main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social How are you? [#Corona]

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , Mar 15, 2020.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You know, Corona can be found all over the world. Lots of places get shut down, social life gets limited as much as possible at many cities/countries and everyone has to sort out his/her life in a new way. That brings me to my question:

How are you? How do you manage your life during these Corona times?

At the moment, the people where I live have to face closed schools, reduced opening hours of food shops and closed lesure activities like cinema. Since it's in the beginning, I'm still fine and can manage everything around these new circumstances. Not sure, how I'll speak about it in a few weeks, but at the moment, it's "ok" - altough a lot of people are panicking... mass food shopping, having just one single topic and preping for every possible case.

How about you? :)

I wish you all a good, panic-free and healthy time!! [:D]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Pensivia likes this.
  2. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    *wanders in to a forum I haven't opened in MONTHS*:p

Hi Skiara![:D]

So it's several weeks later...how are things with you now? :)

Hubby and I have been on lockdown since mid-March. Both of us have been working from home (he already worked from home, so no big change for him). Things are ok overall and we have been adapting. My main concern is for my elderly mother who lives by herself in another part of my state (FL). But I've helped her to switch to delivery services for her groceries, medications, etc. so she's doing ok so far.

I hear Germany has been able to contain the situation better than most countries--how are things there now?

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I also work from home and am well stocked for groceries. Miss the ability to just spontaneously go out for lunch at a restaurant. The ones I love are family owned so do take out but don't deliver. I'm a hugger so cannot wait until I can [:D] away! LOL Crazy frustrating how things are proceeding in FL, as TPAM can attest. Should've shut down the airport moreso than the theme parks IMO :p People being allowed to just come from everywhere/anywhere until a few weeks ago.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Pensivia and Skiara like this.
  4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Im glad to here that you are fine. Here, the airports got shut down very fast. We live in a lock down situation as well - luckily we are allowed to go out for a walk with the family or with one other person (or maybe two), if we keep the distance of 1.5-2.0m. That helps a lot! So all can enjoy the sun - although main places, playgrounds, meeting points got closed as well.

For me, I can say that I’m still fine. Working is ok, no extra / not needed discussions, good weather, but the toilet paper is out of stock wherever you go... and it’s weird to go shopping with all the extra rules and lines on the floor to keep distances.

As far as I hear, you are right about Germany. But that can switch every day, so nothing to rest on.

Jedi Knight Fett and Pensivia like this.
  5. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    So far so good. Blessed to have a job and able to work remotely. Disney+ account is helpful during these times as well ;)

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Good to hear from you, @Lightsabre

Somehow it seems that these times show us what’s really important to us.

And yep, the invention of the tv is one thing we are happy about as well. ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Hey there. The Calgary Fan Force Group has actually been growing since this Covid crap started. We seem to meet more and more members as we have been using Zoom to meet up and cant wait to get back to meeting IRL once this dies off.

Skiara likes this.
  8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That are wonderful news!! Pretty cool that you grow and even organize online meetings! Great idea! :D

How long last these online meetings?

9. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Our online meeting actually can go on for a few hours. We do have an agenda just like our regular monthly meetings (usually takes 30 to 45minutes to go through), and then after that, it is just a free chat. I've actually left the zoom meetup and came back a few hours later, and people were still chatting.

Skiara likes this.
  10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's pretty cool! Leaving, coming back and they are still chatting! :D
    Somehow it's hard to imagine that online meetings last for hours. Two hours ok, but much more... very Wow! :D

Enjoy it and definately, you are doing the best these days! Great FF! :D

11. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks. We have a great group here that's for sure. Myself and another member have been working the past few years to get a group back up and running in Edmonton,( which is 2 hours north of us here in Calgary). We have gotten a good group of people started, They have monthly online chats and social distance coffee in a parking lot and are pretty active on Facebook. It's great to see 5 years of work finally starting to come around. Their original fan force group died about 8 or 9 years ago so its great to see this new gang wanting to make a run of it. Just have to get them to sort of move over to hear and post every once and a while.

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That’s pretty cool! I would like to say “congrats”, but a too early congrats could bring tough luck - but I wish you good luck!! I really hope that it goes forward for you guys. No matter, if they post regularly or not. That would be the best. But the time moves on and as cool as these (old fashion) boards are, it might be the time for another technical channel / communications. So what ever happens, don’t let FF get stopped! :D

13. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Everything is going pretty well with the group we have found to start things up back there. Their Facebook page is pretty active with members posting regularly and helping each other with new releases and merch found around the city. I can definitely say this new crew wants to grow the group as we did in Calgary. Not sure how I can take over RSA for Canada, like CrazyMike wanted me to do, so I can make one of them the actual chapter rep.

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That is a question you should ask CrazyMike. I’m sure he is willingly to help - especially with growing activity. Please, speak to him and keep me updated. I hope the best! :D

@PreludeRM

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  15. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    Well I can't complain. I opened a bussines, working just fine and reading a lot of books.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    new business? What kind of? Sounds pretty cool - especially since you have a bit spare time left to read books. Very good strategy!! Most people who start a new business don’t think of needing a break regularly.

17. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    How have you dealt with the Covid Vaccination era? I am twice vaccinated (Phizer) I still wear a mask everywhere I go unless it is to someones's place that I know is vaccinated. I don't care what anyone says, for me I believe the mask will be a permanent piece of clothing for me, we have turned it into a fashion statement.

18. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    We actually just had a IRL meeting. First time since September. We had 18 people come out as the lockdown we had been in was finally lifted. And today the mask bylaw was lifted so we are fully open for summer. That is as long as hospitalizations don't start rising. But it was sure nice to see people instead of on zoom.