main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you address a Jedi Knight?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Wilhelmina, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    Sooo, say you have a Jedi named Skywalker. When he's a Padawan, he's "Padawan Skywalker" or "Young Skywalker" (as some people seem to be fond of calling him.) When he's a Master, he's "Master Skywalker". How do you address him in a formal situation when he's a Knight? "Sir Skywalker"? "Knight Skywalker"? Just "Skywalker"? How about a woman--"Dame Skywalker"? I haven't read any of the EU, so if this is a stupid, easily-answered question, chalk it up to ignorance. :) I need to know for a fic I'm writing.

Thanks,
    Mina

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Yeah, you probably would address him as "Knight Skywalker" or "Jedi Skywalker." Mara just calls him "Skywalker." I've seen all three in several different books.

3. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    In AOTC, Obi-Wan was referred to as Master Jedi although his title was only Knight. It was traditional to refer to a Knight who was mentoring a padawan as Master. A Knight without a padawan-I have no idea.

4. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    For a Padawan: Master Skywalker

For a non-Jedi: Master Skywalker or Jedi Skywalker

For another Jedi Knight: Usually called by the first name, especially when they're friends.

For a Jedi Master: Usually the first name.

5. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    Guess I should have been more specific. :) What I'm looking for is how a Jedi Knight, without a Padawan, would be addressed by A) his/her former Master and B) the members of the Jedi Council.

So far, it looks like just about anything would be acceptable, yes?

6. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    He or she would be addressed as Knight or Jedi {insert last name here) as far as I know. I only makes sense considering the other methods of adressing Jedi of other ranks.

~~Aanix

7. Jedi_Wurth_Skidder

Jedi_Wurth_Skidder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2002
    A. His/her former Master would probably just call him/her by their first name.

B. The Council would call him Jedi (insertnamehere).

Maybe I'm alone, but I always thought Knight (insertnamehere) sounded odd, so I always go with Jedi (insertnamehere).

8. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    I would use the first name for both, since his Master and the Council are Jedi also.

9. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I would think the former Master would address his/her former Padawan by their first name only.

And the council would address him/her by Knight (Last name here.) In a more formal setting atleast, any other time, perhaps only by first name of Knight (first name here).

Right- hope that helped a bit.

10. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    What I'm looking for is how a Jedi Knight, without a Padawan, would be addressed by A) his/her former Master and B) the members of the Jedi Council.

How would a JK be addressed by his/her former Master : I would think by his/her first name in informal situations. In formal situations, Knight [+ first name (or last name)].

by the members of the Jedi Council : Probably Knight [+ first name or last name].

I'm seriously against Jedi Knights being called Jedi [+first name/last name] by other Jedi. I don't know. I think it just doesn't fit.

But again, militants in formal situations call the other militants by their full title (like General Bel Iblis or General Antilles), so I suppose the Jedi might do that as well.

Aunecah_Skywalker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.