main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Some of these prices are getting out of control.
    remeber that is $200.00 a night/$200.00 dollars
    that you cant spend at the Celebration.I fixin
    to sleep in the parking lot.

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I can understand $200+ for rooms in the Marriott and Embassy Suites but the Comfort Inn? That is outrageous.

Yep this better be one nice Comfort Inn

3. CreatureCreator

CreatureCreator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2001
    I have to have a connection that I can walk straight into the convention center from the hotel as short a distamnce as possible. Costume logistics...

4. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I think many of us who book rooms now just want to have a back up, and are prepared to change if we get a better deal later on.

That's exactly what I did. I also reserved a room at the Comfort Inn. Mine came in at $150 a night, but I will definitely switch it up if a better rate thru the fan club comes down.

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for C2, and it was wonderful. About a 15-minute walk, but worth it.

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Here is a list of the hotels that were available for C2 & their Fan Club rates. I don't know if the same hotels will have rooms available for C3 through the fan club, but given the success of C2 & the amount of hype that C3 is getting, I would assume there would be the same number of hotel rooms available or more:

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown - Skywalk to the Convention Center
    WWW.marriotthotels.com/INDCC
    $138.00 Per Night

The Westin Indianapolis - Skywalk to the Convention Center
    WWW.Westin.com
    $159.00 Per Night

Embassy Suites - 2 Blocks from the Convention Center
    WWW.Embassysuites.com
    $139.00 Per Night

Omni Severin Hotel- 2 Blocks with Skywalk to the Convention Center
    WWW.omnihotels.com
    $134.00 Per Night

Canterbury - 2 Blocks with Skywalk to the Convention Center
    WWW.Canterbury.com
    $155.00 Per Night

Adams Mark - 2.5 Blocks from the Convention Center
    WWW.Adamsmark.com
    $133.00 Per Night
    $148.00 Per Night 705Sq. Ft Suites!
    $305.00 Per Night 1100Sq Ft Suites!

Courtyard By Marriott - Across the street for the Convention Center
    WWW.Courtyard.com/INDDC
    $122.00 Per Night

Raddison - 2.5 Blocks from the Convention Center
    WWW.Raddison.com
    $135.00 Per Night

Comfort Inn - 2 Blocks from the Convention Center
    WWW.ChoiceHotels.com
    $115.00 Per Night

Hampton Inn - 2 Blocks from the Convention Center
    WWW.HamptonInn.com
    $121.00 Per Night Single
    $131.00 Per Night Double

As you can see, there were plenty of Hotels to choose from. If I remember correctly, the Marriott booked up first.

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Awesome...I'm always asked what the FC rates were, who had rooms, etc, etc, and since I didn't need a hotel, I never bothered to copy that info down...well, I'm copying it down now, giving credit where credit is due of course. :D

7. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    wow, i stayed at the courtyard and remembered its rate, but i didn't know so many of the others were so cheap!

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    A friend of mine and I have rooms booked at the Westin. We got them before the Westin closed reservations. When we went to C2, we booked our rooms and flight months before tickets went on sale and when we checked on prices after the ticket sale the room rates for our hotel doubled! Hopefully we are able to keep our Westin reservations. I expect the prices to climb again.

9. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Will they also release admission tickets to fan club members first? A hotel room without a ticket to get in is not worth much! Where do they put up the cast and crew members?

10. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I don't think it makes any difference who gets admission tickets first. Fan Club members will again probably get a special Lanyard to identify them so that the doors open earlier for them. I wouldn't worry about them running out of tickets within the first 6 months at least. I don't believe they are going to put a limit on admission tickets. Just don't wait until the last minute or they may run out of the ones they have printed. Then you'll have to wait and get them at the will call counter. Which means, that you'll stand outside for hours to get in the building, then you'll have to stand in another line to get your badges. Believe me, you'll be standing in enough lines as it is over the course of the convention. If you can help it, DON'T DO WILL CALL.

As far as the cast & special guests accomodations, I believe they were staying at the Mariott last time, but that doesn't mean they will stay at the same place this time.

11. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    I just want to go.

12. Toydarian_Valet

Toydarian_Valet Jedi Master star 1

Oct 11, 2000
    Most of the autographers stayed in a hotel on the north side of town and were bused in each day. I heard where they might stay this time around, but I'm not going to promote that rumor.

Many of the C2 staff stayed at the Westin & as far as I know, Anthony Daniels stayed at the Cantebury (sp?), which is where I would expect celebs in town to stay.

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, I'm passing on my tip of the day.

Best Western City Centre -- Best Western

Check out the picture -- you can see the RCA dome in the background! This hotel is behind the convention center, so probably a ten minute walk to the doors (maybe less, even). The hotel wasn't built until 2002, don't think it was open at the time of CII.

Standard room $129 per night, and if you have any kind of a discount card (AAA, corporate connection) it's cheaper than that. I booked a suite with a kitchenette for $134 a night -- you can't beat that with a stick. Plus they have free parking for one car, and they offer Continental Breakfast. Nothing fancy, just sweet rolls and coffee, but that's enough for me.

If by chance my room is cheaper through the CIII Housing Bureau, I'll make the change. But for right now, this is a good deal.

14. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    ValedaKor,

Thanks so much for the tip!
    I just UPgraded my room at BW to a King/Queen/Sofa bed
    room for the same price as a king bed only at the Adams Mark.
    :) :)

15. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Wow those rooms at the Best Western went fast...

I did the same thing you did, Echo-3. I had a room at the Embassy Suites for 200, and now I've got that king/queen/sofa room at the BW for 125.

Corporate rates rule.

I checked that last nite just casually thinking about changing and now most of the rooms are gone. I knew I shoulda gotten that room with the jacuzzi last nite...

I'll keep my reservation at the Embassy for now just in case I might change my mind again or if the rates go down, but I'll probably stick with the BW. It's a good location-- not as good as the Embassy tho-- and it's cheap.

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Yep...My room mates for the weekend will enjoy not having to sleep on the floor :) cause you now with just the king size bed at the Adams Mark all of them would have sleeped on the floor :)

17. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    ha yeah now all I need to do is get a couple more roommates ;)

18. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Thanks ValedaKor for the great tip!
    Got a room now just in case the package is more expensive. Thanks again :D

19. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Okay, I haven't had time to search for hotels yet, school's been horrenous. Any still open? And does anyone know about the 501st block that i've heard about?

20. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just did a surch for you at the new best western and now they are booked full but do have rooms for Sunday,but that might not do you much good.

Adams Mark Downtown 1-317-972-0600 - Does not have C3 in their system yet....will only book 1 year in advance.

Marriott Downtown 1-317-822-3500 - Will only accept reservations 50 weeks out.

Raddison Downtown 1-317-236-2558 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

The Westin - 1-317-262-8100 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Comfort Suites - 1-317-631-9000 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Hampton Inn - 1-317-261-1200 - Will only accept reservations 1 year

21. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Does anyone know if you can reserve a room at any of these places online?

22. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Online reservations?

My guess would be all of them......unless they still have rooms blocked off and show no vacancy. In case you couldn't do it by phone either.

23. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    This has nothing to do with Hotels, but I read in another forum, that there is going to be a "half day" on Thursday. Is this true? Did they do that at the last one? If anyone knows, please fill me in!

24. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yes, it starts on Thursday, and no, there were only 3 days for Celebration 2. I think the impression people have is that Thursday will be a half day, but obviously they haven't released a time schedule yet.

I think that Thursday will probably be an uneventful day, mostly to start later and to get everyone their tickets for the weekend, and then give a preview of things to come for the rest of the weekend.

25. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    they should have a half day on Wed.and a full day on Thur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.