main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How do you build off the Sequel Trilogy moving forward

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jid123Sheeve, Jul 9, 2020.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I like this idea that the dawn of exploration of the galaxy and discovery of hyperspace travel would've preceded the discovery of the Jedi by several thousands of years.

IMO I also like the concept that the Jedi (or at least Force users) originated on one planet. "The Skywalker, passing down his knowledge of the Force to his younger generations" could work for that, but maybe not just originating with one individual, but the beings on that entire system. Then after being discovered, over the course of many thousands of years they spread throughout the galaxy and different beings intermarried and built families together-spreading Force ability through generations among many different beings across the entire galaxy. Then at one point-perhaps only a thousand years or two-before the events of TPM, after helping to liberate the galaxy from Sith rule (which palpatine referred to in ROTS), the Jedi became acknowledged officially by the galactic government as the Jedi Order, with the intention of protecting the people and principles of the Old Republic.

Or IMO it could work that maybe not just those beings were Force sensitive-but they were the only ones who discovered the Force and its nature, and how to interact with it. And then they taught others throughout the galaxy over the centuries.

IMO there's a number of different interesting ways the origin of the Jedi could be told.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    I'd imagine droids have been a part of SW for a very long time indeed*, given that the technology to build robots and fairly intelligent computer programs (by our standards). I mean, R2-D2s most distant SW ancestor probobly existed well before the introduction of hyperdrive and looked and functioned a lot more like a PackBot then he did Wall-E.

*even in Legends, were technology was dipicted as having reached a certain plateau around the time of the KOTOR games they showed a progression too, as over the course of several thousand years they went from looking like this, to this, to this.

Maybe it reaches that point, then rebuilds, then reaches it agian several more times; the space apocalypse happens, technology/society regresses for a thousand years or so, and then peaple rebuild and a few thousand years later the whole thing happens all over again.

Well, a (loose) chronology exists by defualt so long as dates are provided, and the High Republic seems to, so far, have a distinctive aesthetic, and so does the so-far undeterimined time period in which Lord Momin existed (an aesthetic that actually looks more advanced then that of even the ST era), while the Black Bishop and his lightsword from Vader Immortal also have unique aesthetics and so do the ancient Jedi/Ordu Aspecto in Doctor Aphra.

While that's interesting, the idea that the Force originated from one bloodline seems to conflict with the idea that it's some sort of greater cosmic energy created by "all" living things which ties reality together, unless were talking about an Adam and Eve situation.

DARTH_BELO and Iron_lord like this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, I wasn't really talking about the Force itself originating from one system of beings-but rather that the Force always existed but just that this one bloodline/group of beings were the first to be able to sense it, and interact with it-and that this ability was spread throughout the galaxy over time as they themselves spread and created new generations with different beings, bringing about the Jedi we've seen so far.

K2771991 and Darth PJ like this.
  4. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Ah, I see. That makes sense, as somebody somewhere had to be the first person to use it (though given the size of the galaxy and the fact that the Force does'nt seem to be that hard to use accidentally I'd imagine that not only was is the very first person to start knowingly using the Force lost to history*, the multiple proto-Jedi/proto-Sith evolved simultaniously on multiple planets well before even primitive manned spacetravel existed).

*becuase their existance, like that of the very first person to discover how to create fire, probobly pre-dates recorded history.

DARTH_BELO and Iron_lord like this.
  5. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Everybody has the force as Luke Skywalker so eloquently put it.

6. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Yes, but not everybody can use it.

7. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I mentioned on another thread... I think it would be really interesting to see the first Force users, have them be a bit more grounded with more subtle powers etc. and see how they establish their ‘religion’. This would then open up the opportunity of seeing the ‘prime’ Sith.

8. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    I'd imagine, given the nature of the Force, that origin of (most) current Force-related beliefs lays in shamanism and the like.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I guess it could be whatever the writers want it to be... it could involve someone discovering/finding Mortis, Exegol or similar... It could be the spark of 'civilisation' in AGFFA. Depends on how far they want to go with it I suppose.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet mortis is tied with the first jedi and discovery of the force. And mortis ones are reffrenced as the mortis gods by Palpatine in rebels. I think they be like these goodlike beings in the past. We know they only disappeared 2000 years before the clone wars.

11. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    The transmission the Republic intercepted was sent using a 2000 year old Jedi code, but that does'nt mean the Mortis Gods are/were actually Jedi; don't they themselves say they've been around for eons? (or am I remembering things wrong?)

At any rate, 2000 years would'nt allow them to be the first Jedi, as the Jedi Order has been around over 10,000 years as of TCW.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    What im saying is that they are tied to orgins of the jedi and the force. They are not jedi, they beyond that, they are force Wilders. And we know them very old being, people see them as force gods. I could see them to be one of the first beings in existance.