main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m so excited for this game @Dandelo ‘s starting. :cool:

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oooh damn...

What is this, @Dandelo ?

More temptation? :p

darthbernael and Dandelo like this.
  3. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    it's a historical Earth one based on the Salem witch trials :)

basically, some strange and baffling events start happening in a small historical town in colonial America, and soon accusations of witchcraft start.

The game will have players either accusing others of being witches or be accused of witchcraft and defending themselves against the accusations etc.

Then the trials start and players can be on the side of the defense, prosecution or be witnesses etc.

It's my first real RPG here, so curious to see if anyone will be interested :)

thank you very much :D

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, I really like the sound of that! :eek:

It's been such a long time since I've done anything historical Earth – it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Doesn’t it sound awesome?

Dandelo and HanSolo29 like this.
  6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Call it Verzauberung. "Enchantment" in German.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I always think about him and check his Facebook page every so often to see if anyone has posted on it. I really wish I had a chance to meet him in person before he passed away. :( We were actually starting to begin dialogue about that subject of travel in our PMs we shared...then he passed away. @};-

I do not know if anyone ever knew how caring and amazing of a person Jason ( @Sith-I-5 ) really was, if you got to know him on a deep, personal level. We had weekly, sometimes daily conversations over PM. He was very private, so it took me the better part of 8 years to even get him to open up that he was once the editor-in-chief of a local Star Wars magazine ( :eek: ) in England back in the late 1980s to late 1990s/early 2000s before the internet really took off and print media started its rapid decline. Or the fact that he was a main fixature at some big-name, big-event Star Wars venues back in the 80s and 90s. You would have never known, because he was so incredibly private about his life. Or the fact that he loved cars...I mean, really, really loved cars his whole life. I didn't even know his love of cars until a month before his death.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Well, onwards and upwards with my book publishing. :-B[face_nail_biting]Today launched TheTravelingMercenary.com! :cool:

It is the first step in a larger marketing push beyond social media and one within comfortable financial ability and not risk breaking the bank. I am having to navigate the pennies to make sure we do not overshoot our household budget & savings, which is tricky at the moment with the rising costs of...well everything. July was particularly tight to put food on the table and put fuel in both cars. [face_plain] In any event, I realized I exhausted the free social media outreach (I avoided paying for ads) and started to see a sizeable drop in both engagement & networking between my book that launched in January and the book that launched in June.

So, I hope the new website will have some positive returns for both engagement & networking. :) The website gives you book reviews on the books I wrote, a crisp shopping experience to buy those books direct through my publisher, and information about the academic sources I used for the writing of the books, in addition to historical information of the time period and information on how the main character came to be.

Plus, for those eagle-eyed viewers, they will find out my favorite Star Wars movies. ;) That should be enough of a reason to check out the website. :p

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay that sounds amazing. I want to join! I love historical RPG's.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    is working on a sheet

What?

11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You have my attention!

Dandelo and DarthIshyZ like this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Have any of you watched the Salem tv series?

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    No, if I get into this game, maybe I should?

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Its pretty interesting and kinda creepy? Definitely worth a watch though. If you have Disney+ it is on there.

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I do, and now I have viewing Saturday night! :eek:

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    ALSO!

I need an Imperial/FO type willing to represent the First Order at peace accords six months after the Battle of Crait. [face_innocent]

17. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Drags self to the bar.

Too warm, kids getting more hyper leading up to school starting again, and...DRL stuff. So, for all those waiting on replies, I'll get to them as soon as I can, promise.

18. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Hops behind the bar

Frozen margarita, sir?

19. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Nods...

Just keep them coming. And to think I used to be used to such heat, living in the deep south of the US. Now, after getting used to milder European summers this is...definitely warm and energy sapping.

20. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m excited for the new game @Dandelo! This is going to be so much fun.

HanSolo29 and Dandelo like this.
  22. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    thank you! and thanks for helping me! :)

The town name Hexton was all Lady B y'all! so thank you for the help!

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I loved helping you out, so don’t hesitate if you need anything. You’ve created a really interesting game, and I love subjects like this.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    throws a sheet at him

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I love an Ike sheet! [face_love]

DarthIshyZ, Dandelo and HanSolo29 like this.