main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

House, M.D. - New Episode Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 21, 2006.

1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Anyone a fan of this show, House M.D.? I caught an episode the other night here, and loved it from the start.

Plot: He pops pills, watches soaps, and always, always says what's on his mind. He's Dr. Gregory House (Emmy nominee Hugh Laurie, Blackadder). Producers David Shore, Bryan Singer, Katie Jacobs, and Paul Attanasio haven't rewritten the hospital drama--at heart, it's a cross between St. Elsewhere, ER, and C.S.I.--but they've infused a moribund genre with new life and created one of TV's most compelling characters. More than any previous medical procedural, it resembles Attanasio?s underrated Gideon's Crossing, but House is lighter on its feet. As fascinating as he is, the show wouldn't work as well if it were all House all the time (that would be like Sherlock Holmes without Watson or Moriarty). Fortunately, he's joined by an intriguing cast of characters, portrayed by a combination of experienced vets (Omar Epps, Lisa Edelstein, Tony winner Robert Sean Leonard) and new faces (Jennifer Morrison, Jesse Spencer). Aside from the complicated cases they tackle each week, the sparks really fly when House's brilliant, if naïve charges are put to the test--and as the head of a teaching hospital, it's his job to test them (although his tough love approach is constantly landing him in hot water with Edelstein's administrator).

Love the title character.

2. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I love the show. I watch it whenever I get the chance to. I've missed a few, but that's alright, I think. It's a great show. I love House's sense of humor. It's hilarious.

3. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Just finished watching the first season on DVD. Fantastic show! It gets a bit formulaic at times, but the actors keep it interesting.

Can't wait for season 2 on DVD.

JMA

4. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    I had a hard time watching Hugh Laurie the first couple episodes. I kept thinking of Prince George:

[image=http://www.ta-multimedia.com/blackadder/bagrge1.jpg]

Woof Woof, and all that sort of thing!

Although I must admit that Laurie has breathed so much life into Dr.House, he very nearly overcomes the show's shortcomings.

It is an interesting show, but it is incredibly formulaic. I wrote a sarcastic plot summary of every episode for an Amp thread when the show first came out...basically, a new disease case comes in, House smarts off to his subordinates, everyone struggles for 45 minutes to figure it out, House clashes with managment, they stumble upon a seemingly insignificant clue that figures everything out, patient's life is saved, House hobbles home and takes a pill.

So now I'm reduced to watching only occasionally. It's a quality show though.

5. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I couldn't get over the fact that Hugh Laurie was sexy! It was such a surprise. I really enjoy watching House, he's really funny and comes out with some great lines. I like all the Doctors but Chase who after what he did I can't stand. I'm glad that House gives him a hard time.

6. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    If I had to pick one show to watch each week, it'd be House. I've loved the show from the start. The fact that House is so sarcastic and not a people person is refreshing, especially since on most medical-themed shows, the doctors are mostly bright and happy souls.

Yes, the show gets predictable, but only in the sense of the medical mystery with the patient. The characters keep the show new and exciting.

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Anyone see Lauries Golden Globes speech? Great.

I think as the show has gone along it's started to become less predictable though.

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    House is by far the best TV doctor in quite a while, and he is by far the funniest character on TV.

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I like his sarcastic nature the most.

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    According to Tara, House is the only person more sarcastic than I am. :p

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
  12. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I started watching this show purely by accident. My brother tapes it religiously and, while watching an episode, he yelled out whoa! I turned to see what he was talking about and was hooked. This show is totally incredible. I love the guy who plays House! He's so snide, but at the same time, he's so lovable! I thought the storyline would get old after a while, but the writers have found a way to keep it fresh. The way they show the internal goings on of each patient is brilliant. Have I mentioned how much I love this show?

13. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    "Is it still illegal to perform an autopsy on a living patient?"

[face_laugh]

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's on here in the UK as well and it and the various CSI's are currently my most-watched shows. I like House's character a lot.

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah, I've been watching it on Five. CSI this weekend with Tarantino

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Ron Livingstone was on last night - Great episode.

"You keep a dead cat?"

"Well, if you live near a river, I can give you a bag."

17. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I too am an avid House fan from the UK. I thought last nights episode was excellent.

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i have yet to watch this show. i've heard nothing but good things about it. i do know that Hugh Laurie was one of the people in line to play Perry White in Superman Returns

19. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i just watched the latest ep to air here in North America..

Another entertaining ep, BUT... Is Sela Ward REALLY gonna be gone after this?

20. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    yeah house is a good show.

21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Dr. Gregory House: [answering Newsweek's phone call about Dr. Charles' condition] In my opinion, Dr. Sebastian Charles is an idiot! Yeah, you can quote me... C-U-D-D-Y.

[Houses' patient has just collapsed]
    Dr. Gregory House: This is exactly why I created nurses. Clean up on aisle three!

22. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    "Is it still illegal to perform an autopsy on a living patient?"
    In my opinion, Dr. Sebastian Charles is an idiot! Yeah, you can quote me... C-U-D-D-Y.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Those parts were pretty good. I absolutely love this show. I ended up buying season 1 and religiously set aside every Tuesday night for this show. One thing I really like about this show is that it strikes a good blend of each episode being unique while also having a few elements that are carried over from previous episodes, like Cameron's HIV test and the fact that Foreman had to supervise House for a few weeks.

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm hoping to pick up the boxed set when I return to the states.

24. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    House is superb!:cool:

A truly great show!

I liked the original theme over the revamped one though!

25. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I read an interview and Sela Ward said that she and the writers of House agreed to leave the Stacy storyline open. So it's a possibiliy that she may be back sometime in the future...