main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Home One/Independence same ship?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMike821, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMike821

JediMike821 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    i always thought they were different but X-Wing Alliance has the Independence as Ackbars flagship and Home like a call sign. The card game has them as different ships. I dont think Alliance is the beat source though. Where did they get the Maria from. BTW how many Cal ships are actually seen in ROTJ? I cant remember.

2. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    Home One is Ackbars Flag ship. It is a Calamari Crusier that is about 3.8 km long. its large size is the reason why it is the flag ship. it is not the same as the Independence, which is a standerd calamari crusier. i think the Independence was destroyed at endor.

3. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    There is some evidence from ROTJ that there was at least one other ship identical to Home One at Endor. Maybe when it was in drydock for repairs/refit, Ackbar shifted his flag to the Independence.

4. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    <Shakes head> They are not the same ship.

Home One, which I dub an "MC85", is 3.8 km long (though some sources disagree and claim its length is only 2 km). It does have another name: Headquarters Frigate. It has a different weapons and fighter count and has heavier shielding and armor. It is clearly designed to be a command ship.

Independence, on the other hand, is an MC80, which is much smaller and weaker than an MC85. MC80's were the mainstay at the time of the Battle of Endor. And no, Independence was not destroyed at Endor, the Mon Cal cruiser that was annihilated was the Liberty.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And XWA says the Maria was also lost.

6. JediMike821

JediMike821 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    I think Maria was just a game ship. its a rather stupid name for a Cal Crusier. Its not Star Wars-y Its not in the card game either. The Cals in the CCG are Defiance, Independence, Home One, and Liberty.

7. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    So? It was still in a star wars game. :p

Maria actualy is a pretty good name for a Cal ship.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    On a related not, anyone have any inforamtion about a BultwartClass warship? I only seena picture and have no idea where it's from the little the write-up said.

9. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    The Bulwark Battlecruiser is from SW Rebellion for the PC. It is the largest ship available when playing as the Rebels and is almost as powerful as an SSD. As far as I know thw ship was made up for the game.

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    While never seen in any story yet, it's still canonical ship and has it's own encyclopedia entry in the game and back history. It's a pretty cool ship that would be nice to see sometime.

11. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Seems a bit large for the Rebellion, a stupid mistake yet again.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It doesn't actually have to be from the rebellion time period, stuff in rebellion game come from all eras from the rebellion and NR eras. I would suspect the bulwark comes sometime in the NR era.

13. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    the Bulwerk was pretty stupid. there where 5 crusiers at Endor: Home One, Liberty, Defiance, Independence, and Maria. one was destroyed, the Liberty.

just remember, every calamari crusier is uniqe, and are each built individually. so there is a little leway for which is which.

14. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Doesn't it say the Bulwark was an older ship?

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Then it could be an older Old Republic clone-wars era relic ship? That the rebels somehow got a hold of, and stupidly lost? I don't remember to much about what the encylopedia said, and would have to check it again to know the exact details.

16. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes but with over a 100 weapon emplacments it still seemed like it could do a job.

17. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Yes but with over a 100 weapon emplacments it still seemed like it could do a job. :"

Depends. What's the strength of the Bulwarks turbolasers? Thy might be really outdated.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There were 4 main Mon Cal ships at Endor, two ships of two ship classes (although Home One might be larger,m it looks very similar to Independence)-

Defiance & Liberty
    Home One & Independence

The first shot of DS2 destroyed the Liberty.

The second shot, as Lando calls for the point blank range attack, destroys the Independence.

EDIT- What kind of ship was the Maria? Never heard of that one before.

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, just checked no era dates for the bulwark cruiser so it could exist in any period but it does say it may be plagued with unreliable electronics and sensors.

20. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I suppose your right, wonder where the Rebellion dug it up though?

21. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    "i think the Independence was destroyed at endor."

No, that was Liberty.

22. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    no, the second shot destroyed a corellian corvette. seriously, you only see one cruiser destroyed.

23. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Thats really sad, 27 ISDs and a Super-Class Star Destroyer against 4 cruisers and support ships. Not to mention the Detah Star.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Independence? Survive? ...

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/IndeBOOMenceDay.jpg]

Nope, she dead.

25. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    your right, it always looked like a corvette or a transport to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.