main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hondo...The Most Interesting Man

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vader'sGoodHand, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Darth Saxman

Darth Saxman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    This has probably been mentioned 1000 times before, but..................Hondo................Han............Lando..........................Hondo.....................way to be creative and original with your naming, Filoni.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  2. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Wow, that's awesome. lol

3. Darth_Narcissist

Darth_Narcissist Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2012
    I love hondo hes like some c list batman villan ..... hes not a bad guy hes just a con man good guy who will **** you over for a buck... of in this case a credit.... i like hondo i am fine if we never get closure on his character... hes just a hussler... reminds me of some of the characters you run into in the streets of New york City in the 80s and 90s... a guy who will deal you a dime bag of weed on a saturday night that turns out to be oregano...... lol...

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Hondo may not be trustworthy, but you can always expect him to cut and run when **** gets bad.

Jedi Knight Fett and Trikuza23 like this.
  5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would love to see Hondo become a privateer for the Rebel Alliance.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing as how he will assuredly not die in Rebels I won't be very surprised if he does and by the end of the war gets his crew back.

7. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    With the transition of Saw from animation to live action people are probably thinking of another character that started out in animation that can appear but doesn't have much history to them that the references could confuse a general audience. Saw worked because while he was a Clone Wars character his stories in the Clone Wars didn't necessarily need to be referenced as part of the story (I honestly would have even taken just a throwaway line but they needed to get across he was an extremist and that part of his character they did put in. Then again there could be background references in his lair that we just haven't spotted and need to watch again for)

Anyway if it were up to me I say Hondo is that next character that could easily make a transition to live action. He could films related to the criminal underworld or films where it's featured like a film on bounty hunters/smugglers, the possible Boba Fett spin off and the Han Solo film. I'd cast Antonio Banderas as the live action Hondo. I figured that he's the right age, has the accent and also the right charisma of both being fun and also mad with energy even now in some of his recent film roles (In the new SpongeBob movie he's pretty much the only live action actor acting against nothing much else yet he commits to it 100% like he's interacting with the CG animated characters wo aren't really there and he's also one of the more bright fun spots in the dull and forgettable Expendables 3).

Also Hondo could appear in comics (I like one person's idea of one about how he lost his crew) and also novels. And of course I want to keep seeing him in Rebels. The guy is always a bright spot when he appears and never fails in making me laugh. One of my favourite Jim Cummings characters who in a long career has helped bring many different characters to life so it's impressive that a relatively new one is high up there for me but I guess that's a testament to the writers and Cummings himself.

Hondo while he may not be the brightest guy in the world or the most trust worthy much like Long John Silver or Jack Sparrow there is a heart of gold underneath it all (which is proven many times since he's been willing to save people when they appeal to him be it when he rescued Ahsoka and the other Younglings thanks to Katooni's influence and also Ezra and the rest of the crew a few times and the fact he considered Jango an honourable man and commended Obi-Wan and Anakin for theirs and he considered them his friends even though they seem to be unsure of that which I like) and while he claims to love profit and I'm sure he does it's the thrill of the adventure and the exploration and joys of life that I think Hondo likes the most. It's like Hondo always likes to say

"But you know what I always say: Speak softly, and drive a big tank."-Hondo Ohnaka (Along with many other quotable lines)

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ventress can't figure out why she's written off while Hondo is on Rebels...

[​IMG]

9. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

[​IMG]

Sarchet likes this.
  10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    You know what would have been interesting to see....Hondo vs Cad Bane.

SeparatistFan and Trikuza23 like this.
  11. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    Cad Bane is GOAT.
    Vorax She dies in a ****ing book. That's so stupid.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It would have been a TV series episode had TCW not been cancelled.

13. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    I know. 8 episodes

14. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    Remember in the Rebels Season 2 episode "Brothers Of The Broken Horn" and Hondo say's "“One of my best friends was a Jedi. I'm pretty sure we were friends.” ......the writers were obviously planting a seed there,..I bet Obi and Mr Ohnaka are going to be reunited very shortly, maybe Hondo will go to Tatooine with Ezra after learning Obi-Wan's alive and in peril, which isnt a far stretch as Ezra and Hondo are rather pally and do go on mission's together, plus Hondo will be well aware of who Maul is after he and Opress attacked the planet Florrum in The Clone War's....
    Maul:Filth, you will pay for your insolence.”
    Hondo:Insolence! We are pirates! We don’t even know what that means.”

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Hondo lives! I hope he builds up another pirate fleet and is a relevant faction in the post OT era. Preferably with a new flying saucer.

Grievousdude likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also with his Ugnaught friend. :p

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  18. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I love how Hondo has become such an iconic Star Wars character. He’s appearing everywhere these days!

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Wait a minute; a character who appeared only in the animated series (TCW and Rebels) is featured as an animatronic prop at Disney's park? Hmmmm [face_thinking] this changes everything.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    how much money do I have to pay to have a drink with Hondo Ohnaka?

21. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    This Hondo Animatronic is pure awesomeness, never saw something like this.
    I already can hear him," Hello my Friendzzz come on Board of the legendary Millennium Falcon".

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  22. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Hondo just rules.

23. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I love Hondo as a character; but I do not like him taking ownership of the Millenium Falcon, as Galaxy's edge implies.That is an insult to Chewbacca, and the late Han Solo. :mad:If they insist on keeping the Falcon intact, then Chewbacca is the rightful owner and Captain; with a worthy Co-pilot.[face_plain]

24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    More like assumed ownership by hijacking the ship after he both reneged and betrayed Chewie's misplaced trust as seen in the book "Pirate's Price".

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Because Hondo is entertaining?

Force Smuggler likes this.