main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did you discover the Jedi Council?

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Jul 3, 2018.

1. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I don't have friends in real life who care about star wars as much as I do. So back around season 3 of the Clone Wars when it was really getting good I desperately needed to find people to talk to and I found this place.

J_Girl, MotivateR5D4 and pronker like this.
  2. Master Ood

Master Ood Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1998
    At the time it was the only place talking about the prequels...

J_Girl, Tython Awakening and pronker like this.
  3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I registered in the summer of 2001, when I was looking for local Fan Forces and just stayed in the regional FF section (was in Albany NY at the time)

Wound up meeting up with a few others, only one of which wanted to start up a local chapter. He introduced me to the larger JCC community, and to the Geriatric Ward, and I quickly learned he was full of himself. I cannot name the user, as we don't talk about banned users **coughcoughBEEZEL26coughcough**

Jedi_Allegra and J_Girl like this.
  4. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    The soundtrack title fiasco for Episode I brought me to the site, where I lurked for weeks before committing to join, but Episode II rumormongering, fan fic, and the NJO discussion threads kept me around.

SithOverlord101 and pronker like this.
  5. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    My friend from high school told me about this website. I had seen the OT and TPM but sometime around 2001 is when I REALLY got into Star Wars. These boards were the source of a lot of info.

pronker likes this.
  6. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Random internet searching for Jedi v Jedi battles.

ThisIsMe1138, jedivalens and pronker like this.
  7. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Hmmm... I think my dad just searched "Star Wars forum", and here y'all were... Two months later and I don't think I could live without it [face_laugh]

8. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    I found this through google.

pronker likes this.
  9. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I had an account back in 2012 or 13 and must've fallen away from posting, then when TFA was on the horizon I joined up and have been sneaking into the store cupboard at work to lurk and chat and contribute to the Sith agenda ever since...

pronker likes this.
  10. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    It has been some time since I made a visit to the Jedi Council! The better part of my formative years were spent here, predominantly in Hooper McFinney's Bar & Grille (insert many LOL's here). :D

My older brother and a friend of his actively Role Played here under the moniker(s) Juno_Epsilon & Jace_Halycron. I had to scratch my head unbelievably hard to recall that information!

Shout-outs to GrandAdmiralJello, Thok, Yomin-Carr, Protege-of-Thrawn, Wildwookiee, Yun-Yuuzhan & nithrak_tewl. There's so many more names I've forgotten! I was absolutely thrilled to see a 20 year celebration; hopefully my next visit will be sooner than the 30. ;)

Cheers!

pronker likes this.
  11. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I found the JC a year or so after The Phantom Menace, after a year of thinking I was The First Twelve Year Old To Ever Write Fanfiction. I had another account before this one, but this is the one I used where I actually was able to...have social skills.

pronker likes this.
  12. Darth_Chuckles

Darth_Chuckles Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 1999
    Came looking for Episode 1 spoilers, stayed for everything else.

Sarge and pronker like this.
  13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Absolutely can't remember why. Maybe I checked the force.net for some EP1 info and kept coming here for reasons that elude me.

20 years. Gods.

pronker likes this.
  14. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I remember lurking here without an account for years-since the sixth grade or earlier even. I didn't get an account until 2016. Though I was familiar with the site for at least half a decade prior.

Sinrebirth and pronker like this.
  15. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I was looking for spoilers and came across the JC.

16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    After TLJ I felt the need to talk about SW more than what any of my friends could endure, so I googled "Star Wars Forum" and here I am.

pronker likes this.
  17. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Probably an Alta vista search on Mosaic for fanfiction sometime shortly after TPM came out. Or it could have a been a search for tips on playing X-Wing or a search looking for SW sound effects .wav files. I honestly don’t remember. It was a very nice distraction from grad school. We had a T1 connection at the lab so I would download threads to my Palm so I could read them at home without having to fight with the slowness of the dial-up connection.

Findswoman and pronker like this.
  18. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Guided by The Force of course.

pronker likes this.
  19. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Just looked for some information on EpII which brought me to TFN. I then decided to click on the forum to see what that was about and found what I had actually imagined would be a good idea in my head was already happening.
    The first forum I found, and still among the best.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    pronker likes this.