main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

House, M.D. - New Episode Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Agreed. And what's more, let's not forget that she actually DID kill a patient herself, back in Series 2 or 3 (can't remember) - that doctor who tested new drugs on kids without informing the parents. The final diagnosis was some incurable disease (again, can't remember what), and Cameron deliberately gave him too much morphine for his pain that he overdosed and died.

The medicine was better in this episode - and I LOVE that too much hygiene in the patient's childhood was the cause of his health problems as an adult! :D

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    House
    Episode: Ignorance Is Bliss (NEW)

"On the eve of Thanksgiving, the team treats an exceptionally brilliant physicist who traded his career for a job as a courier; a myriad of strange symptoms nearly stumps the doctors; the doctors wrestle with strained personal relationships."

Airs: 23/11/2009

3. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I have to say the mind games between Cuddy and House are getting a WEEEE bit ridiculous.

What a witchy play by Cuddy.

Besides that, though, the case of the week was actually kind of interesting, and it was nice to see Chase show some moxy.

4. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    The game between Cuddy and House started rather interestingly, but in the end it became meh. Since Season 5 Cuddy has been behaving VERY weirdly.

The medical mystery was very good this week, and I LOVE that they had a physicist for a POTW! :D

But the best two things about this episode were Taub and Chase. Taub had some great and funny lines here, and his cunning use of the photo of a beaten-up House to get into his wife's good books again was a stroke of genius. He's always been my favourite new duckling. And when Chase punched House, I yelled out loud, "YES! WOOOHOOO!" :p It was great. Both as a "ST*U" from Chase to House and as a means to stop the others bothering Chase about Cameron because they'd be too scared of him.

Overall, a very good episode. :)

5. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9:01PM
    Fox, TV-14-DL

House

"Wilson and House make a bet that guest star Joshua Malina's diagnosis is not cancer. It's always nice when your doctors wager on whether or not you'll live."

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I really liked the Wilson-House scenes. Also, the team popping up randomly and rushing to an OR was fun. :p

And I absolutely LOVED the Monty Python reference! :D

Wilson: "I'm not here for an argument."
    House: "No, that's room 12A."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    House returns after a long Christmas break, and boy, what an episode. Medicine was not much, but the soap was pure gold:

The team trying to screw with Foreman by making him think he earns less than them.
    House trying to screw with Wilson by pretending to their lady neighbour that they're gay.
    Foreman getting his revenge on the team by making them look stupid in front of Cuddy.

But the best bit was Wilson getting his revenge on House by proposing to him in a full restaurant:

Wilson: "I love this man!" *kneels and takes out the ring* "Greg, will you marry me?"
    House: o_O
    Old lady: "Go on, say yes!"

EPIC. WIN. [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

8. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Agreed. The House/Wilson stuff was fantastic.

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Episode: Moving the Chains (NEW)

"House's team rushes to treat an ailing college football star in time for the patient to try out for the NFL; Foreman's brother (Orlando Jones) makes a surprise visit to the hospital."

* NEW

10. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    That was a fantastic episode - finally getting to the roots of the show again.

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Definitely enjoyed it. The pranking discussion in the kitchen was fantastic.

12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    Fox, TV-14-DLS

House

"Last year we saw Princeton-Plainsboro from Wilson's point of view. Tonight it's all about Cuddy, the hospital's put-upon administrator, and her hectic schedule battling insurance companies and pill-peddling doctors. We love Lisa Edelstein ? she makes exasperation look sexy ? so we're diagnosing this episode as a B+. ?Benjamin Svetkey"

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    Fox, TV-14

House

"Hugh Laurie is finally getting a House director worthy of his enormous acting talent ? Hugh Laurie. The 51-year-old star went behind the camera to shoot this week's episode, ''Lockdown,'' in which Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital gets sealed shut when a newborn baby goes missing. ''I suppose you could say that I did it under self-imposed duress,'' says Laurie, who had previously directed TV shows in the U.K. ''I'm such a complainer ? Why aren't we doing things this or that way? ? that when they asked me to direct, I had no choice. I was stuck.'' Laurie says that the hardest part wasn't directing himself but telling other actors what to do. ''Stepping up to management was daunting,'' he admits. ''The whole experience was a bit like a parachute jump. A parachute jump that lasts eight days.'' ? Benjamin Svetkey"

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I really enjoyed tonight's episode. The missing baby was just an obvious reason to put the hospital on lockdown. Taub and Foreman were great. I think this was the only episode I liked Taub in. The Cameron/Chase stuff was nice to see. They needed closure, of some sort. 13 and Wilson were fun. Him stealing the dollar was priceless. Overall, a good episode.

The next one looks pretty funny.

16. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998

House

Episode: The Choice (NEW)

"The team treats an ailing groom; House, Chase and Foreman visit a karaoke bar during a raucous night out."

* NEW

8:00 - 9:00 PM FOX

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    The karaoke scene could have been so much more, but it was still enjoyable. When he kept drinking I wanted to smack him. He had to go and pick up another vice. :oops:

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    From TWOP:

"We still love House, but what used to be appointment viewing has now slipped to begrudging chore viewing, and this season is largely to blame for that. Hopefully, the show can right itself next year, but for now here's our list of what needs to change if the show expects to keep its spot in our DVRs.

Not Enough House

This has been a problem for the last two seasons, actually, but this year we've gotten entire episodes devoted to other characters, while House storylines have largely become the b-plot in the majority of this year's regular episodes as well. Hugh Laurie, we know being a series lead is a grueling grind, especially after all these years, but the show is called "House," and you're hardly in it anymore. We'd even take shortened season orders going forward if it meant more Hugh Laurie. Anything's better than watching Wilson go on more ill-fated hunting trips, for Christ's sake."

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No-win situation. Six seasons in, and to avoid being accused of a rote dependency on the same old House antics, they try to bring the other characters into the plot. "No, bring back the formula!" shout fans. If they do, the fans will then cry, "This is too formulaic; it's the same old House being House. We haven't seen enough Chase lately!"

20. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    The Boring Departure Episodes

"Cuddy's life and job are horrible, daily exercises in thankless agony. Wilson's only other friend besides House is also a jerk, illuminating a doormat tendency of his personality. And PPTH is an incompetently run hospital with nurses hiding newborns in laundry carts, and two doctors on staff named Taub and Foreman who like to take prescription pills recreationally and steal their co-workers' personnel files while they play fight club in the basement. All concepts we already grasped without the entire episodes full of specifics! If that sassy cafeteria worker gets her own episode next season just to show us how greasy the PPTH fries are, we are out."

21. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    The show lost some of it's original spark during the fourth season. I still don't see the point in the new team. Thirteen's only purpose on the show seems to be the creator of sexual discussions and comments. Taub is just bland character. None of the "firings" and departures are believable. These people quit their jobs every other week. That concept got old really fast.

Then you have fans clamoring for House/Cuddy. That right there seems like it would kill a major enjoyable part of the show.

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Taub the Irresistible Ladies Man

"Why, why, why is Taub cheating on his wife again? And why is she staying with him? Haven't we gotten past this already? Is this addiction to the thrill of cheating at all interesting to anyone? If Taub leaves PPTH again for a plastic surgery practice, prompting House to go retrieve him yet again, he's going to risk rivaling the broken record that is Cuddy."

23. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Taub is way more interesting than Chase ever was/is. All Chase ever does is look concerned/mopey, and the one time he actually did something interesting, he was too big of a ***** over to keep his wife from leaving him. Taub, on the other hand, actually has a life outside of PPTH that we get to know about on a regular basis like House, Wilson, and Cuddy. Chase and Foreman just stand around letting House **** on them and never do anything other than just whine and look mopey.

13 versus Cameron is a wash. 13's prettier than Cameron (and not just because she's bi), and has a less obnoxious personality. However, Cameron seemed to be the only one who could get the better of House in the first couple of seasons.

Really, Taub, 13, and Kutner could have been/should have been much better than Chase, Foreman, and Cameron. I just think they were more interesting. The show actually got worse during that strange season, however, not because of the new team, but because of the shift away from the team and its cases to House going psycho, the House and Cuddy "will they or won't they", Cuddy's baby fever, and stuff like that.

Also, it seems like now the medical cases are just a collection of random symptoms with the last symptom being the only one that gets treated, magically curing the patient.

At the end of every episode I'm like, "It's great that you figured out the patient had Venusian bear flu from the way his eye-lid fluttered when you shocked his junk with a car battery, but why did his hair spontaneously combust during the cold open?"

24. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    The House-Cuddy-Lucas Love Triangle

"We actually don't have a problem with Lucas on his own, but House (who is apparently also still in love with Lydia from the mental hospital?) agonizing over Cuddy's relationship with Lucas and their back-and-forth jousting over her is tiresome. Sexual tension and will-they-or-won't-they is important for the early seasons of a show, but it's Season 6 -- if House and Cuddy are going to be together, get them together already. Or have House get over her and focus on developing a functional friendship between the two of them. Either way, no more childish possum-in-a-bathtub pranks over this middle-school love triangle, please. This isn't 90210."

25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Disagree. House getting with Cuddy in anything short of the final season would kill the show, and they can't just maintain House-Cuddy sexual tension forever. Changing it up by giving House a romantic rival who is not only a friend but one of the few people who can actually match wits with him is a smart move, not a bad one.

This list is terrible; it seems to mostly be "Replay the first three seasons again for me. Anything that isn't the original formula sucks," with no consideration of keeping the show at all fresh.