main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How closely related is the JC and TFN's Fan Fic Archive?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by TheHarbinger, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHarbinger

TheHarbinger Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    I stopped writing fanfic a long time ago and have just gotten back into the habit of it (TFN's Archive was a great motivator).

I've just been wondering...

How many people on the boards actually visit TFN's Fan Fiction Archive regularly?

How many people submit their stories there?

Just wondering, thanks.

-Jebb

2. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I visit now and then. But I haven't submitted any thing yet cuz my stories still need to be completed. But I would love archive it there once its done.

Thats the main reason I like the archived fics, that they are completed works.

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I visit the archive whenever there's a new story that interests me, or to vote in the poll. I also like the way the stories are all finished.

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I visit it regularly, partly because I have two fics there already and have submitted a third, and partly because I'm interested in seeing which new stories and articles have been added in each update.

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I like going there because for one, mean writers can't leave you on a cliff hanger in between posts. :p I also like the articles, writing tips, and plot bunny thingies. :D

6. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    The Fanfic Archive was what led me here in part.

7. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    lol that's right Alderaan! :)

i'm a reviewer at the archives...and i plan to submit my fics there once they're finally finished.

the idea for the TFN fanfic archive was actually proposed in 2 threads over on the fanfic board(this board wasn't created yet). people were eager to help and happy to start it, and TFN approved the idea, so after a series of organizing chats and delays, the page was launched!

since the idea was birthed in the JC, much support has been through the fanfic board. we announced the archive's opening there and many of the board's users registered their same names there.

however, the staff has made a very big effort to separate the archive from the boards so as to not exclude people that visit TFN, but not the JC.

8. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    what Vergere said. :)

the archive grew out of the minds on some who posted here and with the help of darthcleo, it was made into a reality. not all stories on the boars will be accepted into the archive; only the best of the best get in. that makes it a "quality" archive, of which there are deplorably less and less.

9. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    We also want to make sure that people know that you don't need to be a board poster to submit or be accepted, or to write articles or apply as a reviewer.

They're totally separate entities that have a lot of people in common just proximity. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.