main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How big of a loss is this?...............

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by darthspino, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I agree with you LizardMonkey. I know I had to suffer domestic violence from my husband partly because he hated Star Wars. Once in 1999 he repeatedly smashed my head into the passenger side window of our car while screaming in my ear, "I hate Star Wars." He would always threaten to distroy my Star Wars stuff, but whenever he did, I would move it to a rental unit, and box it or send it to a friends house for safe keeping until his temper blew over. He is out of the house now thank goodness, and he has legally signed a paper giving up all rights to my Star Wars collection. :D

2. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Darthspino, i dont post here that often (3sa more) altough i frequantly visit this place and read everything.

But this just plain suckes for you. I had my share of fights and trouble with people in my life (altough i am still just almost 18 year) and can image how you feel know. Whenever you fele like talking about this just PM me or add my with MSN Messenger (exarxan@hotmail.com).

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    when I was younger I used to spend hours each day working on models of cars. mainly chevys. I would put at least ten hours in to the cuting the parts just right.painting them with exact detail , I had even gone so far as to build a small scale paint booth with plastic hose that would hang out the window to allow fumes to escape it also had a hair dryer fitted in to it to bake the paint on faster. well one night after drinking alot my "mother" came home and started yelling about anything and everything she could. then when I woldnt argue back. she picked up a car and threw it at the wall telling me how stupid it was and that I should spend my time going out in to the real world. that playing with toy cars was for little kids. she managed to throw three more while calling me certin names . I managed to get them piced back together ok but the lasting damage was to me not my toys. I realized that some times adults have problems that they dont realize . and the only way that they can deal with them is by making others feel bad about them selves.

so to wrap it al up in a few words. your dad is most likely mad because he wishes he could join you and be a kid again , but doesnt know how to enjoy your hobbies with you while still keeping his "Adult" status

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    darthspino, we have spoken before. Please feel free to PM me anytime. You should also
    come by the Tap Cafe thread and talk to the folks over there.

Mike

5. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I Cannot properly express my Anger on the Forums over what happenned to you Darthspino! :mad: (There would be Lots of Cursing!) [face_mischief]
    I agree entirely with Lizardmonkey & jedidavid & Mike, Listen to them you should ;)
    And come by the Cafe definitely, It is a very cathartic place :)

MJF!!! :eek: Gosh! I'm so Glad you got away from that NUT! ;)

BTW, I have a weird relationship with my Mom sometimes, We're OK most of the time, But we have BIG fights every now & again! A few times she said she would throw me out, But she's big on empty threats...
    But one time she threatened to knock down my Collection!! :eek: That got me a bit concerned! Getting thrown out, Ahhhh, Big deal, Destroying my SW Collection!!!? :mad: :mad: Pure Evil!! But she never did it ;)

I'd probably be like Sunny & just get into more trouble :p
    Don't do that, Be careful, & Good Luck ;)
    And... May the Force Be With You :D

6. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I am sorry about the loss you had CrazyMike
    :( and Lizardmonkey, after I read your post all I could say was, "damn" :eek: You are so right.Out of all the forums I have been in, this has by far been the best one.When I posted about my problems in the JCC I would just get picked on by certain members.I will be sure to drop by the TapCafe :)
    But I think all the sympathy should go to MJF :( I am sorry for what you went through MJF :( Also, Lizardmonkey my dad used to drink, he honestly doesn't anymore.But he does yell at me for almost no reason.I get yelled at guaranteed once everyday, and my dad hit me once just for banging the dining room chair up against our bar in the kitchen one time :( I shouldn't be posting all my problems in the collecting forum, I am sorry.Thank you all for your concern, your all the best damn people, and I hope to meet at least some of you at Celebration 3 :)

7. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    That is so terrible that your dad would do something like that......it's so cruel. What exactly was the remote control that you accidentally broke for? Was it a TV or a stereo? If so, you should go and pawn it!

Nah, seriously.....maybe you should sit down with him and tell him what your Star Wars collection means to you and that you are very sad that he did that. Tell him that what you did was an accident, and that you meant no harm whatsoever. Hopefully he might make it up to you. Maybe you can even go and check the place where he donated your Epic Force figures because they may still have them.

Good luck,
    PM

8. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    The remote I accidentally broke was for the stereo, and he NEVER uses it :mad: plus its not like he cant use the remote anymore.I didn't break it beyond repair, god my life is crap [face_plain]

9. jawamonkey

jawamonkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    well most of the time adults are stupider than their kids.. it sounds like someones dad needs to take up boxing somewhere else instead of at home

10. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    At least he didn't destroy the stuff............

11. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Mara_Jade_Fan: :(
    I feel really sorry for you. Pysical violence
    from you parents just because of a
    collecting hobbie.........that`s insane.

What did you do when AOTC came out?
    Did your parents change in those three
    years?
    I hope they did.

12. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Actually it was her husband.

Man this is a serious thread.

Take it easy everyone. I love you all.

13. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    Gosh I just Love the Collecting Forum :D :D :D
    Ever since I got on the JC Forums I've always wondered why everyone's so much nicer & friendlier here on the Collecting Forum :)

I like to think that maybe us collectors still have the hearts of children :D ;)
    So we always emphathize with each other :) And we're less quick to judge ;) We support each other :)

And We all seem to have pretty good senses of humor [face_mischief]

May The Force Be With Us All :D

14. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "I like to think that maybe us collectors still have the hearts of children."

Darn straight, man, I think that's exactly why. :)

Dude, spino... You have no idea how angry this thread makes me. My own personality being the way it is, I want to tell you to give your dad a well-deserved crack in the balls with a baseball bat. He he's not man enough do deserve them.

There should be a hotline you can call, man. Crap, I g2g, I'll post here again tomorrow morning. :(

15. NiktoJedi9

NiktoJedi9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2003
    To darthspino, Mara_Jade_Fan, Lizardmonkey, chunk_the_jawa, LGM:

I don't mean to offend anyone, I certainly don't know what everyone's religious background may be, but I believe God loves you more than you can imagine and I'll be praying for all of you.

16. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    Thanks Nikto :) I am not offended in any way.I know how you feel Sithman I am still pissed about what my dad did, I am too afraid to talk to him about it and to try and convince him to get them back for me cause I think he might yell at me again, and say I deserve it for not telling him I broke his remote :_|

17. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    If it helps darthspino, I will pray for you as well. I know what it is like to go through rough times in life. Just ask any of the people on this board. But, believe me when I tell you that God is watching out for you and things will improve.

18. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Oh yeah, husband.
    Sorry for the mixup. :(

19. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    Thank you as well, JediJunkie That would be nice :)

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thank you as well Nikto. Darthspino, please keep us updated on your situation.

21. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    I'll be praying to the Lord Almighty for ya, darthspino. :)

22. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    Thanks Sithy, Glad you agree :D
    And BTW [face_laugh] Yeah, Kick'em in the balls!! :p [face_laugh]
    And Thanks NiktoJedi9 :) I'm OK :D
    Good luck Darthspino! ;)

23. darthspino

Aug 18, 2001
    Thanx Legolas and LGM :)
    I am thinking of just talking to him about it before I unleash the fury of my foot on his nads ;)

24. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Wow! People actually talking about killing their parents over a toy?!? What has this world come to?

25. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Um, the toy isn't the point, my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.