main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank you, @Shadowsun for the eloquent demonstration. :)

spacelady, Kurisan, Shadowsun and 3 others like this.
  2. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Lol. Very much so bare bones. I'm sure a scholar of Marvel such as yourself could give a more interesting answer, or provide additionally lore. ;) :)

EDIT: Also you know me and my so called 'gift' for finding images...;) [face_laugh]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm very far from all knowing ( I have no problems admitting that in public, btw :p ), so there's that. LOL!! However, an image is worth a thousand words!! That was perfect. =D=

4. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    For those of you celebrating the Day of Turkeys, Gobble Gobble.

I'm in the process of cooking.

5. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Happy thanksgiving! :)

Major winds in our area again. Most likely going to lose power today. Sigh...

6. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @spacelady hope you and your family keep safe!

7. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Thank you! :) So far, it isn’t as bad as the last time! *crosses fingers*

8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I really need to pause playing Dragon Age Inquisition, it is such a drain of time and mental energy, but I love it... on the other hand it keeps me away from writing...

I keep telling myself I am going to play for an hour and then see that four have already passed. Last night almost went till morning and of course I am too drained to write... *sigh*

Sent from a secret Imperial Base

9. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Happy Thanksgiving All!

*scurries off to continue preparations*

10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

I know what you mean. I'm doing another playthrough myself as well. I forgot how long it takes to get things done sometimes lol.

darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    If it wasn't for our stellar benefits with childcare, I'd most likely would have been gone by now just because of that one person. But the benefits truly came in handy when our first daughter had extensive medical bills; it allowed us to keep the house, pay the medical debt down, keep our jobs, and pay the childcare.

When we were bought out at the end of last year (just before the pandemic hit) and went from private ownership to corporate ownership, most of us thought big changes were coming (I didn't and warned everyone, since I had worked corporate for 7 years before going private). Our benefit package was slashed for childcare (but I and several others were grandfathered in) and reset to industry norms for our field and we gained medical insurance. So the catch 22 is if I leave my job, I loose these amazing childcare benefits you can't get anywhere else and---it greatly helps---that I literally live on the backside of my place of employment, allowing me to walk to work everyday and save on wear & tear and fuel for the vehicle. If I don't leave, I'm stuck working while feeling undervalued and underused with my experience and qualifications.

I'm at the point to suck it up for the next 5 years or find a part-time job that gives me flexibility during the week to teach and raise my own children during the day (work late afternoons & night and avoid childcare costs) and the weekends off to work around my wife's work hours. Its finding that job willing to work with that limited availability (my wife starts work at 2am, so I can't do overnights).

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    2am!?? And here's me complaining I got home from work at 9.30pm last night. I need to toughen up ;) I see your predicament there, seems we live to work not work for a living. :(

darthbernael , Bravo and DarthIshyZ like this.
  13. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Alright, events are trying to prevent me from writing my main pc got unstable, so now I have to use the laptop though now will have to share the time with my father. The plus side is that I am more focused when I am on the laptop.

Only remains to be fixed the weird wifi connectivity issues my ISP will be sending people this weekend to investigate as the guy on the phone was baffled how when he fixes my connection it gets lost again when I connect a mobile device or my laptop.

In short I am tentatively positive that I can resume writing this weekend, now will use the opportunity to rest...

Sent from a secret Imperial Base

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Next to phone-based writing on that little keyboard..

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I went on a holiday with my parents two years ago and posted many RPG updates from the back of my parents car on my phone! It wasn't easy, but I did it! :p

Should mention I am not a child and going on holiday with your 78 year old dad driving you need to distract yourself so you don't see what's going on!!

16. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Well I have my laptop, so not a problem ;) just yesterday all that... drained me as I was sooo looking forward to posting at last.

17. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It's not an ideal choice, but I posted many RPG updates via mobile.
    Often required a bit of editing at times for format reasons.

Speaking of, I was thinking it might be fun to write some more this winter. Perhaps Saadi might be able to appear with the Sith again or maybe create a new character elsewhere?

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Winter? What is this Winter you speak of............was 104F here yesterday! :eek:

19. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Currently 0 degrees C here, right on the nose! Rudolph is cold.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    WELL DONE, in C! 40c yesterday, today was 35c, so a little better. Cool change came through and now 24c drizzling rain.

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That sounds like a brilliant idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    First big post is up. Hope y'all enjoy.

23. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    *Barges into the RPF*

Can you tell I was bored today? [face_laugh]

Also for @Nehru_Amidala

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  24. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Not to bring down a mood, but David Prowse, the man who stood as our Vader, has passed.

May he rest in peace. :_|:vader:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  25. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Some real legends have been lost this year. He will be missed. =((@};-

greyjedi125, Shadowsun and Kurisan like this.