main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    We need a 'THE VIRUS' RPG, where we all get it and die :p Then we get to write dramatic death scenes. :p Bad taste? Sorry.....

I'm sorry to hear that @DarkLordoftheFins :(

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm still working. More, actually. This is still tax season and stock brokerage firms are just flat out during this time. The Virus has just made me busier. Doesn't matter that I'm in a call center with recycled air. I've gotta go in because this is when I can make my $$$. "Strike while the iron is hot!"

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My husbands a CPA, and he says he's flat out right now.....he can self isolate in his office, just close the door! LOL

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  4. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Actually I feel the global pandemic in The Reckoning suddenly became so topical and depressing. I am still frightened how @HanSolo29 and @DarkLordoftheFins predicted China quarantining whole cities.

Anyway, hope everzybody is fine!

@DarthIshyZ where are you based? We seem to have similar jobs, but I was brutally locked out of our offices. Frankfurt, Zürich, they all close down trading floors right now and send us home with laptops.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeeeah, that one turned out a little too close for comfort... [face_worried]

Sinrebirth and DarthIshyZ like this.
  6. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah, I kinda wish we would not have the Hong Kong storyline. Seemed like a fun idea, so dark and dramatic and now ... so horribly real. A city ravaged by a virus, Chinese government locking it down ... omg I must say it ruined the game a little for me.

7. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Rhode Island, US. They've asked us our capabilities to work from home, but haven't taken steps yet. Although, I'd be reluctant to actually do so since I've got two kids at home.
    "Yes, sir, you've got a Maintenance Call on your account in the amount of -" "Dad, can you make me lunch?" "Uh, in the amount of $2,59..." "Daaaad!" "Uh, sir, can I call you back?"

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    9th of March - Husband Declared
    Corona would go pandemic and
    we'd be affected & Isolated for
    weeks and a global depression.

My husband made the above predictions on that date.........he's scary.

HanSolo29 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  9. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    I’ve been around. The wife and kid are enjoying me being home while I go mad from not being able to go to the gym. :/

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    @Adalia-Durron, did your husband say depression as in the economy or depression as in our moods. I think lots of folks are already there!

Keep in mind, folks, that "self-quarantine" does still include going out for walks and enjoying nature. It helps to get outside. Just keep a reasonable distance from your neighbor and you'll be fine.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Economy, Certified Practicing Accountant - its always about money for him. ;)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    We have an 8pm curfew in our area and no one is going outside unless they have to. Everyone seems to be expecting zombies any minute now. It's not a good feeling. [face_nail_biting]

Rational and logical thinking seem to have left the building. [face_dunno]

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We're allowed out, walking dogs, playing in parks with them, riding bikes etc, just not gatherings outside more than 500 and inside more than 100. Archery is still on a we only average 30-40 on the line any given Saturday and that's outside.

Jerjerrod-Lennox and DarthIshyZ like this.
  14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Around here no gatherings above 20. So a lot of things are now closed. . .not where I work of course. Until today we have been more busy than usual.

DarthIshyZ and Adalia-Durron like this.
  15. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    I work in a GP surgwry and we have been inundated with phone calls and prescription requests. All I and my colleagues have been getting is complaints that they can't ge through on the phone, I wonder why...

NHS GP Surgeries and pharmacies are being overloaded and I am pretty sure some patients are stockpiling meds. Me and my colleagues still have to go into work as well as a lot of others on the frontline even though social distancing has come into effect.

Not a lot of thanks from the general public either even though we our putting our safety on the line. No surprise there either.

16. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I think the gathering limit here is no more than 10. I work in a supermarket, so I don't have the option of working from home, but I am actually taking some vacation time through next week (scheduled before the virus started showing up here) so I am able to self-isolate for a little bit.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm a check out at supermarket, and its down to limiting items to one and two of each per customer here. One pack of toilet rolls, One pack of sanitizer, one bag of flour, one bag of rice.........and so on, so you get some nice pleasant customers who think they are special and above the rules.

18. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    I work in the bakery department, but yeah, we've had to put limits on some of those items, too, I've seen signs out on the shelves. My store is one of only a couple of 24-hour stores left in the company, but I think starting tomorrow we'll be shortening our hours.

Jerjerrod-Lennox and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Gathering limits of 5 in Austria and Belgium, I gather.

People are being a little silly with the hording in the UK.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  20. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    On the plus side: pollution gasses are less in the atmosphere. And Venice's canals are cleaner. One can actually see fish in the water now!

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Dolphins have been spotted there! :eek:

22. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Celebrating UFC day on ESPN.

Gonna catch up on some games tonight here on the boards.

And just so everyone knows, 10 ABY is still looking for more cast members if anyone is looking to join!

Happy Quarantining lol

Sinrebirth and DarthIshyZ like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I was promised zombies for the apocalypse. Where are my zombies?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  24. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Remember the early stage when Governments cover it up to avoid wide spread panic? Would say we are in that stage.

Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    BRAAAAIIINS
    *ahem*
    I'm sorry. You were saying?

Sinrebirth likes this.