main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How about a Sifo-Dyas movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Lulu Mars, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Aaah, Seraph! Sure :cool:

2. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I think if you made the movie as an animated direct to video, it would work. I think it would be a hard sell for the casual fan otherwise. Being animated allows you to use Dooku, because then you only need a voice actor who sounds like Christopher Lee. And direct to video lets you direct it at the hardcore fan.

The Vanguard and Lulu Mars like this.
  3. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Good point about going animated!
    I don't think anything outfitted with a Star Wars logo is hard to sell, though.

4. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

If you're going back along the political line, I think it would be a tough sell, Star Wars logo or not. Part of why the prequels were panned was because they focused a little too much on the politics of the era, and while that does appeal to many, it lost a lot of the casual fans.

5. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't believe any of that, but it's a moot point either way.

6. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    I agree. Something akin to The Animatrix would be great.

7. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Animated would be a lot smarter all around, albeit I would prefer live-action with real people.

The Clone Wars movie was a success IMO that followed the momentum from the prequels. I'm wondering if a S.D. movie being from the same era would have needed that momentum. Everyone is going to be tracking with episodes 7-9 + 'prequel' Rogue One. Going back to the PT might be confusing for the casual fan?

8. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    That's why I think it won't happen anytime soon, if it happens.

9. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    If we're gonna go pre-TPM (but not as far back as TOR,) then I'd be much more interested in a Yoda standalone - perhaps with Dooku as his padawan (which would necessitate replacing Lee anyway.) Ideally, I'd like a move about Yoda becoming a Jedi, but that might be a little too in the past. Of course, one look at my profile may give off my bias.

The Vanguard and Lulu Mars like this.
  10. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I'd like to see the adventures of Yoda and young Dooku!
    Yoda as a padawan would be cool, too :)

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It would also be very interesting to explore the time period that a young Yoda film would be set in.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  12. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    The true golden age of the old Republic!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I can see that. Maybe not a Yoda-centric story, but one where he would definitely be in it. I always liked young Dooku from the books, to see him as well in a movie would be epic.

Jar-Jar Binks and Lulu Mars like this.
  14. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    If still somebody is interested in: There was a discussion about the timeline of the Sifo-Dyas adventures around the forming of the clone army here.

BTT: I would second such a movie - perhaps to enrich it with the Eriadu summit incidents to show a clueless Finis Valorum, perhaps, in order to include a tragic heroine too, with a more active Sei Taria, which was also present at Finis's side during Ep. I.

I would call it: Palpatine rising: A Star Wars Story. Hence we could also see a Plagueis with his transpiratory mask.

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I know I posted on this before, but after thinking about it over time, I think I wouldn't really be interested in learning more about this storyline. the TCW episodes covering this topic were sufficient for me.

Though I will say I kind of like that there's this air of mystery about how it all went down, with the "killing" of Syfo Dias and the order of the Clone army and all that. The idea that we still haven't been spoonfed all the details about how it all played out is a nice way of emphasizing just how much Darth Sidious was manipulating things on both sides in a majorly influential way. To me it makes the ultimate reveal of the Sith and the end of the war and Order 66 and all of it so much more impactful, almost as if it's making US as viewers feel somewhat blindsided by all that happened as well-kind of making us all stop and think "how the heck did all this happen right under OUR noses!??"

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Sudooku and Subtext Mining like this.