main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Hope in the Shadows~ K/J [mush] Chapter 22 up! *10/29* Fic Completed!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Sorry for the long wait, I've been kinda preoccupied . . . [face_blush]

Anyway I hope you enjoy the drama because its setting the next part up for the real angst . . .

Thanks to all who click![face_peace]

Enjoy!

[hl=white][color=darkblue][b]Chapter 18[/b][/color][/hl]

?Hey hun, how was class?? Asked Jaina casually, as she caught her son strolling down an empty corridor. She?d come to pick him up from his lesson, and instantly something seemed off. Before school he?d seemed to be his normal self, but now he seemed a little stressed, tense and quiet.

Shrugging, the boy replied absent-mindedly,
    ?It was okay, I guess.?

?You guess? What?s that mean?? Jaina gently probed. He didn?t answer.

Mother and son began to walk gradually out through the Temple hallways. Symon swung his bag onto his little shoulder, walking grudgingly and as slowly as possible. Jaina mentioned nothing about his mood and told him what they had planned for the weekend coming. The boy seemed interested but still distant to what his mother was saying.

Jaina was confused about Symon?s abrupt shut down. He was even trying to shield himself in the Force. What really alerted her, was how he was very much succeeding to shut people out, her included.

At one point they passed a large group of kids, similar to Symon?s age, they seemed harmless and cheerful. But Symon barriers hardened. Suddenly he walked faster and faced down, never once daring to make eye contact with any of the other children. After the group had passed, Jaina turned and stopped to stare at her son?s odd behaviour. He still refused to make eye contact with anyone, especially her.

?Sym, look at me.? Jaina spoke softly.

Symon?s nostrils flared as he took several deep heavy breaths. Stubbornly the boy shook his mop of dark hair and gazed awkwardly at his feet.

Gathering her patience, Jaina knelt down on one knee, so she was eye level with her son. His dark strands of hair continued to block her view of his face. She could hear his deep breaths beginning to quicken almost in dread of something. Comfortingly she placed a single hand on his small shoulder and squeezed. Still Symon didn?t look up.

?Sym, what?s wrong? Tell me what?s upsetting you.?

After a few seconds he finally whispered,
    ?Everything.?

?What is it? Please,? Jaina drew closer to him and said encouragingly, ?if you don?t tell me, I can?t help you. And I really do want to help you Sym.?

?I don?t . . I don?t fit in here.? Started her son shakily, ?They fear me.?

?Who? The other kids??

Sadly Symon nodded.

Little by little Symon raised his face to see his mother. As Jaina looked past the strands of brown hair, she saw the scared hazel eyes looking back at her. Tearful hazel eyes, strong, dark one?s so familiar to her own, gazed at her. Jaina sensed the hurt and anxiety Symon was almost achieving to hide.

Over the last few months Jaina had understood that he felt a bit like an outcast at times. But she never thought it really drove him to being so upset. Perhaps lately because of his muteness and moods the children and friends he?d made had been a bit cautious around him. Still despite knowing this, she wasn?t completely convinced.

Even though Symon had spoken truth, Jaina had a strong suspicion that that was just the tip of the star destroyer. Something else was bothering Symon, not just school, something closer to the heart was really causing him pain. But why wasn?t he telling her?

?Is that what?s really upsetting you?? Jaina couldn?t help but ask, ?That?s not all that?s worrying you, is it? I feel like you?re not telling me something.?

Symon hated it when people saw through him, but he should have known better with his parents. His mother was very observant, nothing would change that. He could feel her probes in the Force, she wasn?t forcing her way through his walls though, she was just trying to coax him out of his shell a little.

Seeing that he wasn?t going to escape the questions this time, Symon answered,

2. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    How could you leave me with such a cliffies?! *cries*

3. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Fabulous Update....the Durrons have some real trauma ahead! :_| First of all Symon feels weird and different in the Jedi Temple, home to hundereds of weird and different beings! But certainly the worse was Selena's mysterious problem....the next post is going to be kinetic. I can feel it.

BTW..."tip of the star destroyer".....nice touch to SW an American expression. =D= It hard sometimes to do that. very well written and exciting (in a scary way).=D=

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wow!!! =D=

I'm so scared for Jaina. And the kids... I hope things work out.

Great update, and I can't wait for more.. [:D]

FL @};-

5. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Ah, another cliffhanger. But it was a good one.

The part with Kyp and Selena was super sad. :_|

But he left to go take charge. I sure hope everyone comes out of this alright...

Really nice update! :D

6. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    whoa now Selena's getting the visions of doom too? this is seriously not good.

7. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

8. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Whats going on with JAina I thought she was with sym?

9. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

10. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    [face_blush] Sorry its taken so long, but I'm working on the next chapter now, so hopefully it'll be up within the next 3 days! Thanks to all who click!

11. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    yay i thought that this was dead...

PHGS Weyr

12. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    whoa..
    I finally got the time to read the whole fic...
    wonderful..:)
    Kyp and Jaina are so sweet together with her children...
    great mush=P~
    great angst...a crying Kyp
    What is happening to Jaina???

I would like to be on the pm list

13. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    PHGS_Weyr - :p Not dead! Just sleepin?!

Rosa-Belle - Thanks so much for taking a look at this fic! :) I?m glad you enjoyed the mush and the angst. As for Jaina . . you?ll soon see. You?re on the PM list, no problem.

Hopefully a long over due update will be up within a few hours?.

14. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Finally updated! Took me ages, lots of redrafts but its finally here...

Enjoy.

Comments welcome.

[hl=white][color=darkblue][b]Chapter 19[/b][/color][/hl]

The ringing continued but still she didn?t answer. Reluctantly Kyp snapped his commlink off and clenched his teeth in frustration. Why wasn?t she answering? Had something already happened to her? Where the hell was she?

Question after question haunted Kyp?s mind.

Through the busy Coruscant traffic he rapidly weaved his speeder in and out of the skylanes. As his vehicle dashed through the air, slipping and intertwining with other transport, he tried over and over to get in touch with Jaina in the Force. He was failing . . .

Beside him, in the passenger seat, sat an unconscious Selena. His precious daughter seemed stable for the moment. If she had another attack though Kyp wasn?t sure what he?d do. All he knew was that he wouldn?t be able to fly very well. He had enough distractions as it was.

As he pulled his red speeder to a halt at some lights, Kyp suddenly felt all the air escape his lungs. He gripped the steering controls fiercely as a wash of pain came over him. His emerald eyes burned almost and he winced in agony of it.

*KYP! WE NEED YOU!*

Came Jaina?s plea in the Force.

Her anguish was quickly becoming his own.

Unshed tears began to overwhelm his eyes as the hurt refused to leave.

*HELP ME! KYP! . . . I?M LOSING IT . . . .*

Exactly how he didn?t know, but he suddenly realized exactly what had happened and where. Winding down his side window, Kyp popped his head out and gazed down. Sure enough he saw black smoke and flames below; the dust and smoke boiled up into the atmosphere hotly. There had been a terrible accident on the lower level traffic lanes.

And Kyp dreaded to think of the results of such an incident.

Without any regard to the traffic lights or other aircars, Kyp throttled his speeder to full power and dived down to the lower levels, dangerously coming close to colliding with a selection of vehicles. His pulse raced and the Force bubbled around him, he was on a desperate mission, he had to get there in time. He couldn?t fail, like in his visions . . .

Abruptly he slammed on the breaks, pulled the aircar upright with a jolted tug on the controls and parked the speeder with a hard thud on top of a lower building complex roof.

The horrific scene before him sent his body into shock for several vital seconds. He blinked but the scene didn?t change. It was terrifying to see. He couldn?t believe it to be real. But it was.

?. . m-mum?? Selena whispered weakly.

Briefly, before he shot out of the speeder like a madman, Kyp turned to his daughter to find her still in a coma-like state. In spite of her state she could still sense what was happening. Perhaps it was good that she couldn?t see.

Not stopping for another moment, Kyp leapt out of the speeder and raced towards the flaming wreckage, which billowed thick clouds of smoke in all directions.

They?d crashed!

Jaina and Symon had been in a collision with another vehicle. The broken speeder lied in ruins hidden by the dark smoggy air, sparks of electrics could be heard, warmth from the blazing debris caressed Kyp?s skin, and the buzz and hum of still-ongoing engines droned in the atmosphere.

Smoke engulfed Kyp?s eyes, stinging them with heat and dust as he ran faster into the tragic scene. Loud echoing sirens sounded, getting more deafening as aid came closer. Red lights began to flash blurrily through the blackness.

Help had arrived, Kyp sensed it, but it didn?t stop him. He kept going through the fumes needing to rescue his loved one?s himself. He had to make it for them! He had to help them!

Quickly Kyp sprinted through the dark fog, stretching out his hands in front of him to feel for anything. Panic buzzed within his body, making his out-stretched fingers tremble and his feet move faster. It was happening. It was really happening . . . the vision!

Through the mist he hear

15. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Wow! Major plot twist. Can't wait to see what happens next.
    Great Job!

16. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

17. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    An update! :D

I was super happy to see a new post, and even more to see that Jaina's still alive!

But then there is that whole Symon thing.

I can't wait to find out what exactly is going on with him.

Nice job! =D=

18. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    whoa!
    what was that?
    great and strong chapter...
    they saved Jaina...
    but he can't go evil, now...

just wonderful

19. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :eek:

Wow.. that was a roller coaster of a chapter.

I'm glad that they saved Jaina but I hope that Sym is okay.

Great twist!! =D=

[:D]

FL @};-

20. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    so syms the dark man???????????

21. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    New here can you add mneto the P.M list?
    JR

22. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow! You really did put a twist there. first of all, who thinks of a Jedi getting killed in a speeder accident.?!?!?! Then Symon is the one with the red eyes!!!! :eek: It really probably isn't a good idea to cross the Duuron/Skywalker bloodlines! I think (hope) the boy will get over his little forey into the darkside. I mean how can Kyp fault him now? He saved his mother!

Kyp was distraught like a baby! :_| Here his daughters half dead and his son's freaking out and he's craddling Jaina uselessly. At least Symon knew enough to get the "job" done! ;) [A la Cade Skywalker]! :D

23. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

24. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    > An update coming soon, hopefully during this week, sorry for the wait, my WIPs have suffered due to writer's block with certain stories....

Thanks to all who read, comment and sneak...
    [face_peace]

25. Meshugenah

Meshugenah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    Holey mackerel!

I never would have pegged Sym as the "bad guy" here. Kyp was the one I thought of first, with his crazy protective streak, but now it really does make sense, especially when Sym said that he knew who the bad man was, and then he clammed up.

In short? I really like this, and could you please add me to your PM list?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.