main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotel master list

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Sorry to have to have a change :( the Quality Inn Plaza somehow lost my reservation... thank goodness for backups!! We'll (me and my husband) will now be at the Clarion Inn. Sorry for the mix up...silly QIP personnel...

Man that map is looking great!! THANKS so much! I've got like several print outs that we can go by for walking about, eating, and also getting stuff from Walgreens if we need them. Thanks so much!! [:D]

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's changed, and it was no problem.

And good idea about printing out the maps.

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Did you book on yor own or through Celebration web site?

4. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Map should now be fully up to date. Let me know if you see otherwise.

5. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks so much! :)

Yeah I booked it on my own back in late Dec/early Jan. Probably didn't keep when it became the new year I guess. Glad I happened to check for it! Also glad at least Clarion's kept! Sadly I had to break that one in half because my hubby and I decided to stay a few days past the con. :D Might as well, right? Enjoy the area too!

Wow hope to meet you guys while there! Gonna be exciting. I've never been to FL so yipee, right? [face_batting]

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I called the hotel to ask if I was in the System and they told me that non of the reservation made through Celebration will show on the computers until 2-3 weeks from the date you have the room booked for. Keep that in mind , I will call back close to the con to make sure . Im sure it will be find though.

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    That's kind of scary... I hope yours is there! A few weeks prior to the event might be too late to find out if they happened to drop anybody's reservation on accident. I gotta have concrete confirmation, otherwise I worry too much. LOL But that's juz me. I'm sure their systems are adequate and up to par for all that kind of stuff, but man, I've juz gotta have the word and see it. I know it's a lil strange, but that's lil ole me! 8-} [face_laugh]

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I know what you mean, I am the same way. I'll probably will call back in late July just to see if I get a different answer.

9. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Another reason why I'm glad I didn't wait for the official room blocks and booked on my own.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just got a e-mail from the hotel block staff. They said the hotel's would be notified of reservations on July 21.
    Keeping my figures crossed that mine is good.[face_praying]

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, we went ahead and did it. We took advantage of the offer Disney had listed for the convention and we will now be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter Aug. 11th-16th.

We're saving $100 off of the regular Disney package price, so we couldn't pass it up!

EDIT: Went ahead and updated the first post.

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I notice Friday night that most of the Hotels in the housing block went down by $10 a night, although the Peabody is still $139.
    Im at the Hampton and it went from $109 per to $99 per.
    Everyone might want to check and see if your room went down too.

13. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I finally booked my hotel. My son and I are at Quality Inn Plaza. Not too far from the Convention Center, plenty of restaurants nearby, shopping mall across the street, and a great deal for the days following the convention when we're visiting Disney and Universal.

14. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I'll check my hotel to see if the rate dropped also.

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Updated with CarolynNC

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I had this question so I thought maybe others would too.
    I wanted to know when our CC would be charged the "One Nights Rate" deposit if you RSVP through the Celebration room block.
    I just got a e-mail from them. Your CC will be charge 2-3 weeks before your arrival date, Was the answer I got.

Eric

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Updated with the people from the Calgary FF.

18. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I just called OnPeak's customer service department to confirm my hotel reservation with the Peabody Orlando. Everything is in order (thank god).

They will be sending over the reservations to the Peabody on Aug. 3rd. Not sure if this date is just for Peabody reservations or for all reservations made thru OnPeak.

I would recommend calling OnPeak (1-866-385-4836) and confirm your reservation/sending date.

You'll need your CV Attendance ID for them to pull up your reservation.

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I wonder how these hotels know not to overbook if they aren't getting the RSVP until Aug!?

20. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    The organizers of the event (i.e. Reed) would have worked directly with each hotel to have each of them set aside a block of X number of rooms that are exclusively for CV people when booked through the official system. This is how they can get the lower rates for the rooms since they are essentially guaranteeing a certain amount of business to go to these hotels. Usually, that block expires a certain number of days prior to the event so that the hotels can then try to sell any remaining rooms from the block to the rest of the general public (remember, we are talking about Orlando in summer...they can't hold ALL of their rooms for CV).

21. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Just as a quick heads-up, I had also sent OnPeak an e-mail confirming my hotel reservation. They replied back stating that the reservation details would be sent over to the Peabody on July 21st, which seems to be in line with reservations made at the other hotels.

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Geo3 and I are moving over to Rosen Centre hotel!

23. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    list updated

24. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Map updated too!

25. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I have two extra rooms on hold at the Embassy Suites if you need them...just PM me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.