main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Hope in the Shadows~ K/J [mush] Chapter 22 up! *10/29* Fic Completed!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005

2. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh dear! I was starting to wonder if Sym somehow was going to end up playing some part in this vision coming true. I mean, everything in the vision was happening, but there was one thing missing. The "sith" kind of problem that Kyp had mentioned but I never guessed that Sym would accomplish the thing that his great grandfather once wanted to do. That was just crazy! I'm a little nervous about where it's going to go from here on out.

So yeah, great story btw. The kids just crack me up (when they're not freaking out of course ;) ). I thought you played Logan's character very well. I was actually a little sad when it all ended for them. He was a good guy. I guess you could say he served his purpose with helping Jaina. I hope he finds himself a nice woman. ;)

All of the similarities between this story and the prequels is quite eerie, and ingenious. I mean, I was really scared for Kyp for awhile there, just wondering if things were going to happen the same way. You put in a lot of forboding and you never can really tell what's going to happen next. It's awesome!

So yeah, waiting for the next part. Hope it's coming soon! :D

3. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

4. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Finally a chapter up! [face_blush] Sorry for the wait...

Enjoy!

Comments welcome..

[hl=white][color=darkblue][b]Chapter 20[/b][/color][/hl]

There was an eerie silence. The medical centre in the Jedi Temple was virtually empty. Except for two patients, one medic and one Jedi Master?

It had been a very long 24 hours.

Sleep deprived and utterly exhausted, Kyp leaned sideways against a window. He folded his arms over his chest and frowned darkly at the scene before him.

In the next room, beyond the window, lied Symon. The unconscious boy was motionless; the only movement was the heave of his chest and occasional opening of his lips.

Kyp watched over his still son. Mixtures of emotions were pulsing through his veins.

He was angry at himself for allowing his loved ones to get hurt, and for allowing Symon to touch such consuming darkness. Sadness froze Kyp inside, as he thought about how he?d failed his family. Confusion fogged his mind as to how everything had happened, how he?d failed Jaina, how Symon had done what he did?

How the hell had Symon managed to . . . ?

His thoughts trailed off uselessly.

But like all his feelings and thoughts they eventually led back to the same conclusion, the same statement that rooted Kyp to the very spot on which he stood. It was stupid to think but it was true, it was painfully true:

Symon had brought back Jaina from the brink of death.

A part of Kyp wanted to rejoice at Symon?s incredible achievement. But another part of Kyp wanted to cringe with horror.

During those fateful moments, when Symon used every will of spirit to bring back his mother, the young boy had touched darkness so rich it had the potential to be fatal. Never had Kyp wanted his children to know such shadow. Yet by fate Symon had tasted it, his son wasn?t so naïve or innocent anymore.

As he gazed soberly at his sleeping son, Kyp couldn?t help but ache with uselessness. He felt so out of his element, so pointless. A good father should protect his children from the dark. But Kyp decided tonight that he was not a good father.

Maybe Symon and Selena would have been better off without him?

Kyp had known darkness; he?d thought it was in the past, that it was forever gone. But now as he stared at his vulnerable child, he realised the darkness never really left him or his life. It had followed him; it was tormenting him and everyone he loved.

Hesitantly, Kyp raised a hand and pressed his fingertips against the window. Thoughtful and sad, Kyp muttered to his son, though he knew the boy couldn?t hear him,
    ?Maybe you shouldn?t become a Jedi. You?ll only follow in your father?s footsteps??

?So sure of that are you?? Came a familiar voice behind him.

Recognising the voice, but too tired to bother with courtesy, Kyp remained where he was. His palm lied flat against the window, and his body was turned away from the person standing behind him.

Unshed tears lingered in Kyp?s emerald orbs as he stared at Symon. In a hush voice he answered,
    ?It would be for the best if neither of the twins trained to be Jedi? especially Symon.?

Luke Skywalker?s looked at his friend with cheerless blue eyes. He understood Kyp?s fear. The fear that your child could one day become the monster you?d been, dark and murderous. The fear that history could repeat itself. But fear shouldn?t stop Jedi from having children, raising them to be Jedi or otherwise.

Changing the subject momentarily, Luke asked,
    ?How is Symon doing??

?No change,? Kyp answered flatly, ?he won?t wake, he won?t respond, he just lies there.?

?And Selena??

?She?s okay,? Kyp rubbed his weary eyes and added distractedly, ?Han and Leia took her home, they?re watching over her, while I watch over Symon and Jaina here.?

?Jaina?s recovery is . . very impressive.? Luke stated carefully, ?Symon healed her extremely well.?

Hoarsely Kyp replied,
    ?She should be dead.?

?Do you wish her to be??

Bitter and swift to anger, Kyp bit back harshly,
    ?Of cou

5. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    Perfecto poor Jaina.
    JR

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Ugh. I'm speachless. That doesn't happen all too often, me being speachless.
    What a ride of emotions...

More, please? ;)

7. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Poor Kyp...:_|

That was amazing...I could feel every emotion. =D= =D=

I'm glad that Luke is going to train the twins....(Though, for some reason that worries me...but I know that's my own story's influence and profic's. ;) )

Jaina's reaction seems very real..:(

Great job and I can't wait for more... [:D]

FL @};-

8. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    =D==D=

wonderful chapter,

I could feel every single emotion

My poor Kyp, crying:_|

Good, that Luke is going to train them.

More, soon, please.:)

9. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    That was well worth the wait! Great job!!!!!!=D=

Kyp's angst is not unfounded, but probably over the top. The boy will probably be better off if his dad does not make too much of a fuss. And you can't not train the twins, an untrained Force sensitive with tat power is more dangerous than a trained one. but as i've said, probably smart that in the pro fic K/J never happened...it's just a dangerous combo of genes.

I don't trust Luke to train them...sorry Luke! [face_plain]

Poor Jaina, how much of death did she feel? Now she will be all worried and mentally troubled. Things have gone from bad to worse!!!!

Tis has taken a very dramatic turn and i like it! :D =D=

10. Meshugenah

Meshugenah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    Ok! Finally, a review that should go through (read: my computer doesn't like me).

I can't decide how I feel about Luke training the twins. I mean, untrained potential is scarier than trained, but Luke, much as it's awesome that he offered to train the twins, I can't help but feel that something is going to happen...

I loved the Kyp and Jaina scene -- mushy-wonderful!

11. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Why do I feel like Symon has only bought his mother borrowed time.

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I was thinking the same thing...

13. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Great fic! Glad I rediscovered it! Please add me to your PM list!

14. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    JainaRox - Poor Jaina indeed . . Thanks for clicking.

Ceillean - I?m glad to see I made someone speechless. :) More soon?

Flowerlady - Thanks! [face_blush] I?m glad you found it emotional. The twins will be in trouble no matter who trains them? Luke will be good and bad for their future, you?ll see.

Rosa-Belle - Thanks for reading. ;) Its interesting to see who likes and doesn?t like the idea of Luke training the young Durrons?

iamobiwan1970 - Thanks for your patience. [face_blush] . . . I?m not too certain about your argument, I agree and disagree, the twins being untrained would be dangerous, but even if they are trained they?re even more of a threat because they?ve learned to develop and control their powers. Maybe if they?re not trained and are oblivious to the Force they?ll never harness power or turn dark. You don?t trust Luke either huh? [face_thinking] This is all very interesting, I like what you think. :) I?m glad you?re liking this? thanks for reading.

Meshugenah - You have an off-feeling about Luke?s abilities to train the twins as well?! :confused: I like how people have mixed feelings about this issue? I?m glad ya enjoyed the mush, its what I like to write. Thanks for reading!

Handmaiden_Azul - No, no, no, there is no borrowed time, so that worry can be put to rest right now. Symon saved Jaina. Thanks for clicking?

TenelKaSolo - Thanks for reading! :) Sure, I?ll add you to the PMs.

15. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    that was a really good posty

Luke will train the twins. :cool:

Jaina's still weak [face_plain]

Sym's not awake [face_worried]

16. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    PHGS_Weyr - Thanks for reading, glad ya liked it. [face_blush] Everyone's worried I'm gonna do something terrible to the Durron family now, I'm not, honest, the worst is over..

17. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    i'm glad jaina is okay

18. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Alishu06 - :) I'm glad Jaina's well too..

19. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Sorry about the wait...

[This story is starting to come to its end, hope you've enjoyed the ride. Just a couple more chapters and its complete, thanks to all who've clicked, read, commented and followed this story, you guys and girls are great!:) ]

Hope you enjoy the next chapter! Mush and happiness coming up..

[hl=white][color=darkblue][b]~ Chapter 21 ~[/b][/color][/hl]

Machines beeped and droned beside the bed. Symon lay upon the mattress completely still, breathing shallowly. He?d been unconscious for three days now. Physically he was healthy but he still wasn?t responding to anything. He didn?t flinch at a loud sound or react to any medication given to wake him. The poor boy was just a motionless body.

As Kyp entered his son?s room, he asked the passing nurse about his condition.

Regretfully the woman answered,
    ?Sorry, Master Durron, there?s been no significant changes.?

Sadly Kyp went to sit on the edge of Symon?s bed. His little boy continued to dream, his pale face was serene and body relaxed.

?Hey kiddo,? Kyp whispered tenderly. He took the boy?s petite hand in his, it was limp and light in weight. It was lifeless, which made Kyp?s fragile heart ache.

He was terrified for his son. Every instinct in Kyp yelled at him to do something, to fix it, but Symon couldn?t be fixed. Symon had to come round by himself. Waiting for him to do so was getting more and more difficult.

?He?s still the same.? Jaina?s soft voice floated into the room, as she entered.

Mutely Kyp nodded.

She moved to stand beside him. Placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, she too gazed at their son. Worry came off Kyp in waves. It made him weary. He was very tired. Ever since the accident Kyp hadn?t been able to sleep very well. Last night had been a classic example. He?d tossed and turned, even trembled, with the nightmares he kept having.

When Jaina had asked about the nightmares, Kyp would just shrug and say they were nothing. It annoyed her that he wouldn?t share. But she had to let him breathe a little; it had been a tough few days, especially for him. He?d had to deal with so much.

?Be patient, Kyp,? Jaina said, squeezing his shoulder lightly, ?we?ll have him back soon.?

Glimpsing up at her, he responded,
    ?I hope you?re right.?

There was a moment of silence between them. The electric beeps echoed in the medical room. Slowly Jaina moved away from Kyp to sit on the one chair next to the bed. Focusing on Symon, she brushed a hand through the boy?s hair and caressed his forehead with her fingertips.

Distractedly watching her son, Jaina questioned Kyp,
    ?Were you ever gonna tell me about my uncle??

Kyp frowned,
    ?What??

Turning her knowing brown gaze to him, Jaina replied,
    ?I talked with my uncle. He mentioned something about training the twins. Care to explain??

Sensing her annoyance, Kyp returned defensively,
    ?I was going to talk with you about it -?

?When? When it suited you? When I found out??

?Don?t be like that.? Kyp interrupted, instantly irritated, ?I was going to tell you, when I thought appropriate. In case you haven?t noticed I?ve had other things on my mind.?

?Don?t get snappy with me; I have a right to be annoyed.? Jaina quickly retaliated, ?You and my uncle made a decision without me, involving my children -?

?Our children.? Corrected Kyp.

?Our children.? Jaina conceded only to argue, ?Therefore it should have been our decision, not yours and my uncle?s. Why didn?t I have any in put??

Huffing tiredly, Kyp eventually gave in,
    ?Alright, you?re right; I should have spoken with you about it. I wasn?t really thinking. But surely you don?t disagree with this decision. Luke will be a great tutor to the twins, you know that.?

?Did it ever occur to you, that I might want to train them myself?? Jaina said, her eyes serious.

Taken back by her question, Kyp turned to face her. He saw her disappointment in his decision. Honestly he?d never really considered training his own children; the idea

20. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    YAY for Symon!!!!!!! Yay for K/J mushiness!!!!!!! Yay yay yay!!!!!

Phoenix

ps. I got the first response!!!!
    pps. I'm baaaaack (again) since I only seem to get around here once school is in session...

21. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Gosh.... you're description of Kyp nearly had my computer shorting out from all the drool. =P~ Boxers, huh?!!:D

?Selena! We?re gonna have another brother! They?re smoochin? . . . again.?

Too cute!

Seriously another 10 on the K/J mushy scale from me. [face_love]

I'm sad this is almost over, but glad to savor every bit. Great update Mayo! =D=

22. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Yeah, that description of Kyp had me sitting here grinning like an idiot.
    I am sooo glad no one else is home. :D

?EWW!? Symon shouted, ?Mushy stuff!?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wonderful. ;)

Great Update! =D=

23. Rosalie

Rosalie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    =D=
    This is so great.

Symon is back!, yay.

And w00t for mush.
    =P~
    this description...

EWW!? Symon shouted, ?Mushy stuff!?

[face_laugh]
    Kids.
    Back to normal with them

24. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Another brother![face_laugh]

25. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    great post Mayo!

Thread Status: