main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How about doing a full list of star wars parodies/references?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Kouby, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    Here's one I saw this morning:

On an episode of "NewsRadio", Matthew (Andy Dick) buys Dave (Dave Foley) a samurai sword. Later, alone in his office, Dave picks up the sword, strikes a duelist pose, and says, "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possible imagine, Vader."

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    There was another part in Wrongfully Accused when a table falls on Leslie Nielson the table then looks like Han in carbonite.

The recent South Park when they were ripping on George Lucas and his editing of his classic films.

Back to the Future when Marty says "My name is Darth Vader."

3. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    What about "A New Hope" by Blink-182?

I've got her in my head
    At night when I go to bed
    And I know it sounds lame, but
    She's the girl of my dreams

And of course I'd do anything for her
    I'd search the moons of Endor
    I'd even walk naked through
    The deserts of Tatooine

Princess Leia, where are you tonight?
    And who's laying there by your side?
    Every night I fall asleep with you
    And I wake up alone

And even though I'm not as cool as Han
    I still want to be your man
    You're exactly the kind of
    Alderranian that I need

But when you were available, I was
    Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
    I was hanging out in the cantina
    On Mos Eisley

And I wake up alone

Princess Leia

And I wake up alone

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Which blink cd is that from?

On some cartoon when i was flipping through the channels, this dude put a 10000 watt bulb in a table lamp and it acted like a lightsaber. He had a dog w/ him named Robert, so he goes, "ah, robert, i am your owner, join me on the dark side" or somethin like that.

Also on Bob and Tom (radio show) this moring, some guest caller asked one of them (i forget which one, i had just woke up) how fit he was (in shape) and he goes, "you know that Jabba the Hutt, ya know, from that star wars movie?" and the other goes, "yeah, he's like a fat Jabba the Hutt"

On whose line is it anyway, (fridays, abc, monday-thurs, abc family) they had them act out a seen as Jedi Knights, and they did questions only with movie character impressions and I think it was Brad did Yoda.

EDIT: I forget a few from whose line:

On lets make a date, wayne was jar jar, and on props, they had these cinamon bun things and Ryan held them up to his ears and said "help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope"

5. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    jedi_master_ousley-

The song "A New Hope" is off Blink-182's Dude Ranch cd.

Hope I could help :)

6. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    How about that song Chewbacca, it's on the Clerks cd!

Every Kevin Smith movie!
    Clerks: the bit about the 2nd Death Star and the roofer
    MallRats: Silent Bob and the Force
    Chasing Amy: cut scenes refrence SW and the DVD has a slow crawling feature like the openings of each SW film.
    Dogma: the "I'm Han Solo, you're Chewie.." line
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back: Duh!!!

I've got this quicktime with the comicbook guy from the Simpsons saying "JarJar, evryone hates you but me!" totally funny!!!

Dude Ranch is an awesome CD, true Blink fans should have and ANH is one of my favorite songs!!!

7. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    DarthZemog-

Completely agree! I love that cd and the song ANH! It's such a funny song...but I still think it is really sweet...haha Mark...

8. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
    American Pie 2:

Stifler: (referring to Oz) Yes, the Force is strong in that one.

9. SkywalkerSolo

SkywalkerSolo Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2002
    In Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, on the spacestation before Austin goes back in time to save Felicity he and Dr. Evil have the following coversation:

Dr. Evil: [deep voice] Austin, I'm your father
    Austin: Really?
    Dr. Evil: No, I can't back that up.

Before that Dr.Evil is telling people about his new laser.

Dr. Evil: [about his new "laser"] I shall call it The Death Star
    Scott: [snickers]
    Dr. Evil: What?
    Scott: Oh nothing, Darth

That's all for now guys!-Sky

10. sweethoneygirl

sweethoneygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Can't forget about Armagedon either. When Ben Affleck and Owen Wilson are discussing who is Han and who is Chewie in their situation. I love that scene!

Of course on of my favorite parody songs is "star wars cantina" by Mark Jonathan Davis. It is absolutely hysterical.

11. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Thanks, Obis-grl

Also, I heard a song called, "Chewbacca, what a wookie" I downloaded it on kazaa, and I think its from Jay and Silent Bob strike back...its really funny... It has Jabba's line "at last we have the mighty chewbacca" in slow motion and its really funny.

12. SkywalkerSolo

SkywalkerSolo Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2002
    I was watching ABC Family today (nothing else was on, and I like this show). Big Wolf on Campus was on and one of the guys who had just been released from stone was comparing the after effects of his situation to the after effects are carbonite. It was a cute little scene. There are a ton of SW references on this show, this was just the one I saw today. -Sky

13. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    What's the name of that song...

I am just like Han Solo, always stroken my own wookie...

14. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    That one guy in Dude, Where's my Car? talks in Yoda language.

15. Kenneth-Morgan

Jul 6, 2000
    Here are some more:

-In the recent movie "Reign of Fire", two characters entertain a group of children by reenacting the end of the duel in TESB.

-The title sequence for "The Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult" includes a POV shot of a police car zooming down the Death Star trench from ANH.

-On an episode of MST3K, Crow and Tom Servo are saying their evening prayers, including asking God to bless R2-D2.

-There's the episode of "The Muppet Show" which guest-starred Mark Hamill and featured cameos by Threepio, Artoo, Chewie and Mark's rather hyper "cousin" Luke Skywalker.

-On another episode of MST3K, Mike inadvertantly causes a planet to be destroyed. After it blows up, Crow says, "I fell a great disturbance..."

I'll try to think of some others...

16. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Even though I've mentioned this one on these boards often in regard to SW pardoies I just have to bring this one up again. There was an episode of Johnny Bravo on Cartoon Network called "Virtual Johnny",where Johnny Bravo goes into a toy store and tries on a virtual-reality game helmet that has the virtual world resembling SW. Johnny fights a Darth Vader-like villian voiced by Mark Hamill and generally causing mayhem in the real world without knowing it. He even paraphrases SW lines,like saying "Targon tracks! They ride single file to hide their numbers.". He even encounters a red R2-D2-like robot that sounds like R2 when Johnny hits him. Pretty funny stuff.

I also remember Night Court having SW references,like Dan Fielding mentioning Jabba the Hutt when he talks about fat people,and in one episode where Dan takes Bull Shannon to one of the nightclubs he goes to,Bull says "This is even cooler than the bar in Star Wars!".

17. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I was watching Saving Silverman, in the movie Roy and JD call Judith the Emperor, with much better T###!! ;)

18. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    I don't know who's ever seen the NBC show "Scrubs", but they had an episode where the main character, JD, has to watch his attending physician ( JD's an intern on the show) battle for his soul with the evil chief of emergency medicine a la the Obi-Wan/Vader duel in ANH. The attending (Dr. Cox) is Obi-Wan and the chief of EM (Dr. Kelso) is Vader. JD is Luke, and he watches as Dr. Cox sacrifices himself for JD. It was a funny and touching moment, IMO.

:)

19. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Try this site - it has a huge listing of SW references in pop culture. :D

20. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    In one episode of the Simpsons, Krusty goes to a coffee shop called 'Java the Hut'.
    While in another, Mark Hamill sings a parody of a Sinatra classic: "Luke, be a Jedi Tonight."

21. Kenneth-Morgan

Jul 6, 2000
    Another couple:

-In the movie "Hot Shots! Part Deux", the President (Lloyd Bridges) duels Saddam Hussein in a parody of the ANH duel.

-In the little-seen pilot for MST3K, during a scene from "The Green Slime" showing a large planetoid, Joel riffs, "That's no moon, that's a battle station!"

22. LeeKenobi

Aug 13, 2002
    In 'Twister', one of the stormchasers gets really worked up while watching a huge tornado about to hit the ground.
    He screams "That's no moon, it's a space station!"

23. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    On a episode of Rocko's Modern Life,there was this groundskeeper at a golf course who was dressed like Darth Vader. He had a gas mask and black helmet on,and did the whole electronic weezing thing. On another episode that was set in the future,Filburt's daughter had the Princess Leia side-bun hair-do.

On a episode of Garfield and Friends,when Garfield fell off of a recliner or something,he was twirling around saying "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi,you're my only hope." and then fell down.

24. LeeKenobi

Aug 13, 2002
    I remember, some years back, an energizer battery commercial. Darth Vader was on the hunt for the energizer bunny. When Vader finally caught up with him, he ignited his saber, to duel the bunny. However, since Vader bought lower-quality batteries, his saber winked out.
    He unscrews the battery cover of his lightsaber looks at the dead batteries and then screams "No!"

Does anyone else remember this commercial, or am I just crazy?

25. Obis-Grl

May 30, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.