main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW "How do you kill a man without Fear?" Daredevil Meet idea

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    11am is doable, i'm fixing the home network on the weekend ( new puter arrived, woot!). But I can be in the coty at 11am, so that's kings on pitt st at 11am

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    U got it!

Luke, if u can PM me if u need a ticket lemme know. Between me n Tek I guess we should do ok....

3. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    no i got tickets :D

4. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    OK, gave Paul his ticket, got Andrews and bought one for Josh. Tek got his n Sharas

Now you have to be there by 630 people. NO LATER!!!! The movie starts atr 7 sharp and they dont want late comers.

fair warning for all.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    To hell with that! I'm turning up at 6:29:50 at the latest! ;)

E_S

6. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I should be there earlyish, what time is everyone else turning up?

7. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    i'll be down there mid afternoonish. need to get a new phone and then i'll get on the train and head down.

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll try getting there 6ish, 6:15 at the latest. I'll hang around outside on George St. :)

EDIT: I'll have my phone on me so call if you're running late or whatever. PM me if you don't have my number.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'll be there. Someone will recognise me - Tek or Craig.

E_S

10. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I'll probably get there around the same time as Ki or so, maybe a bit later - I'm coming straight from North Sydney after work, so it doesn't take long. :)

And thanks heaps to tek for getting my ticket! :D

11. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I'll walk across the road and come say hi for a bit, working :(

Hey Tek, if you bring the dvds, I'll get them off you at last :)

12. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Woot!, you don't know how long they've just been sitting there, laughing at me.

13. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
  14. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I'll be there 6ish as well, no point in not getting there to late.

15. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Well I thoroughly enjoyed it! Great story and it was really well shot and the action was great and......what can i say! It rocked!

Ill talk more thoroughly tonight when im fully conscious.

16. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Opinions were divided. Basically the boys liked it and the girls didn't (and if you're a boy who didn't like it... HA HA! :p ). I thought it was great. It's Spider-man meets Batman meets something else. I'm getting the DVD when it comes out. :D

I have nitpicks about the movie (like [SPOILERS FOR THE ULTRA SENSITIVE] some dodgy CG, the answering machine message that sounds like it was read off a page, and how quick the Matt/Elektra relationship got going), but I won't nitpick because the good stuff outweighed the bad so much more for me. :)

17. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    There were parts I liked, I'll admit that, but for the most part I just...didn't.

But hey, it was a meet without photos, who am I to complain? ;)

18. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Man, I knew I forgot something, drat.

Nice film, although I felt that the fight scenes were a little rushed, but then again I feel the same way about almost any film without a half hour climactic battle sequence.

19. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Ki, what are you blind? :D

20. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I don't know about blind, but definately visually impaired :)

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    The CG was mildly dodgy in one or 2 spots, but not enough to upset me. Other than that I basically enjoyed the whole thing! It had a very real quality to it. I wont say more till a week after the official release, giving everyone the chance to see it properly.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I liked it, but I didn't like some of the liberties they took with DD. Just a minor complaint; it's a good, solid addition to comic book celluloid. However, the "in-jokes" were great to comics fans.

So, in the end, it was no Spiderman/Superman/Batman, but probably on par with X-Men. Good entertainment for your dollar. And DareDevil was an interesting choice; one of Marvel's many avenger/protector characters (Punisher/Ghost Rider etc), DareDevil has not really been a mainstream Marvel character. So making him into a screen icon worked well, as it's expetations aren't likely to be as big as they would be for a more established title.

My overall review: 7.5/10

E_S

23. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    DD not mainstream? No 1 most popular comic for along time thanks to Frank Miller and Kevin Smith, Numerous one shots and various new incantations (Daredevil, Bullseye target, Ultimate Daredevil and Electra etc)), what do you clasify as mainstream ender? Besides Xmen, Spiderman, and Hulk, Daredevil is one of the more popular Marvel titles.

24. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    id be surprised if DD was ever at number 1. Top 10, sure but I dunno about 1. And I think a lot of the reason Smiths DD was that high was that it had his name attached. A good title and a good run, but brand name creators would have been a pretty big factor.

And I wouldnt have put DD on the first tier of Marvel Heroes. Second, but not first. First tier would be Spiderman, Xmen, Fantastic 4, Captain America and Hulk. Maybe Iron man and Thor as well, basednon the old animated series' they had. DD would be second string, with other marvel legends such as Avengers, Dr Strange, Ghost Rider, Punisher etc.

I agree with Ender; A brave move for Marvel. Gives me hope for the other small gun comic films like LXG. And who knows? Maybe we WILL see the Ghost Rider live action film!

25. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    well i for one was abig fan. i dig it more than Spiderman thats for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.