main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotel Block Registration

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    This may have already been posted here (and I apologize if it was): Did anybody recognize that your hotel discount code was the same as your Gen Con badge order number?

I just realized that a few minutes ago when I was going thru all of my Gen Con e-mails again.

Thanks.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    We're getting way off topic again here, folks. Opinions about who's who and where they'll be staying are fine, but that's not what this thread is all about, is it?

3. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Absolutely right, and I apologize for contributing to that derailment! Let hotel madness recommence.
    MCP

4. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Are we suppose to answer that last question or just assume it was rhetorical? [face_dancing]

Let's move the "who's coming" conversation over to the who do you want to see at CIV thread. Move along. Move along

5. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    We did end up getting our hotel. 24-29 at the Westin. There will be about 14 of us from The Tidewater Alliance. Only problem is that the westin is booked out of double bedded rooms on the 23rd, but we talked to the manager and they will be squeezing us all in single occupancy rooms for the one night. >_<

-Larame Kaine

6. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Cool. I'm glad to hear it.

So it looks like everybody at least got a room. Some didn't get exactly what they wanted, but hey, I was like 6 blocks away at CIII. I'm 8 blocks away now.

This was a good day people

7. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I just have one question. Why does the Holiday Inn say they have rooms from the 24-27, when the con is from the 24th to the 28th?

8. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    We shouldn't have to worry about the distance as long as we're in the vicinity since they have a shuttle service to and from the convention at most hotels. I'm just glad we got the rooms. >_<

I may have to sell a few organs on the black market to pay for it but, thats a different story altogether. =P

-Jaina

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I got into the Holiday Inn now. Earlier I posted I could not, but I finally able to get in. I did have a reservation at the Figueroa Hotel, but the rooms were very small and my kids needed room to play on the floor. I would have personally loved to stay there, but my kids come first.

Also, a little birdie told me that Celeb's will be staying at the Holiday Inn. I found this out from a source working with the convention.

Anyway, hope to see ya all at C4.

10. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Well, I got a room booked at the Sheraton, :). I'm so excited am I'm so glad I choose this to be my first big convention for something that I've loved for years. I can't wait to see everyone there! :D

11. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Nooooooooooooo o maker of Fig badges! You have forsaken us!!!!! :D

And don't believe everything you hear -- there will likely be 'official disinformation' given to throw people off the scent.

MCP

12. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Nah...I will still come over into your bar to meet you all. I feel terrible, but my kids have to come first. I am still making all the badges, but now they are going to be available to everyone. So do not fret, I love all the support and you guys will love them too. I cant wait...just hope I make it there!!!!

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Amidala, your Jedi presence will still be felt at the Fig regardless if you stay there. We all hope we get to meet you in person sometime during the C4 festivities!! =D=

14. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    I have a question: I was going back into my Confirmation page (you type in your Confirmation #, e-mail and zip on the main GenCon Hotel page and you can bring it up) and it said that my hotel accepts changes until sometime in April. Does this mean that I can change the amount of days I stay there? I saw the option to change days, but I was afraid I'd mess up my reservation (Website programming makes me paranoid).

The reason being because I was only able to book through the 28th and I may want to stay an extra day, instead of leaving for the airport that night after the Con. When I was booking hotels, I was only able to get in for the hotel I wanted if I chose the 3 person room from the 23rd through the 28th.I tried getting in for other days and it wouldn't let me so I just chose this option.

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    You should be able to, as long as your hotel has the space.

16. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I didn't wait for the housing code. I went to the Holiday Inn City Center site and registered early and got a better rate then the convention rate. I'm paying 159$ per night and am staying from May 21st-31st. I can't believe I got a room at the Holiday Inn!! At C III I was miles away from the convention center!

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We got a room at the Wilshire Grand. Heck yes.

(Sorry, Helen, but your couch is free now!) ;)

18. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Cool! I call Helens couch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.