a Hot summer day. Great job again jodiwent. Trust not Esco!

23. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Finally reunited with Master Chee! That makes me happy. Great post!

24. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    I've had days like that. It makes you want to reach out and strangle someone. It's a good thing that he's a Jedi! Great update. Mean Mr. Esco. :p to him.

25. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.