main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Homeless

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by Jedi_Nat, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Due to various issues with the WA forum, I have decided to no longer post there. Tonight's meet of X-Men 3 turned into a real disaster where I was the only one to turn up. Yep, just me.

Can I make FF-UK: South my new home?

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm sure the members of FFSouth will be happy to have you Nat

Although, I'm not sure you can become an honourary member until the chapter is official

3. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Course you can Nat! [:D]

And we can make you an unofficial honourary member until we're official :D

We love Nat! Oh yes, we love Nat! [face_dancing]

4. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh thank you. Thank you!

[:D]

5. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Can I be an honourary member as I'm emotionally involved with one of the main and founding members? [face_batting] :p

6. Lord_DarthSatanus

Lord_DarthSatanus Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    I don't think it works that way :p

7. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    We've already got honourary members and we're not official, so I don't see any reason for Nat to not be :p

Welcome to the Inner Circle :p

8. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    nah come and be a member of the Midlands!!

9. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    [face_frustrated] *grumbles about midlanders stealing the south's glory*

:p

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, next time get more Southeners to attend :p

I'm sure you'll all be able to go to C10

11. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    I wanna be honourary! :( The North made me honourary there! And I'm dating one of ya key members here!

I have power here dammit!

12. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Midlands? They've pretty much established themselves. I think I'll help out the babies of the group.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, but it looks at the moment like in-fighting is causing a lot of problems there

You are an honourary member of the North cos you contribute to it

If you do nothing here you won't be an honourary member, regardless of how close you are with any person

Favouritism is excluded here

14. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    In-fighting, huh? I don't go to the Midlands boards, so I don't know. WA had their fair share of in-fighting a few years ago, and people got banned or left. The Dark Times, we call it. I'm leaving before the in-fighting starts, as I'll be the one starting it and be banned.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, you can stay here as long as you like

16. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
  17. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    I didn't mention C9 :confused:

Actually it was agreed that he would get made honourary a while ago. He has contributed more than most, and he's likly to be with me at any meet. Therefore I dont see a reason why he shouldn't.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Fair enough

Many honourary members the South may have
    Its good so many people want to be a part of it

19. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [:D] Yes you are![:D]
    [face_frustrated]No you dont![face_frustrated]

[face_laugh] :p

How you guys doing anyway? Thought I would pop my head round the door?

20. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    There's a few things in here I'd like to post on.

Richie, like any club they are making certain changes, organising themselves, and generally doing what clubs do. I'd ask you not to take pot shots at them, I know it probably wasn't intended, but it doesn't look nice when an outside member who doesn't necessarily know what is going on inside makes such a comment above. Because would you like them to do the same if the situation was reversed. We sit patiently, let them do what they need to. I am not having a go at you, just asking for a little consideration ;)

Serena was just replying to RJK's stealing Jon joke lol. But it does bring up some important issue that I think the new RSA has to start addressing, soon. When they get in office I will mention it to them. Club rivalry is fine on the friendly level, but when it does become jealousy then it becomes a worrying matter. Richie you do bring up an issue that is very important (though Serena wasn't actually doing it here).

We can't stop (and should never stop) several chapters going to a convention, in fact we should fully encourage it. There is no rulebook in the Fan Force as far as I can see on it, the chapter area where the convention is the "host", no matter if they are outnumbered in terms of members present and the other chapters have to respect that. There may be jokes about "taking over", but that is all it is, a joke. If the outside chapter is really serious about it and attempt to steal the thunder of the host chapter, then they are IMHO out of order. You are respectful to your hosts, and support them in whatever way you can. Hence why when the FF-UK:North members going to LFCC arrive, we are working for the FF-UK:London and helping them. I am sure what has happened in the past is the same.

Well, Jon's contributions to the North have mainly been posting on our forums so far. He asked about honourary membership and we happily granted it. Wait till he finds out what he has to do at meets being a Northern honourary member :p
    Again, like lots of Fan Force related things, there is no rulebook that I know of. Decisions like this are down to the club. And Jon has posted here as much as Southern members, so he does fit in. And his girlfriend is a member, so I don't see why he can't be counted as a honourary member. I was counted as such with the New York Fan Force when I was dating one of their members. And what about spouses of members who take no active part in the Fan Force chapter their partner is a member of? Honourary membership is really decided upon by the individual chapter - by its members and not outsiders.

In the case of a honourary member - they aren't counted as one of the three at a meet for official records, but then again honourary membership is nothing more than a show of gratitude or nod to service done to the chapter.

I am not picking on you Richie, be sure of that, I am just making it clear that both Nat and Jon can be honourary members if the FF-UK: South wants them to be. That's my take on it, others may have a different view, but I think it really is down to the individual chapter to decide.

21. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I might want to apply for honorary too... am leaving GB on tuesday :_| I'm leaaaaving on a, er, ferry, don't know when I'll be back again... hopefully this is only temporary!
    and anyway, who's In Charge around here? I keep asking, but so far no success...

22. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    I think Phill (Jairen) is in charge as he is RSA and there is no CR as this place isn't offical yet. But I'm not sure. :confused:

And btw, Tim rocks! :D

23. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    You'll be missed Marte, but have a fun time where-ever you go ok? And come back safely :cool: :)

There is currently no CR for the South, since the FF club is unofficial until they have three meets with at least three members present, and I think they are all just working as a group to get themselves sorted. I can see several contenders tbh, and like I posted in the pub I think the South may well work better with a co-cr-ship until they are steady.

24. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Sad news marte :( [:D]

And yes, at the moment I suppose Phill is in charge until we reach officiality. But if anyone has any questions I can try to help for now :)

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Nice to see the place being so active

Hopefully once officiality is reached this place can get a nice banner and some avatars and be really cool :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.