main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd say it lends MMO development to an unflattering comparison to a certain Spanish satirical novel's titular protagonist. I mean, there was just as little room for competition back when Everquest and UO dominated the market, I dunno why people still think they can slay the windmill.

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Really, anything that tries to ape WoW *cough* TOR *cough* without being free to play, is pretty doomed to fail. If people want an MMO that isn't free to play...they want WoW. At least from what I've seen in my admittedly limited experience.

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    I just wish TOR would follow TERA's lead and stop trying to seek more profits with such strict restrictions :p I mean I would be playing TOR again but my Consular and Imperial Agent are both fully leveled and I can't create any other character due to the character limit so that...sucks.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
  5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Oh hello. Apparently TOR may have actually lessened their restrictions which includes increasing the character cap due to previous complaints :p In that case, I may try out those other class stories after all as that's what TOR really is about; just being able to play through your own Smuggler, Jedi, or Sith storyline. Screw the actual MMO bits and end game content since it can pretty much be declared as non-existent [face_laugh]

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    It would be nice if TOR could be played on a Mac, like any other Lucas game, but whatever. As for WoW, allegedly they only have two more expansions planned before Azeroth sees its last.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    TOR can be played on a Mac, you just have slap it in a Wineskin or, if you're really lazy, dual boot to Win7. Hell, the latter's so common that Boot Camp Assistant has been a standard Utility application since Leopard.

Edit: That said, it is annoying that there's no native OSX support. I get that they don't want to farm it to Aspyr this time since it's an MMO, but really, is OpenGL so terrifying? SMH, Dev Team, SMH.

Penguinator likes this.
  8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Heard about that, but I need all my Mac resources for art work. Oh well, thanks just the same Ramza. Btw, Redcliff was a good movie.

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I know, right? I just watched the proper 5 hour cut for the first time, and I don't think I can ever go back to the truncated version. Too many cool plot points got the axe.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah, loved all the strategy applications!! At one point, I recall yelling at the wife when she went over, like really woman!!?? Really!!! LOL!! but it all worked out. I think I may just see it again.

11. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    What's Redcliff?

*is too lazy to google it right now*

12. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So you guys mean the John Woo epic?

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Red Cliff is a very, very long film about the historical Battle of Red Cliffs (AKA the Battle of Chibi), a major event in the Three Kingdoms period of ancient China, directed, as Sirak noted, by John Woo. As such it's an entertaining blend of fact, fiction, and signature John Woo flourishes (Gratuitous slow motion! Contemplation on the simultaneous horror and beauty of violence! Flying doves all day, every day! A Mexican stand-off even though it's a period film!). It got brought up since it's where my current avatar is from.

14. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Well if I find myself with the time to spare, I'll do my best to try and watch it.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sounds intriguing.[face_thinking]

16. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    You know, whenever I see an update in a game I'm really enjoying, in this case The Return of the Forgotten Ones, I react a bit like this...

[​IMG]

17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    And the funny thing is we haven't actually done much yet :p

18. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Perhaps not, but the RPing thus far has been superb. And addicting. It's been great getting back into things again here.

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Knowing that things are about to happen can be as exciting as things happening now :p

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh dear, this is post 9,995. Are we... are we supposed to reset soon? Has anyone seen Thok? [​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Grant me emergency powers.

22. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
  23. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
  24. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I don't know, that reeks of evil Sith Lord plots...

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    One!

BLAST OFF!

Penguinator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.