main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Houston Fan Force RPG - the "beginners" game

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Interested in SW RPG? Never played, played some, play every day between meals, then you are welcome to come join the "beginners" monthly RPG.

I've dubbed it the "beginners" RPG, because it will be a game where beginners can feel comfortable to come and play. But it is not limited to beginners, anyone who's interested, anyone at all can come and play. It will meet monthly, time and location still undecided (working on it now). If you are interested in a game that meets more than once a month, check out Fingofin's "expert" game, which will meet weekly (he'll be starting a thread on that game soon). Those who are in Fingorfin's game are also welcome in the "beginners" game, and likewise, Charles welcomes any beginner into his game that want to play more than once a month.

The game is going to be a clone war era game, with EU influences (Zahn in particular). I'll be running this game.

Ok, so I have a few questions for everyone.
    1) Who here is interested in this RPG?
    2) Can you play on Saturday afternoons?
    3) Can you play on Sunday afternoons?
    4) What sort of character would you like to play?

If you are uncertain on #4, I do have a few suggestions: Republic Intellegence Operative, smuggler, young padawan, a senator, a body guard, bounty hunter, a force adept (non-Jedi force user). Other types of characters will be welcome, but these are just some suggestions.

Before everyone jumps in and says they want to be a padawan, please remember this is a Clone War game. (*cough* Jedi Purge *cough*). You are welcome to play a padawan, if you are up to the challenge
    :D

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Before everyone jumps in and says they want to be a padawan, please remember this is a Clone War game. (*cough* Jedi Purge *cough*).

:eek: Killer GM! Look out people. ;)

I am in. I would prefer gaming on Sunday.
    Two games in one day might get tiring.

Two questions: What is starting level? and are we creating our own characters or will you have pre-gens?

3. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001

OK, come on, no true veteran of gaming would say that. Right, Crystala?
    :D 8-}

What kind of character, Charles?

Killer GM! Look out people.

Well, you know [face_devil] Ha-ha, no, seriously, I actually am very generous with trying to keep players alive. Just ask Weaves and Jedilane.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Charles, level 3. And as to pre-gen or no, more on that tomorrow.

5. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I am not sure yet; I have several character concepts that I have been wanting to try out. I will get back to you on that one.

Level 3! Rock on.

6. weaves

weaves Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    Wait a second...I thought my SKILL and WIT kept me alive [face_shocked]

7. bluephoenix

bluephoenix Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    Ok, I can dig it. Sunday sounds good, I'm not about to lose my Saturdays... that's when I run stuff.
    3rd lvl... cool, just good enough to make some interesting concepts. I'm gonna play a scoundrel Chiss. (working on his details still, be done with that soon.)

8. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Do i want to play or not, hmmm, does Yoda know how to use the Force? Heck ya I am in. I would want to meet on Sundays, because that is my only day of for sure. I go to church in the morning, and at night, but the afternoon is great. Hmm, trying to figure out what character to be, I dont think I could choose this instant.

Questions:
    1) Can we be a dark Jedi?
    2) Could I be a young Grand Admiral Thrawn?
    3) Or could I be a Noghri? (AFter all it is form Zahn' series?
    4) Maybe a robot, like IG-88?
    5) Or how about a little green Jedi?
    6) Or someon like one of the Emperor's Hand?
    7) And weapons, what kind of weapons can we have? (I would love to have a lightsaber with a black blade, or one that is 3 different colors, like the one from the Anderson series?)

Just a few questions, sorry, but as you can tell I am a huge Zahn fan.

Once a month would be great for me, since I am just starting out, I dont want to get frustrated and quit.

PS, what about planets, do we use current known ones, or unknown ones, or a combination of both? Just wondering?

PPSS, Now I am not to sure about how to play,(I have no experience, so please be kind to me), but this sounds cool, I have wanted to expand my knowledge of the awe-inspiring Star Wars universe.

9. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002

OK, come on, no true veteran of gaming would say that. Right, Crystala?

Only 2 days of gaming?!?!?!??!!? I'm planning on spending 3 days of nonstop gaming at SanCon this weekend <still drooling> :)

I know that I am a bit of a hard core gamer because to me the perfect gaming experience would be a D&D campaign 2 days a week, GURPs 2 days a week, SW 2 days a week, followed by one day of Paranoia or perhaps a board or card game :)

I live to game! or is it game to live :)

This is actually going to be my first time playing in a SW RPG. I hope I can play well enough and remember that no elves, goblins, magic arrows, etc. belong in SW hehehe

10. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Wait a second...I thought my SKILL and WIT kept me alive

Skill? You're playihg a gungan! It's amazing you don't fly the ship into the side of a moon everytime you lift off.
    8-}

A little clarifications, along with what day you prefer to RPG, I also need to know what days you are able (or willing). For example, if you prefer Saturday, but would still be willing to do a Sunday, let me know, but (also for example) if you cannot (or will not) do a Saturday, let me know. There will not be one day where every can play, so I need to find the day that most people are able to play.

Vadersnogri:
    1) No
    2) No
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) You mean Yoda, or just a similar kind of Jedi? You can't play Yoda. If you want to be a Jedi, you must be a 3rd level padawan.
    6) No. You are going to be the heroes of the game. Each character will eventually be faced with the choice between good and evil, and when this happens, the players can choose evil, but you can't start out at the beginning of the game playing a dark side force user.
    7) Pretty much any kind of blaster, small grenades, melee weapons (knifes, clubs, etc). If you play a young padawan, you will get a lightsaber.

Vadersnogri, if you like Zahn, you'll love my game. Zahn story elements such as the fate of Camaas, the Out Bound Flight, and the Unknown Terroritories will be important factors in my game.

11. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I want to be a Force adept alien cross breed who flies a really cool ship for a living. Nothing specific really. I've never RP'ed before. I can't do Sundays.

12. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, I'm totally interested. If nothing else, I'll definitely be trying this out in the beginning.

1) Who here is interested in this RPG?
    Me!

2) Can you play on Saturday afternoons?
    Yep.

3) Can you play on Sunday afternoons?
    Probably not, but don't base your days on me, because I don't know how often I'll be available for RPG starting in September.

4) What sort of character would you like to play?
    I have NO idea. I don't know how any of this works, and I don't know what kind of character to be or anything like that. I'm open to suggestions. :)

13. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    1. I am interested!

2&3. I can play Saturdays or Sundays - I am unsure when Fingorfin's game is being played, though, and I was planning on getting into that one too.

4. I will take the bull by the horns and play a padawan (guardian). :)

Looking forward to it, haven't gamed in months.

14. Moontyger

Moontyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    I am interested in playing. Unless something changes, I can play both Saturdays and Sundays. As for character type, hmm. Those who know me will tell you I am horribly indecisive about characters. But I'll think about it.

15. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    i can be available both saturdays and sundays for now as long as you give me advance notice<a week> during october though the only free day i will ever have will be sunday.

i am interested in being either a smuggler...or maybe someone from the unknown regions, i haven't really decided which yet.

16. Pandarsson

Pandarsson Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    I'll be a senator. Or, better yet, I'll be a smuggling padawan bounty hunter guard operative who is also a force adept.

Or just give me the most useless of characters.

And Saturdays and Sundays should both be cool by me.

17. Pandarsson

Pandarsson Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Oo! Oo! Can I be a hutt?

18. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Can I be a hutt?

You mean the race, or actually in charge of a crime originization? Yes, you can be the race hutt, but no, you can't be in charge of a crime originization at level 3.

2&3. I can play Saturdays or Sundays - I am unsure when Fingorfin's game is being played

I think he said Friday nights.

19. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Yeah, my game is on Fridays.

Crystala, I have no problem with two days of gaming, but if the game is on Saturday, I will have two games on the same day. But I suppose if I can survive an 11 hour LARP, I can do this once a month. I am in no matter what day we play.

20. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    I'd prefer sundays myself DS for the same reasons as Blue and Fin. I think I may play the Bodyguard or a padawan. I think I still have my Rybet Jedi padawan still. I think he's second or third level.

21. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Not the frogs!

22. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    YES! YES THE FROGS!! [face_laugh]WMAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

23. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I am definitly(sp?) interested. Saturdays are good, Sundays are not.

Ooh! Ooh! Can I be a Mistryl Shadow Guard? Please please pleeeease????

24. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    I am of course interested in gaming. Anyday is fine by me. And what is this about an 11 hour LARP? :) :) :)

25. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Can I be a Mistryl Shadow Guard?

A Mistryl Shadow Guard-in-training, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.