main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hondo...The Most Interesting Man

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vader'sGoodHand, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    I don't know if we have a thread like this but I thought it would be cool to see what people come up with. Hondo is the most interesting man in the galaxy and as such we should pay tribute to him. If you have never scene the commercial for Dos Equis I recommend you look it up and party with us in the Dos Jedis thread. You can also post Chuck Norris type jokes about Hondo as well.

He makes the Jedi use the mind trick on themselves when they barter with him
    He has no home because the GFFA is everything he needs
    His charm can make the most fickle Senators blush

He is the most interesting man in the Galaxy
    He doesn't always drink beer but when he does he drinks Dos Jedis

Stay bounty hunting my friends

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well since Hondo is coming back soon I decided that the man needed his thread so who is ready to talk about this old pirate.

3. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    How popular is this character?

4. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hondo_Ohnaka

Pretty popular. He's a fan favorite from The Clone Wars.

5. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
  6. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Do you think Hondo's cameo in the series will work well for people who have not seen Clone Wars?

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Of course, we only have Jim Cummings' word on this. But considering BDW also talked about being on the show long before it was officially announced, I tend to believe Cummings is just as reliable.

CoolyFett likes this.
  8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I hope he has Katooni at his side.

Lil swash bucklin, pistol packin sword swinging space pirate lady. Oh, and for ****s and giggles don't forget she has a stroke of that ole' Force thing goin on too.

9. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    I think his introduction can be done well . I mean, let's face it...he's a pirate. Show him doing pirate-y things and the audience is smart enough to get the rest.;)

At some point we're going to have to start a poll on who we think will be the first person taken hostage by Hondo.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Hmm... what TCW episode would you say is the best introductory episode for Hondo? I could give Cynda here a lil recommendation... Just I forget exactly what all eps he was in, it's that long since I've watched the thing.

11. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    About Hondo being in Rebels.... "Well ...eerr.. I'm semi speechless." [face_dancing]

Valairy Scot likes this.
  12. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    Season 1, Episode 11 Dooku Captured

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Same here. If she shows up with him as a character I'd jump outta my chair in joy.

But seeing Hondo interact with the Ghost crew is going to be great.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    maybe he will kidnap Vader then Kidnap Kanan and Ezra :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Why not?

16. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    I know that Star Wars Rebels has done a few silly things, but the idea of a Lord of the Sith captured by pirates...

17. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

cdgodin, rumsmuggler and credar like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Look Hondo up on Wookieepedia. That will have all of the episodes he was in.

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Speaking of Dooku Captured, it's definitely one of the most controversial TCW episodes around here.

Anyway, I really like that we'll (supposedly) get to see Hondo on Rebels. I think they can make him work on the show for those not having seen TCW as it wouldn't exactly be too hard with such a secondary character.

enigmaticjedi and CoolyFett like this.
  20. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions here, thanks. So far Luminara has been the only Clone Wars character confirmed to show up in Rebels, but in the context of the episode "Rise of the Old Masters" when Kanan described her as "a great Jedi Master" I imagined Luminara like Obi Wan Kenobi and I saw the importance of rescuing her. The reveal of her death probably would have hit me harder if I did watch Clone Wars though.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well not really. She, along with Bail, the droids, Vader, Yoda, and Lando originated in the movies. Hondo would be the first character originally from TCW to show up on Rebels.

22. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    When did Luminara show up in the movies?
    Granted, I could look this up, but why pass on revealing how much I know about all things Star Wars!:)

23. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    AOTC on Geonosis from what I recall. I don't think she had a speaking role though.

CoolyFett and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    She first showed up in the early scene in Palpatine's office (as did Barriss) as well as the Geonosis arena, and appears once in ROTS on Kashyyyk.

EDIT: And yeah she, like most other PT Jedi, had no lines.

CoolyFett and SeparatistFan like this.
  25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Cynda what didn't / don't you watch TCW? You seriously should. I can't recommend it enough.