main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels = Planets.

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    We should get an admin or city rep/moderator to help label the numerous hotels as SW Planets. From reading all the threads of were we are all staying in 4 weeks, wouldnt it be fun to say Im staying at BLANK Hotel/Motel =Geonosis, etc. I'm staying at the Embassy Suites. Could that be close enough to be Yavin? I think the Celebration should be called Courscant since its a big city and we will all be meeting in one spot and is the center of the galaxy. Anyway, I think it would be fun to officially name each hotel due to closeness like planets. Even the 10 mile away places as outerrim planets. Anyway, I thought it would be fun. If we can get it going, we would see eachother at the Celebration and people would ask"" Where are you staying?" "I'm staying at Hoth." Just thought it would be fun for us.

2. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    I like this idea! Actually, we're planning on having each of our four rooms at the Comfort Inn & Suites be named after Star Destroyers. I'll be staying in the SSD Arkham suite, and we'll also have the ISD Malevolant, ISD Forbidden, and ISD Knightfall. If we end up filling our remaining two suites, we'll also have the ISD Obelisk and ISD Juggernaut.

Anyway, who's going to figure out which hotel is which planet? With the Imperial contingent staying at the Comfort Inn, I'd say we should be an Imperial planet. If the convention center itself is Coruscant, then I guess "Imperial Center" is out for us. And although it's no planet - or small moon - we could be the Death Star.

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    maybe you guys should be the Death Star. =) GMJ, I say you should be at least a dignitary and start naming hotels and see if maybe Sebulba-X can make this official. How fun. Can my Fiance' and I come see you guys? PM me and maybe we acn exchange cell #'s or something for when we get their.

4. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I think this is a great idea! It would be fun to tell people your staying at Yavin, Tatooine, or whatever. I don't think it matters whether or not Imperials or Rebels stay at the hotel. You can always have prisioners on your planet or a small garison positioned on that planet (hotel). Yeah, see if Sebulba-X can make it offical!

5. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Great, I'm happy to see you guys are behind me. Since I came up with the idea, can I have a role in it? Can I be the govenor of my planet??

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Okay, since no one's chosen one yet, I choose my hotel's name:

Days Inn = Tatooine

Why? Because it's 8 blocks away from the ConCenter- the outer rim. ;) I was thinking Naboo (it's on the outer rim too) but I like Tatooine better. :D

So, that's the first!

EDIT: Spelling.

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    better let Sebula know. I asked him to cordinate this, well help make it more official. But I can live with that since you were the first. I want Yavin for Embassy suites.

8. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Westin = Coruscant :D

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    A hotel that is 8 blocks away considered on the outer rim?

I feel sorry for those of us who weren't so quick and got a hotel that was 10 minutes or more away (driving). I guess that would make us on "Earth", since Star Wars takes place in a "galaxy far, far away".

(Ok that sounded lame)

10. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm claiming Alderaan for the Adam's Mark hotel, two blocks away. Makes some sense since they both start with A.

John

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    This sounds like fun...I'll be offline due to work for about a day and half, so I'll let this pick up some steam of it's own, let you guys duke it out for plantery naming rights, then I'll organize something a little more official later this week.

Of course, anyone staying in a hotel on or outside of I-465 would be considered the collective Outer Rim. Whoever lays claim to the hotel furtherest away from downtown gets Tatoonie...in honor of Luke's whinning. Technically, whichever hotel has the most people staying in it should be Coruscant, though that might be hard to prove. Everything else is up for grabs, besides the one's already claimed, if that's what you want.

Regardless, you'll probably only find me in the Cantina...whether I know which planet I'm on or not won't really matter. lol

12. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    this is a great idea!

I love it! :D

13. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    lol, what a good idea.

Budget Inn = Hoth

i find hoth the most fitting

14. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Well, if you have ISD suites at your hotel, then call it Kuat, in honor of Kuat Drive Yards, one of the great suppliers of ships to the Empire in the expanded universe. I'd be thinking of calling the Omni Tatooine, since I've heard that a few collectors are planning to stay there. Why? Because you'll never find a more wretched hive of..... on second thought, maybe not. :D

I'd say the Courtyard by Marriot could be called Correllia, with the privateers who didn't get in to one of the WoTC hotels staying there thanks to Chicago Fan Force. In a sense, it could be said that Chicago Fan Force was smuggling them in. ;) I'm not sure what the Hyatt would be, Bespin perhaps? Perhaps Corescant could be the name for one of the hotels that joins the convention center rather then naming the convention center itself. Because everybody would be going to Corescant, but nobody would be staying there if it were named after the Republic core world. I would say then that the Hyatt would be the prime Corescant candidate for its most expensive rooms.

Other name candidates include:

Dantooine
    Anoat
    Kashyyk
    Endor (but who wants to stay at the Ewoks hotel?)
    Naboo
    Sullust

I would suppose if the hotel that was farthest from the convention wasn't called Tatooine, then another name candidate would be Kessel or Stars End. :D

15. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Okay, Warning, this is probably going to sound lame - but here goes.
    First off I think its a great idea about the planets.
    I hope it takes off it would be alot of fun.

No one has staked a claim for the Omni yet -I personally like Endor - I love Ewoks!
    Cute and cuddly!
    I suppose if there has to be any logic or reasoning why Omni should be Endor?......
    Omni is one of the VERY few hotels in the area that has a great kids program...

So let the little guys get Endor. :)
    (I warned you it would sound lame)

anyhow thats my vote !
    Omni = Endor

MTFBWY
    Strawbary

16. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Kuat is a good idea, JMChladek! Another one I thought of for the Comfort Inn & Suites is Bastion. For those of you who haven't read the novels, Bastion becomes the Imperial capitol after Coruscant falls to the Rebels. As the Empire loses control of more and more of the Galaxy, Bastion remains the core stronghold of the Imperial way of life.

Can one of you guys in Indy (or somebody else with a comprehensive list) post a list of all the main hotels around the convention center? Then we can take suggestions for names for each... narrow them down... and come up with the "official" list.

Shame that nobody except those of us on these boards are going to have a clue what we're talking about when we say "Oh, I think we're going to go visit k3po at Yavin" or "I think they're having a party tonight at Bastion. Let's go!"

:D

17. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I think Embassy Suites should be Tatooine because it's got the free happy hour. What better place to have the Mos Eisley Cantina? ;)

18. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    this is a great idea...

my vote:

Econolodge South = Kashyyk

Wookies rock and Mayhew is the bomb!

19. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    OK. Hopefully I didn't screw this all up.
    I'm not from Indy, I just happen to be an insomniac with nothing better to do. And I figure I'd do something to contribute around here. This is a list that I compiled from the message board and from the handy-dandy map that Sebulba-X so kindly posted on here. Sorry if your hotel isn't on here, it's not intentional. So, here we go:

Indiana Convention Center - I know this isn't a hotel, but it seems like this is gonna the place we spend most of our time. That's why I think it should be called "Coruscant", seeing as how it was the home of the Senate, the Jedi Order and Temple, the Sith, the Empire, etc etc.

Courtyard/Residence Inn by Marriot (320 North Senate Ave)

Adams Mark (120 W Market St)

Radisson Hotel (31 W Ohio St)

Embassy Suites (110 W Washington St)

Courtyard by Marriot (501 W Washington St)

Marriot Hotel (350 W Maryland St)

Westin (50 S Capitol Ave)

Hyatt Regency (1 S Capitol Ave)

Days Inn (401 E Washington St)

Canterbury Hotel (123 S Illinois St)

Hampton Inn (105 S Meridian St)

Omni Severin (40 Jackson Pl)

Crowne Plaza (123 W Louisiana St)

Comfort Inn (530 S Capitol St)

Econolodge Downtown (1530 N Meridian St)

Econolodge South (4505 S Harding St)

Super 8 Motel (4502 S Harding St)
    The Econolodges and the Super 8 Motel are outside of the interstates, so those and any other hotels out there, or people in Indy staying at their houses could be considered the Outer Rim. Sorry if this crushes anyones thoughts/votes/opinions; it's just my two cents.

20. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Wow, thanks for compiling that, ZeroCool! Now let the naming begin!

My nominations for the Comfort Inn & Suites:

Death Star
    Bastion
    Kuat
    Carida

21. K3-PO

K3-PO Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    I want Yavin for the Embassy Suites.

I love the Star's End idea for the furthest away.

It will be ashame though that only us here will know what we are all talking about. Its still fun though.

22. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Renaissance = Corellia
    :D :D :D

23. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I like the idea for having the Comfort Inn & Suites as the Death Star! So long as it doesn't explode!

24. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Note to self: Seal off all exhaust ports at the Comfort Inn...

25. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    My vote still stands - Omni = Endor

;)
    Strawbary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.