main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [House M.D.] I Saw Her Today At The Reception - Fanfic Summer Olympics - Cuddy Decathlon

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by amidalachick, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: I Saw Her Today At The Reception
    Characters: Lisa Cuddy, various
    Genre: Various
    Notes: This is one of my entries for the Fanfiction Summer Olympics. I've been wanting to dabble in some old familiar fandoms again and this seemed like a good way to get my feet wet. :D

This will be a House M.D. decathlon featuring one of my favorite characters, Lisa Cuddy. The title for this collection is taken from "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones. Below is a list of events that I'll keep updated with whatever I manage to complete. :p For full details on each event, see the main Olympics thread.

Thank you so much to @devilinthedetails for hosting this fun, creative challenge! I can't wait to read what everyone comes up with. [:D]

Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoy! :)

Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

400 Word Cross Country

110 Word Hurdle: Ain't It Time We Said Goodbye

Prime Time Coverage

1500 Word Dash

100 Word Sprint: I Know A Thing Or Two About Her

AU Archery

Fantastical Fencing

4x100 Relay

200 Freestyle: Making A Difference

Single Sentence Shot Put

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: Making A Difference
    Characters: Lisa Cuddy, Rachel Cuddy
    Notes: Written for the 200 Freestyle. The title was kind of slapped on at the last minute so it's not that great but I'm not going to worry too much over it. :p

Honestly I was surprised that Cuddy was the first one to speak to my muse for this challenge! But I'm not complaining. [face_laugh] House M.D., both the show and the character, was literally life-changing for me and I know that might sound kind of shallow and silly but it's true. So to be writing in this fandom again makes me so happy!

I was also surprised that this turned out to be 200 words, but I was hoping to be able to finish maybe the single sentence and one of the drabble events, so I'm already ahead of the game! [face_laugh]

I think that's all the notes for this one. Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy! :)

Making A Difference

Lisa Cuddy, on her office door and on the degrees hanging neatly on the wall, is followed by the two letters M.D.

She is a doctor. But she doesn't feel like a real one, not anymore.

She works in the clinic when her schedule allows, but it's minor, routine, sore throats and sprained ankles. It's not the crises of the ER, not the complicated puzzles in Diagnostics. She sees patients in her office, but she heals wounds of a different sort there. Her role is to smile and soothe hurt feelings and settle complaints before the lawyers get involved. It's been a long time since she made a difference in anyone's life.

But one spring Sunday she takes Rachel to the park. One moment her daughter is running, carefree and happy, the next she's on the ground, crying over a skinned knee.

She takes Rachel in her arms, tells her it's okay, kisses away the tears and the pain. When they get home, she washes and bandages the cut.

It's minor, routine.

But Rachel's arms are around her neck and she says "I love you, Mommy" and she might not be a real doctor anymore, but she's made a difference.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Nothing like a child to remind a woman of her importance!! [face_love] Lovely!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see House and friends
    Cuddy is one of my favorite characters and I like to see more of her

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    No matter what else has happened in a day, that I love you mommy makes everything better. =D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SWEET! I get the sense Lisa misses the urgency and immediacy of the ER but the everyday loving affirmation from Rachel boosted her self-esteem like nothing else would or could!!

amidalachick likes this.
  7. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @Adalia-Durron Yes! It's just pure uncomplicated love. [face_love] Thank you so much for reading!

@earlybird-obi-wan Cuddy's always been one of my favorites too! I hope my muse has at least a few more stories to tell for her. :) Thank you for reading and your sweet comments!

@JediMaster_Jen Definitely! Thank you so much for reading and your lovely comments! [:D]

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Exactly! I have such a weakness for soft family moments in every fandom LOL. Thank you so much for reading!

Thank you all again for your sweet comments, and thank you to anyone else who's read this! You are all awesome. [face_love]

Title: Ain't It Time We Said Goodbye
    Characters: Cuddy, Foreman
    Genre: Angst (Me, to my muse: Are you really writing angst? Muse: Yes. Me: Really? Muse: Yes. Me: You? Muse: Yes. Me: *frantically tacks on "AND IT WAS JUST A DREAM AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER", HAHA, I'LL SHOW YOU, MUSE! :p)
    Timeframe: During Episode 8.22, "Everybody Dies"
    Notes: Written for the 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned.

My muse has been pretty dead, but for some reason I got a bunch of ideas at work the other day and this was one of them. It's actually a reworked version of a very old draft I wrote sometime after the House series finale, and it's just a little missing moment from the final episode.

Title is taken from Angie by The Rolling Stones.

Thank you for reading, and hope you enjoy! :)

Ain't It Time We Said Goodbye

She's been expecting this call.

She looks at the name on the screen, lets it ring once more before she answers.

His voice is steady, clinical, as he gives her the details of the funeral arrangements.

"I'll see you there," he says at the end, and she knows it's a question. Silence falls between them.

She looks out her window at the tree in her yard. Hers and Rachel's.

"I hope he found what he was looking for," she says finally.

Foreman exhales. "I think he did."

They say goodbye. She bites her lip and presses the phone against her chest, over her heart, her eyes welling up with tears.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Tragic............. :( :_|

amidalachick likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow that certainly is a heart-wrenching entry! :( =D= Well-written for all that it's different from your rainbows and roses ;) [face_love]

amidalachick likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a great sad entry

amidalachick likes this.
  11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @Adalia-Durron I know! :( Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha On the brighter side, my headcanon has always been a happy ending (of course! :p) - Wilson lives, Cuddy finds out House isn't really dead, and they all end up friends again. :D Thank you so much for reading and your lovely comments!

@earlybird-obi-wan Thank you so much for reading and commenting! It means a lot. [:D]

Thank you all again, and thank you to anyone else who's read these! [face_love]

Title: I Know A Thing Or Two About Her
    Characters: Cuddy
    Notes: Written for the 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

I was trying to work on my other drabbles and finish a couple more things for these Olympics today, and, well, I got this one done. :p

Inspired by, and title taken from, Strutter by KISS, because it's an awesome song that's totally always been a Cuddy song to me, and I still think of her every time I hear it. :D

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy! :)

I Know A Thing Or Two About Her

Cuddy knows House isn't the only one who pays such close attention to her wardrobe.

She's always aware of the eyes on her.

She's mocked, judged, gossiped about. Bitch is a term often thrown around, and it's one of the nicer ones.

It doesn't bother her so much anymore. She's had to be tough, had to make sacrifices and hard decisions. She's paid her dues and she's proud of all she's accomplished.

So she wears short skirts and lace and holds her head high as she strides through the halls of her hospital, high heels clicking on the polished floors.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That IS Cuddy in HER hospital

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.