main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Houston Fan Force RPG - the "beginners" game

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Madam Zir was the weird lady hanging out at Valorum's that freak you out.

2. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Oh, her. I am once again freaked out.

3. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    You'll be seeing her again real soon. Yes, real soon.

4. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Unfortunately, I have work that needed to be finished this week that I haven't done yet, so I won't be at the game tomorrow. Sorry about the late notice...

5. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    It's as well no one showed, there were bad paints fues in the back and there would have been no place for the group to play. Correction, Jeff and I played anyway (at a nearby Starbucks), I'll post notes later.

6. AlexiAlexander

Jun 3, 2002
    Cortney and I showed up at 2:30 probably just in time to miss you, knowing my luck.

7. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I think we took off about 2:10 PM. Probably just as well. You might have shared Jimmy's fate. And what is Jimmy's fate, you ask? Well, no one ever saw him again alive after he left Alderan, let's just leave it at that [face_mischief]

8. AlexiAlexander

Jun 3, 2002
    Poor Jimmy, poor, poor Jimmy.

9. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I wanted to check and see if our group was still interested in the Beginner's RPG. If not, it is OK, but I would like to know if I should plan future games or not. Also, if the answer is yes, does the group want to game in mid-January, or skip January? I cannot run the game the first two weekends of this month.

10. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I still want to play. So does Sandi. Mid-Jan good. Want to kill things. Yes. Kill things good.

11. AlexiAlexander

Jun 3, 2002
    We can have this big epic battle where the people who can't or don't want to play any more will die in a blaze of glory and will return later as npc since no one ever really dies in David's games.
    Having a big battle will also fulfill Cortney's need to kill.

12. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    heh sounds interesting.

of course i'm still interested, and i'm rather pissed off that i haven't been able to make the last couple of games. I may have ot just kill off my character :(

i have a life, and that's nice, but it controls me!

13. weaves

weaves Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    Still interested too...new character perhaps?

14. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I am interested in playing. Since the game has been going on for about 6 months, is there anything I need to do with my character or do I still need to make 3rd level. Also, where is the game held?

15. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    I'm going to go ahead and cancel the Beginners RPG. I was only able to confirm four definitely interested people, and confirmed at least that many were also dropping out.

However, for those of you who are new (or not new) to the HFF who are interested in role playing, there are some people within our FF you can contact and talk to about a game. Those people are myself, Fingofin (Charles) and Crystala (Renee). There is plenty of RPG still happening in Houston.

16. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    Do you know of any on the 59N side near Humble or Kingwood?

17. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Not sure. Renee? I'm on the northside, but I'm gaming within the loop.

18. crystala

crystala Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2002
    I know that there are a couple of gaming groups out in the Humble/Kingwood area, but for the life of me I can't think of any names. There are two areas you can check to find gamers in that area. The first is the bulletin board at Horizon Games. The other is a yahoo group that I am a part of called Houston Area Role Players HARP Members. There was a person that recently posted on there looking for gamers in Kingwood to play either D&D, Ravenloft, Greyhawk or Cyberpunk.

On a side note, Owlcon is going to happen the 2nd weekend of February, and you should be able to find some gamers from your area there. Owlcon

I am actually trying to find a gaming group on the North side somewhere close to 1960/45. The gaming group I am currently in has been put on hold since one of the people went to California for business and won't be back for probably a month. There are two other places I just thought of that you can check for gamers. Half Price Books sells books for RPGs and you can always find a gamer there. There is one located in the shopping strip by Deerbrook Mall..in between the mall and Wal-Mart. The other one is a comic store in Deerbrook Mall called DNA Comics. Either the store manager or the assistant manager there is really big into Star Wars. They might know of some Star Wars games going on in the area.

19. Jaina_S_Fel

Jun 3, 2002
    I've decided that the HFF gamers just don't like me so I guess I'll just give up on trying to have fun.

20. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Nah, it's just the nature of RPGs. 80 % die out in a matter of months. It's one of those great mysteries of the universe which no one can answer but is undeniably true.

21. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
  22. Jedilane

Jedilane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    Well to let you know just a bit more about Mr. Jimmy Bond, here is his final story...(or is it)...

He was captured by Madam Zir, along with Laz Threll and about 50 civilians. Madam Zir saw Jimmy in the crowd and wanted a "one-on-one" meeting.

Well in that meeting Jimmy supprised Madam Zir with his stunning whit and brilliant knowledge. She was so awe struck and scared, that she had him.... well Jimmy has been "processed".

Poor Mr. Bond. But don't worry, in a galaxy far far away, Mr. Bond is still swooning women and causing all kinds of havoc.

23. Jaina_S_Fel

Jun 3, 2002
    But the important thing is...did Laz finally bite it?

24. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Laz and Jimmy share one fate [face_devil]

25. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    chlimeer spontaneously bursted into flame one day while drinking. some said a gungan was responsible. <cough, cough>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.