main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Ya shaped charges!

*plops down and plays some Alien vs Predator* Wish my xenomorph problem could be cured by shaped charges. No...no no no! Get away! ARGH! *acid blood sprays out of the tv and drenches him with it, causing him to roll around on the floor, writhing in pain*

Damn you acid blood! Damn you!

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They had me at "I'm the Doctor. Basically - run." But yeah, I'm officially crazy excited for the Matt Smith era.

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    AvP ?!?! You must tell me hhow is it, Sarge?

4. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    It's pretty good so far :D I got it for my brother long ago as a going away present when he moved out and it was only yesterday that I finally managed to get my hands on it when he came over for Easter and let me borrow it :p Managed to complete the Marine campaign last night and the Alien campaign is up next with Predator right after.

So far the game can be difficult when it wants to be [face_beatup] Tried to beat the Marine campaign on the Nightmare difficulty (no checkpoints, have to start the level over when you die) but that became too frustrating due to the freakin' acid blood that would kill me in one shot if I killed an Alien that was too close. Went down to Hard (really the same as Nightmare except with checkpoints) and managed to complete it in a few hours. I'm actually using the game for some research and, as much of a gamer I may be, I need to get through this thing [face_laugh]

It was fun and definitely kind of creepy with all the tricks that the xenos pulled on me [face_worried] Had your facehuggers crawling around on the ground, Aliens that would be camouflaged on the very walls or pop out of vents, and the motion sensor - despite being very helpful - did not help at times when it would detect the motion of a nearby Alien and you had no idea where it was because the room you were in was so dark [face_laugh]

The Alien and Predator campaigns are supposed to be quite different when it comes to play styles and I'll soon see how different they really are :cool:

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I am so incredibly absymal at shooter games that I get regularly murdered in ME2 on Casual, so mad props to Sarge, there. :p

I'm getting better though! ME2 is awesome enough to make it worth the learning curve.

6. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    What can I say? I love me shooters [face_cowboy]

Damn right it is! :D

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Y'know, Sarge, one of these days you're going to stop pulling drinks in this joint, fire up your word processor and come up with a fantastic freeform first-person shooter RPG to release out here. And it's going to be the scariest moment in RPF history. :D [:D] :* [:D] :D

8. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Hehehehe [face_skull]

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Shooters aren't really my cup of tea either. I like them, but I'm not all too good at them. It just takes me a little while longer to get through them because of all the times I die. :p

10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Sounds lime my kinda game. So, I really look forward to play it, when I ever find tome for it.

Concerning the shooter RP. I would be in it. :p

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    *headdesk headdesk headdesk headdesk headdesk headdesk*

So...Resident Evil: Afterlife... Yeah...where's my zombies!? :_| This was why I had to dump RE as my franchise for zombie, survival horror games and was ready for some fresh meat like Valve's Left4Dead! If I wanted to watch Equilibrium or the Matrix or play some standard third-person shooter game, I would've done that instead! The only unique thing you have now is how many hairstyles you can put on Milla Jovovitch! Rawr! [face_skull]

Ah well...word has it Capcom has their hand over the reset button so we'll see what happens <.<

[image=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/02/resetbutton.jpg]

*dramatic point!* Shooters are awesome! [face_skull] *goes back to playing Aliens vs Predator*

...Although learning to do some hand-to-hand combat with the Predator against the Aliens was something that kept getting me killed time and time again against the VERY FIRST ALIEN! [face_worried]

12. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Hurrah for a new Hooper's! Nice job, Thok. [face_peace]

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Wouldn't the plural of Prius be Prii?

14. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    There is an incredible tension going on right now between my desire to update AFaS and my desire to see the duels play out.

15. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Will post ASAP. Distracted by other things. :(

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Waiting on the Saint. :p

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Odd. There's an outstanding tag for you, from Saint, on page 115.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Reeeeaaaally?

*looks*

Oh, not Saint. Sawn.

No, wait.

I was waiting for Sawn, got confused, and thought I was waiting for Saint?

Oooookaaaaay...

*posts*

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Jeeeeeeeeeeebus.

That's about the wildest move anyone's pulled in this RP yet.

20. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Now thats how to improvise right there.

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    AFAS = EPIC!

So much just happened right there. This is going to be a fun one to respond to. :D

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    HOLY DUCK ON A DUCK SANDWICH WITH DUCK ON TOP AND A SIDE ORDER OF DUCK.:eek:

Soooooo awesome.

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Needs more Mandos :p

But no, it still be epics :cool:

24. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Oi! Kota's a Mando, remember. :)

And response is in. Geeeezz...

25. DarthXan318