main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    *Sets up the Bat Signal and shines it up into the heavens*

Imperial_Hammer

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    :(

Sent using Tapatalk this was!

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  3. MandoA101

MandoA101 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 2, 2016
    Quick Question- do all these forum chats have cheesy names? Who comes up with it all?

4. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    These boards have been around for decades. There's been plenty of time and people to come up with those cheesy names! :D

Mikaboshi and MandoA101 like this.
  5. MandoA101

MandoA101 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 2, 2016
    Thanks for the answers!

Mikaboshi and DarthIshyZ like this.
  6. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Would've posted this yesterday but the boards were super slow, likely because of increased traffic from TLJ releasing.

Anyways, as of yesterday I have been on these boards for 15 years!

9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    More or less the desire to meet fellow star wars fans and grow my love for the fandom. More specifically my local fan force (which has been defunct for nearly 5 years now; RIP).

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  11. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Hm, logged in after my viewing of The Last Jedi and I see myself getting my eleven year trophy awarded on December 4th.

Just really logged in to post a review of TKJ on another part of the forum. For a quick, simple one: I thought half of the movie was downright awesome while the other half was....the opposite of awesome.

Anyway, had my move done quite a while ago. Been living comfortably in North Carolina for half a year now with a less hectic work schedule and me able to enjoy life more. However, my writing/RPing muse is still dormant. Just can't seem to get into writing again whether its role-playing or other things.

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Hm, logged in after my viewing of The Last Jedi and I see myself getting my eleven year trophy awarded on December 4th.

Just really logged in to post a review of TKJ on another part of the forum. For a quick, simple one: I thought half of the movie was downright awesome while the other half was....the opposite of awesome.

Anyway, had my move done quite a while ago. Been living comfortably in North Carolina for half a year now with a less hectic work schedule and me able to enjoy life more. However, my writing/RPing muse is still dormant. Just can't seem to get into writing again whether its role-playing or other things. I'm a little sad about that.

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006

Anyway, had my move done quite a while ago. Been living comfortably in North Carolina for half a year now with a less hectic work schedule and me able to enjoy life more. However, my writing/RPing muse is still dormant. Just can't seem to get into writing again whether its role-playing or other things. I'm a little sad about that.

I see that the boards still get some technical difficulties now and again. Turning out to be quite a pain to post two things here :p

Crap, and I triple-posted too. My bad.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sarge!!! So good to see you again! [:D]

Yeah, TLJ seems to have the fanbase divided. It's actually quite interesting to watch unfold. I have my own issues with the film, but overall, I enjoyed it. I still think it's a worthy addition to the Saga, faults and all. I will probably go see it a few more times just to process everything.

And I'm glad to hear that! You're also away from the crazy cold and the snow. Although, wasn't it you who hated the heat? I seem to recall you pestering me about that! :p Also, if there's anything I can do to convince you to come back/help out with writing, let me know! Your presence is missed around here!

DarthIshyZ and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Heyo! [:D]

Unfortunately, I think I can only watch TLJ again if I skip nearly all of the parts involving the Resistance. That's where all my gripes are. Everything else involving Rey and Luke I can say I loved and adored.

Yes, it's the heat I despise while having a love for the cold. Unfortunately, North Carolina summers are brutal to me while my first winter - so far - has not included a single snowflake that I've been able to see. Been completely at ease in shorts and short sleeves though and I survived the summer by staying in my air conditioned apartment where utilities cost nothing compared to what I was helping pay while living in my old New Jersey house and only coming out when I have to go to my overnight job when the heat's manageable at the bare minimum.

Was actually hoping that time without my previous stresses in New Jersey would bring my writing muse back to life but, sadly, this isn't appearing to be the case. I've glanced at RPs here and I'll feel the spark of motivation and I had actually gotten around to constructing a character in my mind for that Black Sheep Squadron game but as soon as I get behind a keyboard I seem incapable of typing anything and my motivation has died out a day or two later. As I said, rather saddening and frustrating.

And, yikes, I guess the TLJ traffic is really straining the boards. That or the ISPs really aren't wasting time with the net neutrality repeal, haha.

16. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy "The Last Jedi" season everyone!

17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Imperial_Hammer

I wanted your permission to reference in a fic', a pod-racing league that you created (and I played in), but in the end, I just created another.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  19. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Greetings sentient beings, friends one and all, Happy Holidays!

New boards, new look! Cozy! New bugs too! I can't seem to be able to reply to any of my conversations for some reason, quite odd. Who's this 'server error' who keeps interrupting? LOL! Anywho, just stopped by to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Hope to see you in 2018! More news later. Now let's see if this thing posts!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah it's a known issue, we're looking into it. And by we I mean the folks who actually know what they're doing as opposed to me. :p

DarthIshyZ and greyjedi125 like this.