main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Indeed he will. I met him at a convention a very long time ago.

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I just woke up, so I’m not bored yet.

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    darthbernael likes this.
  4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sad news. :( I met him many years ago at a local sci-fi convention---right as Disney took over, the year of or year after---here in Colorado (Starfest). And Peter Mayhew, Billy Deee Williams, and Timothy Zahn (I think all three on the same day if memory serves correct or maybe Lando was the year before or after... :confused:). Unfortunately, Peter was in unbearable pain and I only saw him hiding in a booth. David was grouchy and as anti-Lucas as you could get, BUT the conversation I had with him was memorable nonetheless (he's a really great guy to be around if you're not talking about Lucas). :) Lando I got an autograph, although he wasn't talking and kept sunglasses on the entire time (kind of ruined the "experience" of meeting him).

And I think it was the same year or year after I met Timothy Zahn for the first time (met him a second time in 2015, photo below). That's right, the man. The legend. The Zahn. :cool: But in all seriousness, all of these men are great people (maybe not Bill Dee... :p ) and its sad to see 2 of them now gone. :( I always wished I had a chance to meet Carrie Fisher (don't get me started, I'll cry). :_|

The Zahn and me back in 2015.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @Bravo,

I'm really happy that you got to meet these icons in Real Life. There is not much that compares or surpasses such an experience, that being said, I also ask you to consider these 'stars', for they are also people, who you met when they were older and not in their prime. All that to say, that there is such a thing as photosensitivity, and perhaps you could consider that 'Billy Dee-Lando Calrissian' still showed up despite his affliction. Poor Peter also showed up, but as you revealed, he was dealing with Real Life issues of aging. We often forget that these people are not indestructible, though we expect them to be- aside from meeting our expectations. They are vulnerable, like us; and despite their struggles, in their own way, they give back the love that we carry in our hearts for the wonder they have shared with us. Let us love them despite their imperfections, and remember them fondly while they are still with us.

Thank you for sharing your story my brother. Our love for Star Wars continues.

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @greyjedi125

Photosensitivity was something I did not think of. Interesting. [face_thinking] Well said Grey if that was the case for Billy-Dee.

7. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    We love it when your computer doesn't work.... *grumble* *grumble*

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

8. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    I feel that. My laptop that I had been working on decides to have the screen wig out at the weirdest time.

So now I'm on a different laptop, an older one... hopefully she stays well.

9. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Yeah...luckily I'm back at home so I can use the 'family' computer shudders. Ah just going to be a pain going to get it fixed...

darthbernael likes this.
  10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I still hang onto my older 2014 laptop because of this very reason. When I was going through my desktop computer upgrade through most of this year (started early 2020, ended August 2020), my computer kept going through these cycles of crashes until I replaced every last part (that last part being the motherboard---I milked my old 350 board until it just wasn't possible anymore). Once I upgraded to the 550 board and with everything else this puppy packs, I'm very, very pleased with my first computer build.

My last desktop was built by a buddy in 2013 and I ran that hardware all the way up through 2020. Most people I knew were amazed I was still using some of the old hardware I was and still getting the results I was getting with video editing (as an example).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Then I shall message you about Saadi rejoining the Sith RPG at some point soon if it fits the timeline. :D

12. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Well the timeline is a bit wibbly wobbly right now....so shouldn't be a problem... [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

13. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
  14. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I am sorry to those waiting for me to post, but am having some anxiety and depression issues and will hopefully resume posting during the weekend :(

Изпратено от моят SM-G985F с помощта на Tapatalk

greyjedi125, Bravo, spacelady and 5 others like this.
  15. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @TheAdmiral take your time and take care of yourself. [:D]

Please do not feel pressure from here - this is supposed to be just fun and games!

16. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I’ve met Tim Zahn also.

From AwesomeCon 2019:

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
  18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Apparently not, so sad that he felt the need to find sanctuary there, something must have happened to make him feel that way. :( They say Curious, but they also scare easily and the get confused rather easily.

TheAdmiral and darthbernael like this.
  19. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    @TheAdmiral, I’ve been majorly struggling as well. The past three months (whole year pretty much) have knocked me to my knees more times than I can count. I’m here if you need to vent.

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    He's a really cool person. :) Down-to-Earth and friendly. Willing to have a conversation with you, which means the world to me. They have all these fans and business obligations (not to mention a personal life outside their work), yet someone like Zahn still finds time to sit down and talk with you. Both times I met him, he gave me the time of day to just talk, him & I.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Family & health first. Everything else in life is secondary.

22. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    You know I've been thinking... A dangerous past-time I know...

But I'd probably be more apt to play in a game if it were new, like brand spanking new. Get it on the ground floor and take off.

Just thoughts I have through the day.

Until then I'll work on a post when I get home from work today for Harbingers.

23. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Oh there will be some choices, after the new year. I think several people are waiting for the end of the holidays and the burnout that comes from that before putting up new games.

Ducks head back down and returns to world building

24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    ....maybe...

Sent from my thingamajig using Tapatalk

25. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Lol...

Distractions, distractions, how am I ever going to get the elves right with that....

Kurisan, Shadowsun and greyjedi125 like this.