main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Horizon Series: Zero Dawn (PS4) and Forbidden West (PS4/5)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JEDI-SOLO, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just like in the original game, it's always good to scan the machines to figure out the best way to take them down. Just hide in the tall grass, scan the machine, and it'll show the element strengths and weaknesses. I'm pretty sure Ravagers are vulnerable to fire; but it's also a good idea to focus your shots on the weapon on its back to remove it and use it against the machine.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah it may be easier out in the wild but it was a side mission when this Eclipse jerk literally unleashes it on you in a giant fight chamber so couldn't have much time to plan n scan y'know.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh yeah. I know some of those missions when you're at a relatively lower level can be unforgiving.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Custom-made clay figure from a local con. I've had this guy make other figures for me like Totoro and Demona in the past. So this time he did Aloy. I know it looks weird, but you've gotta realize he works on these with nothing but clay; and it's done in about an hour.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Finally furthered the story because it was feeling stale doing all the ? Marks. Got Aether, working on opening the arena. Ive been wondering where the hell an upgrade for my stealth armor was since I’m lvl 38 and have most of the map unlocked. Im still using the first blue +stealth/concentration armor because its my fav play style (RIP whistling and stealth strike play mode) and all of the settlements/ side quests are awarding warrior/mixed armor. So now i found it- The Arena. Just need to unlock it and grind the medals and i will have my first armor upgrade since the ******* game began like 80 hours ago on release day.

One side mission made me use a boltblaster after ignoring them entirely because a giant cannon felt out of place lugging around storywise. Never going boltblaster-less again. Took down my first stormhawk in about 30 seconds with it. 12/10, would boltblaster again.

Also have most of my trees fully unlocked now, except for 0 pts in the machine tree. Still seems pointless.

FatBurt likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

This looks neat!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Tbh I've only rarely used the boltblaster; and I'm pretty far into the game now (about 85% trophies unlocked). I'm kind of stingy with the shards; and the boltblaster uses those as ammunition, right?

The machine tree is good if you override them on occasion. Of course if you come across an Apex version than you can't override it anyway; and that's when you want your best equipment.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Update has arrived with new game +

Looks like I'm diving back in this afternoon

mobile drive by post

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Lol believe it or not, I still haven't finished the game. I'm so caught up in obtaining the best (Legendary) weapons and leveling them up to the max; even though I know I don't really need them necessarily to beat the game.

And it looks like New Game+ is only the start:
    Horizon Forbidden West: Major Update With New Game+, Transmog, And More Out Now

Transmog sounds interesting; apparently if you like a particular outfit for Aloy, you can swap the buff stats from one gear set into another. I know it's more of an aesthetic preference, but IMO it's certainly welcome. I know hardcore gamers appreciate the "Ultra Hard" difficulty. Even with buffed up stats and leveled up weapons and gear, I'm not sure I'd play that mode. I haven't played it in the original HZD game, and that's with obtaining the virtually invulnerable Shield Weaver outfit.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    This is where i still am. I just got the 3rd program, have like 60% map completion. Really love the coastline.

Ahsoka's Tano and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Do not feel bad about not finishing, the game is massive.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah it's extremely addicting; especially when you can
    fly

Jedi Ben and FatBurt like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Nah I'm still screwing around happily even at like 27 hours

Like I just woke up Gia and I'm like "ok, time to backtrack!" I still haven't gotten past the first cauldron which should be helpful for the next section of the map

Anyway, this was a few days ago but Not A Hoax, or Imaginary Story. Horizon Zero Dawn A Netflix Story!

(Well being Developed but I noticed in the fancy new Playstation Productions Studios logo in front of Uncharted they had Horizon/Aloy in the character montage which sort of implied they're going to make a thing based on the thing)

Shouldn't be THAT hard to screw up, can it? At most it may end up being Fetch Quest the TeeVee Series

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Jedi Ben and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I will pay no attention to any critics in advance of that series. Aloy has a spectacularly interesting story from the beginning, and I'll be the judge myself for how good it is. As I've said in the past, I'm extremely picky on any TV series; streaming or otherwise. But yet this will be one series I'm certainly excited for!

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So I've finished the game recently. I enjoyed it overall; the protagonists certainly resonate with you. Aloy notwithstanding, there's of course Varl, Erend, Talanah, and newcomers like Kotallo and Alva that bring their own personalities to light. Of course I have a soft spot for Talanah, who has her own story but IMO was all too brief.

While the final mission had its share of pretty awesome scenes (the one where Gaia let loose the army of machines to attack the Spectors and Zeniths was EPIC!), overall it kind of felt a tad rushed to me. In a sense you fight two primary boss battles, one with Erik, and one against Tilda in a "Prime" version of a Spector suit. Neither are all that difficult when playing in either easy or Normal mode. I remember in HZD, the final mission had you fighting off waves of machines coming at you from all sides. Granted you weren't fighting alone, but at least that gave you a some more time to take down machines using everything you'd learned from the game to that point. It kept you busy for sure. Of course my favorite moment was when Zo got payback on Erik for killing Varl. That was sweet. The antagonists (minus Tilda) were kind of dull IMO. At the end of the day, they didn't seem to put up much of a fight. I'm wondering where the game goes from here. Will Aloy go back to the Nora lands and/or Meridian? It would be awesome to see Zo visit the Nora lands, with Varl's baby to meet his family. If there will be a DLC (hopefully), I'd imagine it wouldn't necessarily be a follow-up to the main game but serve as a supplement to it, like Frozen Wilds was for HZD. I've already gotten 95% of the main game with all possible trophies; I believe all I'm missing are some of the trivial collectors items like datapoints and the like.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    There was an update on the game a few days ago; nothing really added to the game, outside of some updates to visuals.

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Erm a pretty important update though. A 40fps performance mode is great.

19. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Finished the penultimate quest in the main story line and can fly now! :D

Before I head into the finale, I did a couple of Arena challenges and purchased myself the Nora Thunder Warrior legendary outfit. Now I'm grinding to get it fully upgraded, as well as getting all my weapons fully upgraded.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You will be a while at it, the final upgrades are bastards to get but worth it.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Do you have a favorite weapon to use? I went through the whole game without really having used the spikethrowers at all; and only afterwards when I got the Legendary one and fully upgraded it did I realize how valuable it is.

22. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I like to keep it safe, so sharpshooter bows, particularly for tearing off components/weapons. Hunter bows - classic, especially with the skill to load 3 arrows at once. And spikethrowers. Exploding spikethrowers are the best. :D

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You mentioned you've already been working on the Arena challenges. As you earn the medals (which is the currency for the Legendary items there), I'd highly recommend saving for the weapons like the ForgeFall.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that I have finished the new Spider-Man games and I actually got those for free I might have to give these a try. I already have it just haven’t gotten around to it.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Play them in order of:

H:ZD
    H:ZD: Frozen Wilds
    H: FW