main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Horizon Series: Zero Dawn (PS4) and Forbidden West (PS4/5)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JEDI-SOLO, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm fairly certain there'll be expansion/DLC material done.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

That'd be cool. So far the only DLC available are some weapons and new garb for Aloy.

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, if they have the ambition to do so, a Blood-and-Wine level addition requires serious time, but this looks to have sold very well so could make the case for that.

4. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I hope so. Wouldn't mind if it was something like Valley of the Yeti's in Farcry 4. Semi connected to the main story line but mostly stand alone. Plus it's own new world/map. of course much smaller than the main game map.

5. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Beautiful!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Thank you. Took that one wandering around Nora lands when I realized that from up high you could see the Transmission tower that's all the way by Meridian from where I was. Which was surprising to me. Not sure if you know what that tower is, so just in care I won't spoil it. But I will say it's a a very important place, and it looked cool to me to see Aloy staring across a great distance at it.

Ahsoka's Tano and Jedi Ben like this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The game really features the Open World aspect beautifully. When you climb up to the top of hills like that you really get a good vantage point of the world on a grand scale; and most of it is accessible.

9. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    New update is pretty awesome so far as photo mode goes. Loving the new poses.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Care to upload some? I'd like to see.

11. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Sure, here's one I took this morning messing around. Added the pose, expression, messed with the time of day, the focus, and added the logo at the top.

[​IMG]

Blue 5 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I like it :) I heard you can remove her headware for yet another look. It's really cool.

vw_jedi likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I keep looking at this online at Amazon, but there's 2 problems:
    • It's sticking around the £45 mark for new
    • It keeps going out of stock
    Which is Ok, I'm in no hurry but these clearly add up to one thing: The game keeps selling! Guerilla look to have a smash hit here.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I could've sworn the European PSN store had HZD discounted awhile ago; though it did no good for me since I'm here in the States.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh? Must have missed that, although given the size of PS4 games and that I can't sell them I don't buy many full games as digital.

16. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Really? Huh, that's unusual, digital games rarely go on sale, not when the game is so new (not to mention selling quite well). Even months later, when the physical copy drops by 30-60%, the digital is often still full price (which is why I prefer physical copies then).

Ugh, decisions- this one is more expensive (compared to Andromeda which has dropped to $40 on Amazon by now), but its out of stock on US Amazon too, and of course has much higher reviews (and definitely looks better). Considering Guerilla's previous claim to fame was Killzone (I think, which was a decent shooter game but not great from what I've heard), I'm very impressed HZD has turned out so well.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've only recently (within the past year) purchased full games from PSN as opposed to buying the physical copies. I've taken into account the fact that there's no difference in hard drive storage size for digital games vs. physical ones. What's weird is that even after you install the files from a physical game onto your PS4, you still can't play the game without the disk. Since I bought a hefty 3 Terabyte Hard Drive I'm not too concerned about space for the moment.

If HZD was available for a discounted price(at or around $30) on PSN, I'd consider purchasing it. Otherwise I'm still waiting for a good deal to get the Collector's Edition (with the Aloy statue).

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    We're a good 3 months on now and it's still selling either side of the pond and it's PS4 exclusive. Has to auger well for it.

Hmm, didn't realise that. In any case, I've the space - 2TB drive - it's very impressive that Sony made it so even I could swap the hard drive over! - it's far more crappy broadband that means it takes 2-3 days to download a 50GB game.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I bought the NYKO Data bank before the PS4 had the major update where you could swap the bigger hard drives. What is nice about it is I could swap it for a larger drive if needs be without much effort.

20. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    Horizon Zero Dawn is now in my Top 5 games ever. Best new IP in a generation. The combat and story are spectacular, and it may be the best looking game ever.

I love the art, too.

TX-20, Jedi Ben and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    My playtime on this game zero the past 2 months. This really sucks that I lost the will to play this beauty but one of the reasons I stopped is combat and lvling. I kept getting bogged down on the swarms. I don't like that there is no strength increase on lvling up. This game is about stealth and technique which has never been my favorite. I want to get more powerful as I go and smack things down but that isn't a possibility in this game. Hopefully one day I ll get back into it but as of now my interest is zero. :(

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Personally learning stealth and techniques as you increase your level just makes more sense than increasing power. I've played games, mostly RPG, where to me it gets kinda dull when you're more powerful than 90% of the enemies after having leveled up to the max. I like when the enemies are more powerful, but with games like HZD you have better ways of bringing them down. It's kinda like Tomb Raider in that sense.

23. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I hear this a lot. It's not to much to ask for even a .5 increase each lvl though. Just something to feel like progress is being made.

24. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Looks like its cheaper on ebay.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Er, yeah - one avenue I won't be taking as some bastard scammed me on a copy. Got the money back via Ebay's guarantee.

I'll just wait it out, not as if there's no other games to play in the interim.